PDA

View Full Version : My Blingy, pimpalicious tourney marker :)

punkncat
12-01-2005, 09:46 PM
We are having a mechanical tourney series at the local. 5 games, one each month from November-March. You must use a "stock" Spyder/clone, or Tippy. No RT's and no major performance upgrades such as LP, regs, new valves, etc.

I had picked up a Spyder Xtra a while back in trade for an I & I Punisher I was given for free. I had to replace the SS line, added the Dye frame I picked up for $5, and borrowed an All American barrel back from a friend who upgraded to an Empire Kit. I got the crappy looking Stickies on a marker I bought a while back and replaced them and never got around to throwing away. Got the Revi free from Brass Eagle or whoever it was that bought out Viewloader.

All in all I have $15 in the marker.

I had forgotten how unrefined a blowback is. In the first game of the series myself and another fellow using a mil-sim Tippy stood about 20 feet from each other shooting as fast as we could, unable to actually put a paintball on each other for a good 10 seconds....
...our team still managed to pull out 1st place by 5pts. It came down to eliminations.

Well anyway, here is a pic of my $15 Spyder.
http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/259/259802/pages/720242/Spyder001(Small).jpg

Lord_Whoopass
12-01-2005, 09:50 PM
lol I started playing tournies w/ a spyder Shutter w/ dye frame... like that...

Evil1
12-02-2005, 02:01 AM
My first tourny I played in I used a BE Craptor and the pin that mates the bolt to the hammer broke like 2 min. into the first game and my one friend let me use his one mag for the rest of the day.

Teamslayer76
12-02-2005, 06:36 AM
My first tourny I played in I used a BE Craptor and the pin that mates the bolt to the hammer broke like 2 min. into the first game and my one friend let me use his one mag for the rest of the day.
LAMO! Craptor! The first gun I ever used in a tourney was a B.E. Ninja it was lent to me about 5 years ago, maybe 6..not sure.

peewee
12-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Give you $20 for it... Or is it your new primary :D .

PumpPlayer
12-02-2005, 01:39 PM
I'm not aware of the exact equipment rules, but...

If you guys want a real equipment advantage, see if you can't find a few old ICD "cats". Best blowbacks ever made, I think. I still have an old Bobcat and it shoots like a champ.

I'm guessing cockers and mags aren't permitted, but how about pumps? A nice autotriggered sniper can easily outshoot most JABBs. A pneumatic-assist would just be murder.

Sounds like a fun tourney. Good luck.

peewee
12-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Why no stock mags or cockers??

mag88888
12-02-2005, 03:10 PM
I sure wish they had tournies like that around here, in Vermont. Sounds like a ton of fun to step it down a notch or so.

wanna-b-ballin'
12-02-2005, 03:21 PM
i think it would be way more awsome if you had to use the fields rental guns. free of charge of course.

warbeak2099
12-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Why no stock mags or cockers??

It's a mech blowback tourny. Neither are blowbacks.

punkncat
12-02-2005, 09:22 PM
i think it would be way more awsome if you had to use the fields rental guns. free of charge of course.

Actually about half the field were borrowed rentals.

I sure wish they had tournies like that around here, in Vermont. Sounds like a ton of fun to step it down a notch or so.

Its really cool to be able to play around like this. Being off season everyone has a kind of laid back attitude about the game right now.

Give you $20 for it... Or is it your new primary .

I dunno, its such a delicious marker. Not sure I could let a jewel like this go. May have to set the Eblade aside for its MASTER!!! lol

The Action Figure
12-03-2005, 10:09 PM
nice frame

Baby Huey
12-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Which board do you have in that? :D

ThePixelGuru
12-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Diggin' the low-profile feedneck. Rock on. :D

punkncat
12-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Which board do you have in that? :D

Well, I am glad you asked. Its got the patended "Orangutan" board. Its competly undetectable to scutiny of any kind. Its uncapped ROF modes include all capable methods of fire by the user. It actually draws its power from the hands of the player using it, so the batterys never need to be changed.

Be sure and look for the new "Orangutan" board in your local shop.....

Baby Huey
12-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Well, I am glad you asked. Its got the patended "Orangutan" board. Its competly undetectable to scutiny of any kind. Its uncapped ROF modes include all capable methods of fire by the user. It actually draws its power from the hands of the player using it, so the batterys never need to be changed.

Be sure and look for the new "Orangutan" board in your local shop.....

Thats sweet. What do you keep the dwell at? :D

punkncat
12-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Thats sweet. What do you keep the dwell at? :D

I try not to dwell on it at all...... :cool: