PDA

View Full Version : XValve HPA usage

Phil-Himself
12-01-2005, 04:40 PM
I noticed my AIR valve is a little bit of a gas hog and I was wondering if the xvalve is less of an HPA user.

I also was wondering if ULE bodies will fit on my classic rail.

Dayspring
12-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Yes, the ULE body will fit on the rail. You just need to remove the twist lock pin.

And the Xvalve will use more air only because of the level 10. If you used a level 7 bolt on the xvalve, it would use the same amount of air.

ANd define gas hog. With a level 10 on an xmag, I was able to get 5 pods and a hopper off a tank.

PumpPlayer
12-01-2005, 07:06 PM
You can count on about 8 shots per cuin of tank space with a 3k psi tank or about 12-13 shots per cuin on a 4500 on even the worst 'mag. Classic valves are actually a tiny, tiny, very tiny bit better on gas usage than a reactive valve. Level 10 bolts take a little bit of excess gas, but in my opinion the trade-off is well worth it. A ULT kit will also make you use a little bit more gas, but not very much at all.

Get good paint-to-barrel match and you can raise your shot count a lot. After that, a good tank regulator (like a flatline, Maxflo, etc.) will also improve your numbers slightly.

I use a 68/45 tank and carry the hopper and 4 pods. I have more air than I need to shoot every ball I can carry. Remember, you gotta carry the paint before you can shoot it.

For a back player carrying 7 or more pods, a 'mag might not be the first choice of marker. For the rest of us, though, the air efficiency makes little difference so long as there's a fill station to use between games.

Good luck!

Phil-Himself
12-01-2005, 07:46 PM
ANd define gas hog. With a level 10 on an xmag, I was able to get 5 pods and a hopper off a tank.

that's about what I get on my Classic Valve, it just seems like not much when you are in the woods and no N2 is available for 15 miles to the nearest paintball shop.

Dayspring
12-01-2005, 09:47 PM
So, would you like to share with the class why you think that is?

Classic valves are actually a tiny, tiny, very tiny bit better on gas usage than a reactive valve. Level 10 bolts take a little bit of excess gas, but in my opinion the trade-off is well worth it. A ULT kit will also make you use a little bit more gas, but not very much at all.

SpitFire1299
12-01-2005, 10:54 PM
that's about what I get on my Classic Valve, it just seems like not much when you are in the woods and no N2 is available for 15 miles to the nearest paintball shop.
You should try co2.. i know co2 isnt good, but 15 miles away is far away. Have a parts kit handy.

Phil-Himself
12-02-2005, 11:34 PM
You should try co2.. i know co2 isnt good, but 15 miles away is far away. Have a parts kit handy.
my AIR valve doesn't like co2, and xvalve won't use it, so negetive on co2