PDA

View Full Version : Tombstone is Closing

kopfjaeger
12-01-2005, 03:32 PM
For all you Southern California players, Tombstone is closing December 19th. :(

Automaggot68
12-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Its been said that the government land that Tombstone leases wasnt to be renewed.

Supposedly, SC Village is supposed to close too. The land is to be developed for housing. Rumor has it thats why they created Hollywood Sports Park.

For year folks have been saying that these two places were going to close. Its just now finally happened it seems(at least the one).

I await to see what happens to SC now.

What about the farmland around it?

I hope SC doesn't close, I love that place.

OneEyedPimp
12-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Its been said that the government land that Tombstone leases wasnt to be renewed.

Supposedly, SC Village is supposed to close too. The land is to be developed for housing. Rumor has it thats why they created Hollywood Sports Park.

For year folks have been saying that these two places were going to close. Its just now finally happened it seems(at least the one).

I await to see what happens to SC now.

Velocity is supposed to close in like 4 years. Not that many know of Velocity here...

Automaggot68
12-01-2005, 08:37 PM
From what Ive heard, no actual proof.....they moved the cows out months ago to make room for the developments and to get rid of the smell.

I havent been out that way lately, but heard that the cow crap smell isnt nearly as bad as it used to be(because the cows are gone). All 2nd-hand info, but still interesting to note.

Hmmm.

SC Was one of the last places here in SoCal that let you do your own fills, and that was All day air.

Automaggot68
12-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Are you sure?
I doubt Denise or Dan would let that happen.

kopfjaeger
12-03-2005, 01:04 AM
Just what we need, MORE development. :rolleyes:

geekwarrior
12-03-2005, 01:23 AM
no kidding...2 of our 4 outlaw fields are now box homes :mad:

getting harder to find places to play around here :cry:

mixwell2
12-03-2005, 03:12 AM
Tombstone is closing becasue of Flodding issue among other things. I talked to Leon awhile ago and he is working on a new field in North OC...indoor though

magmanl337
12-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Velocity is supposed to close in like 4 years. Not that many know of Velocity here...

I have a 4-foot vinyl cut sticker of Velocity Paintball's logo on the back of my truck, used to ref for them. I'd hate to see them go out of business, I wanna ref again : (

mixwell2
12-04-2005, 06:34 PM
There is allot of politics involved with opening a paintball field in Orange County, and many factors to to take into consideration besides cost.

Id love to see an indoor in OC, so hopefully Leon already has something in the works/finalized. But with how many Ive heard talk about doing it, I wont believe it until it happens.

oh i agree. I don't see Leon as a "all talk" person. It sounded like he had the majority of the politics taken care of. it was awhile ago when we had that conversation (July/August) Back then he did mention it would not be til '06.

You are right though with the current state of paintball "Don't believe it til you see it!!"

RoadDawg
12-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Bummer to see a field go away. Tombstone is one of my favorites, just due to the fact the volume isn't 50 on 50 (sc & HSP). If a indoor place gets built I hope it is better then the previous indoor fields I've played at. Note for those that might attempt, astro turf gets slippery when covered in paint/vegetable oil.

Vex
12-07-2005, 01:40 AM
I seriously doubt that SC Village will close it's doors at this point due to develpment issues. It is a historical staple in the paintball world as well as one of the best-known fields in the world. Of course, I could be wrong.

An outdoor field at Raging Waters, huh? Well, at least you could wash off easily when you're done! :D

Target Practice
12-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Goddamnit. I love their pizza.

Caffiend
12-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Makin a trip out there on Saturday!

kopfjaeger
12-17-2005, 01:24 AM
Tombstone will open a new indoor field in Brea, CA. Look for info on their website. It is supposed to open in January.

angelpena
12-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Too bad Brea is so far from me.

http://members.cox.net/tombstonepaintball/home.htm

RoadDawg
12-20-2005, 02:00 AM
Sweet... that'll only be like 5-10 minutes from my apartment.