PDA

View Full Version : Boo-Yaah ELCD Grip Frame

clockworkmiller
12-10-2001, 01:05 AM
Is this a reliable product? I know its good when it works, but Ive heard that getting it to work is a pain in the *** and it flakes out.

edweird
12-10-2001, 10:11 AM
I own a elcd grip and I have to say generally I like it. it has plenty of fire modes, some of which are undesireable, such as full auto and turbo. but the burst mode is quite usefull. I have not had any functional problems with it just some political problems. Some field owners dislike the unsecured/locked touney lock switch. Creation of a small hole in the rubber grip can allow someone to easily switch it midgame. Also the short and soft trigger pull has been brought up on multiple accounts.

Overall I like the product But I would hesitantly recommend it. And personally im thinking of selling mine to get a warp feed and a z-grip.

Much luck
Ed

markhauguel
12-10-2001, 02:30 PM
I have one and I would recommend it to someone who wants to get a new grip frame anyway. Once I got it to work (3 hours) it has worked flawlessly for several months. I have not had any problems with the tourney lock because most people around here have electro guns already. I haven't used anything other than semi-auto in a game. I like not half stroking and breaking paint. I have 6-7 cases of paint through it and have maybe 1-2 brakes per case. If you get into a real splattering bloodbath it is a pain to clean where as with my old benchmark I turned on the air and hosed it off in sink at the field. If you are looking for an electro gun and like your mag this good way to go. Good luck.

Lexani
12-10-2001, 09:23 PM
How much do used booyah's go for? i want to sell mine and want to know a good price for it?

markhauguel
12-11-2001, 08:31 AM
I am not sure about the new mag grip from Mako but I think pbgear had them for $169

clockworkmiller
12-11-2001, 06:01 PM
the orginal boo-yaah's go for around 225-250 depending on the gun its for (spyder, pirahna, automag).

Lexani
12-11-2001, 06:03 PM
It's for a mag, and the warp feed is SOLD! booyah i believe is gone to to TUNAMAN for a full splash kit colored chrome!