PDA

View Full Version : Shocker 04 VS X-valved mag

barjohn
12-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Hey i was thinking of getting a new gun ( 04 vision shocker ) or upgrading my classic mag to an X-valved and ULT mag. what are the pros and cons of getting one compared to others ?

hobbesTZ
12-01-2005, 09:54 PM
I'll never own another Shocker. I would rather use a functional Shocker over any 'mag in most cases.

Have spare orings and keep extremely good care of the Shocker and it will be the fastest/smallest/lightest thing you can get.

punkncat
12-01-2005, 09:54 PM
I am really suprized that you would even consider trying to compare the two. Its an impossible comparison to make. Two completly different ends of the spectrum.

phantomhitman
12-01-2005, 10:11 PM
I have ony seen 2 issue with shockers
1-chopping
2-more chopping
For whatever reason 4 shockers (2 stock bodied, 1 nasty, 1 dynasty) passed through my teammates hands. They all chopped at high rates of fire. It could be the reflective eye, or some or mysterious similiarity between them. I have seen some at tournies go all day with no issues, so maybe it was a fluke. They are nice guns, lightweight, fast, and have a ton of aftermarket parts for them. I would say give the shocker a chance.

BD_Paintball
12-01-2005, 10:17 PM
to stop the chopping you just have to make sure you dont have too much lube or not enough lube on the bolt. too much will cause bolt stick and other problems that will make you chop. i would go with the shocker b/c it is
1 electronic
2 has eyes
3 company is still making products

tyrion2323
12-02-2005, 09:17 AM
Why not look at a Freestyle?

Approximately the same weight and size as a shocker, but works very similar to a mag.

I have had great luck with mine :)

Lohman446
12-02-2005, 09:27 AM
I always blamed chopping at high rates of fire in Shockers that I owned to the Halo/Empire pushing past the detents - never had the problem when I turned down the boards on either.

dahoeb
12-02-2005, 12:20 PM
i agree with punkcat on this one. Those are two VERY different markers. Their feel and operation are nothing alike. both are good markers in their own respects.
if you prefer an electro, take a look at a freestyle as well though

Skoad
12-02-2005, 12:25 PM
buy a used xvalve+ult for cheaper off the forums. Try it, if you don't like it resell it and try the shocker or something different.

WARPED1
12-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Why not look at a Freestyle?

Approximately the same weight and size as a shocker, but works very similar to a mag.

I have had great luck with mine :)
Because Freestyles are extremely inefficient, even more than mags. Wit a 68 4.5 tank, you'll hardly be able to get through one game(Jax Warriors experienced this, and will not use the Freestyle in the NPPL.)

peewee
12-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Do the mag up. If you start looking at a freestyle bottom line you want an FS7. One local taem has a couple & they are freakin insane. I like it much better than my buddies EGO. I get maggish air usage out of my gen 2 freestyle with HE bolt. The FS7 gets much better efficiency than the older freestyles. i'm upgrading mine with FS7 internals after Xmas. Wasn't Jaxs using gen 1 freestyles?? They should take a look at the FS7. ICD is kind of close to where I am at & I have noticed more & more FS7's around.

FSU_Paintball
12-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Freestyles with the new bolt upgrade will cost about the same as a shocker, and they also get 1400 shots a fill, so it's not so bad. Definitely more efficient than a mag... my stock FS7 is as efficient as a mag.

I own a freestyle and like it very much.

Between the mag and the shocker I'd go shocker all the way... unless you're just looking to screw around non-tourney and non-airball

ojhspyro89
12-02-2005, 04:46 PM
I own a freestyle. It was used. They are extremely fast and cheap. I picked up my gen 2 for 300 bucks. Then i put a nox baord in.......... :headbang: