PDA

View Full Version : When the mags die.......

Cow hunter
12-02-2005, 08:59 PM
I realize it is inebitable that AGD is going down..... but i had a thought...... what will happen to them after they're gone? Might they be revived by a larger company? Truthfully I dont belive AGD will stay dead...... I dont think ive seen any threads on what will happen after they go down(if at all)..... Then there is the possibility of AGD becoming what palmers is, a small privtley held custom shop of sorts........

What do you think?

buzzboy
12-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Very possible but not nessassarily true. I really don't know though. I think they will be more like AKA.

Willystyle21
12-02-2005, 09:26 PM
I never see them truly dieing. Especially with shops like Spec Ops selling their LongBow which is nothing more than A TacOne with a few mods. Long live AGD. In one way or another....

Lohman446
12-02-2005, 09:31 PM
I realize it is inebitable that AGD is going down..... but i had a thought...... what will happen to them after they're gone? Might they be revived by a larger company? Truthfully I dont belive AGD will stay dead...... I dont think ive seen any threads on what will happen after they go down(if at all)..... Then there is the possibility of AGD becoming what palmers is, a small privtley held custom shop of sorts........

What do you think?

AGD is privately owned, and I beleive some efforts have been made to cut overhead in the past years based only on what we have seen on the message boards and no actual "insider" knowledge.

SpitFire1299
12-02-2005, 09:35 PM
AGD is privately owned, and I beleive some efforts have been made to cut overhead in the past years based only on what we have seen on the message boards and no actual "insider" knowledge.
Yeah.. thats how i see it. :p

Nutsnyomowf
12-03-2005, 05:46 PM
I think the AutoMag is way to pricey.If AGD was to re-release the ClassicMag with a ULE body,alil milling in the rail,Lvl10,a nice aluiminum single trigger frame(or the Intelli),and a barrel (cheap but ok one) at the price of a A5 Tippman then they can get a larger piece of the pie that owned by Tippman.The technology of the mag isgreat but also old like others have stated. Anyways we all know that whats considered Underground is always the best anyway.May the Mag and AGD live forever :headbang:

nirvana1234
12-03-2005, 05:57 PM
I think the AutoMag is way to pricey.If AGD was to re-release the ClassicMag with a ULE body,alil milling in the rail,Lvl10,a nice aluiminum single trigger frame(or the Intelli),and a barrel (cheap but ok one) at the price of a A5 Tippman then they can get a larger piece of the pie that owned by Tippman.The technology of the mag isgreat but also old like others have stated. Anyways we all know that whats considered Underground is always the best anyway.May the Mag and AGD live forever :headbang:

i wish this too but it will never happen, AGD cant put mags at such a low price becuz of what it takes to build them. tippmann has strudy guns but they are also made from molds and such so the tolerances on them arent the greatest.

mobsterboy
12-03-2005, 06:15 PM
hmmm, my xvalved hypermag doesnt look like its gonna die any time soon, so what are you talking about? A company is not measured simply by its gross and net profit, but by its loyal fans and quality-based products. Sure, SP has lots of ppl who love their company and their guns, but heck, they had so many problems with just about any gun they brought out, and their customer service was nicknamed "PITA". As long as we are here, AGD wont die, just fade into the background for those who know what they need out of a paintball gun to visit them

shartley
12-03-2005, 07:13 PM
I disagree. A Pro Classic with ULE body and Level 10 is $285 from AGD, cheaper from dealers.

A-5's are $270 when not on special.

The mag is a better choice for a few reasons:
-The Pro Classic is just as light, if not lighter than the A-5
-ULE body is better than the cast aluminum A-5 body
-The Pro Classic comes stock with Level 10, the A-5 has no anti-chop that I am aware of.
-The Carbon Fiber single trigger frame is just as nice, if not nicer than the cast aluminum frame of an A-5

To say that a mag needs to have more features than an A-5 and be priced the same is not reasonable.

Tippmans are inexpensive because of their method of construction and the volume they sell.
I understand the reasons for the post but please keep in mind that what is posted was opinion. And as such I will now post mine.

The weight of a marker is not as important in the category which the A5 is in. Woodsball and Milsim players are simply not as concerned about weight as other segments of the market are. So weight is not a good selling point when comparing the two IMO, more so when you start slapping all sorts of goodies on the markers. And in that category the A5 simply leaves the Pro Classic in the dust.

The ULE body is not “better” than a cast aluminum A5 body which does exactly what it is supposed to do. Yes, the materials cost more and are probably more durable, but then again it all comes down to what is needed. So each body would be considered adequate for its needs. “Better” then simply becomes a point salesmen try to use to make their products stand above the competition.

Anti chopping systems are only needed if the player feels they need one. I don’t have any anti chopping “things” in my RTPro and it works GREAT. And my Son does not have any issues with chopping on his A5. And on the other hand, I DO chop with my Stroker from time to time but don’t feel the need to have anti-chopping systems in it.

And there is a reason why most Mags moved away from the carbon fiber frame, so to now act like it is an advantage is kind of odd IMO.

I have however maintained from day one that Mags are great markers, but overpriced for what you get. When you can get markers that have more and cost less, as well as shoot just as fast and the same paint at the same velocities, it is hard to justify “quality” as the only reason to pay more for a Mag.

Sorry, when comparing the Pro Classic with the A5 I just find them lacking and not really in the same league. Tippman found its niche and now AGD is trying to join it. I can understand and even respect an AGD Dealer and custom parts maker for Mags to want to hype Mags, but I disagree with the conclusions made. But we are all entitled to our opinions.

ADDED: It all depends on personal opinion and perspective. It also depends on what the player WANTS and finds important. THAT is what determines what marker is better and what price is justifiable. A Ferrari is not as good a vehicle as a minivan for someone who has a family of 6. A minivan is not as good a vehicle as a pickup truck for someone who needs to haul lumber. A pickup truck is not as good a vehicle as a compact car for someone who does not need to haul things and has a smaller budget for gas. And it goes on and on.

Paintball markers are much the same. But we find people trying to push markers into the hands of players for the sake of the type of marker VS the needs, wants, and budget of the player. Heaven forbid if one company makes a "better" marker for the needs and desires of a player than another. And no one marker is "best" for all types of playing and all players. :cheers:

zaqwert6
12-03-2005, 08:03 PM
If/when AGD actually goes 'out of business' that's the last you'll see of them period...IMO.

A large manufacturer would likely not touch the 'Mag' as the valve system is far to precise not to mention the level 10 and all its neccessary tuning and retuning...in that , A) it would be difficult to mass produce in china or the like with that precision and 2) you would never mass produce a product that requires the user to dissassemble, tune and reassemble when safety and relability of function are concerned.

stop whining buy a mag
12-03-2005, 08:16 PM
If/when AGD actually goes 'out of business' that's the last you'll see of them period...IMO.

A large manufacturer would likely not touch the 'Mag' as the valve system is far to precise not to mention the level 10 and all its neccessary tuning and retuning...in that , A) it would be difficult to mass produce in china or the like with that precision and 2) you would never mass produce a product that requires the user to dissassemble, tune and reassemble when safety and relability of function are concerned.

I understand they would be hard to mass produce but please explain the retuning part. I know people that replace less than one o-ring a year in their mag and they have had their mags since the early 90's.

zaqwert6
12-03-2005, 08:27 PM
I understand they would be hard to mass produce but please explain the retuning part. I know people that replace less than one o-ring a year in their mag and they have had their mags since the early 90's.

Not if they had a Level 10. ;)

WARPED1
12-03-2005, 08:34 PM
The mag will die in mainstream, but there will always be AO cult(not a bad thing). And AGD will never die, just be reborn. TK has something in store! :)

coyote
12-04-2005, 01:44 AM
my level 10 was a set it and forget it option as well.

Recon by Fire
12-04-2005, 02:42 AM
The Mag hasn't been mainsitream in what, 10 years? I don't really see anything changing.

zaqwert6
12-04-2005, 10:20 PM
my level 10 was a set it and forget it option as well.

Who set it? You?

Fire the marker a few hundred times to wear in the O-ring while you let it leak. 10. Now that you have the O-ring settled in, switch to the next size smaller carrier until the marker stops leaking down the barrel.

That'll never fly with "Tippmann" or "K2" like manufacturing numbers.

benzy2
12-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Yes because we all know how k2 owns WGP and cockers never ever ever leak and they never include tuning by the end user. Wait a minute. Did I just say cockers arent to be tuned by the end user?

coyote
12-05-2005, 12:01 AM
I set it.

SCpoloRicker
12-05-2005, 11:56 AM
Id figure most peoples thoughts were given in your other thread...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=186726

*giggle*

/OMG TEH AGD IS DIEYING

Skoad
12-05-2005, 12:23 PM
mags are dead, we're all just necrophiliacs :spit_take :D

GT
12-05-2005, 02:41 PM
The mag will die in mainstream, )

welcome to 2000!

WARPED1
12-05-2005, 03:22 PM
welcome to 2000!
I know they're dead, but I was being nice to the AO Cult so they didn't accuse me of saying mags suck when I said no such thing.

WARPED1
12-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Mags are dead, except for those AO faithful:), but AGD will never die! :)

zaqwert6
12-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Yes because we all know how k2 owns WGP and cockers never ever ever leak and they never include tuning by the end user. Wait a minute. Did I just say cockers arent to be tuned by the end user?

Trilogy ring a bell? :rolleyes:

Next....

WARPED1
12-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Which would mean they arent dead, right?
No, the MAG is, but AGD is coming up with something new according to TK. :)

WARPED1
12-05-2005, 06:58 PM
But you said its here for the AO faithful. So, its still alive.
I said dead in the mainstream. I also said they would always be alive for the few thousand AO faithful. And that is not an insult! That's a good thing! :)

WARPED1
12-05-2005, 08:06 PM
So we agree....mags arent dead :headbang:
No.
In mainstream paintball, mags of any type are dead.

Resurection
12-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the Flatline? Guns aside, there is no reg that can compete with the Flatline for simple operation and consistancy. And compared to some of the other 'high-end' regs, the Flatline is well priced for it's quality.

WARPED1
12-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the Flatline? Guns aside, there is no reg that can compete with the Flatline for simple operation and consistancy. And compared to some of the other 'high-end' regs, the Flatline is well priced for it's quality.
I heard that the 4500 reg seats suck butt.

WARPED1
12-05-2005, 09:38 PM
I heard the same thing about shockers and ions. :clap:
Why'd you get hostile? We were having a good debate here. You must only listen to opinion on AO about Shockers and Ions. Besides Intimidators, I see mainly Shockers on every field I've been too(went to all the PSP events last year). Did I see any mags? No. And don't claim it's because AGD is aiming for the scenario market, because Tippmann caters mainly to scenario/woods, and they were at the PSP.............

zackzel
12-05-2005, 09:39 PM
I will say that Flatlines are the best tank I have ever used. I like them so well I own no other tank, I have 3 of them, they work good with high pressure, and low pressure I'm using one on my angel G7 right now. ONly problem I have ever had with one was I couldn't get it to turn up past 900 psi sent it to Tuna he did a quick fix and now it will go to 1500 psi. I don't know why AGD couldn't market these more, they are awsome.

WARPED1
12-05-2005, 09:43 PM
I will say that Flatlines are the best tank I have ever used. I like them so well I own no other tank, I have 3 of them, they work good with high pressure, and low pressure I'm using one on my angel G7 right now. ONly problem I have ever had with one was I couldn't get it to turn up past 900 psi sent it to Tuna he did a quick fix and now it will go to 1500 psi. I don't know why AGD couldn't market these more, they are awsome.
I should get a 68ci 4500psi for my Eblade goodness. Are they still made, or would I need to buy used?

Recon by Fire
12-05-2005, 10:36 PM
The only reason Mags are not in the lime light is because AGD does not advertise and push hype on the young n' dumb market and they do not have ramping software.

Resurection
12-05-2005, 10:50 PM
I should get a 68ci 4500psi for my Eblade goodness. Are they still made, or would I need to buy used?

Tuna has them as well as AGD.

GT
12-05-2005, 10:56 PM

Why do you come here to start slinging the ****? I don't get it. You don't like mags, there are very few people who like you, and you constantly cry about how AO sucks. Please just leave. Surely there is a forum with a method that can deal with people like you ;)

SCpoloRicker
12-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Why do you come here to start slinging the ****? I don't get it. You don't like mags, there are very few people who like you, and you constantly cry about how AO sucks. Please just leave. Surely there is a forum with a method that can deal with people like you ;)

He won't come play. :(

Lohman446
12-06-2005, 11:36 AM
The only reason Mags are not in the lime light is because AGD does not advertise and push hype on the young n' dumb market and they do not have ramping software.

Yeh... because all the advancements to electronic markers in the last five years have all been for nothing. :rolleyes:

Good thing I, and many others, are all in the "young n' dumb" category. It couldn't possibly be a logical selection of a marker that better fit our play style and/or budget :rolleyes:

AGD still makes one of the best mechanical markers out there, but there are superior markers in the E-marker category

phantomhitman
12-06-2005, 12:18 PM

wow :nono:
no ramping-But they have had hybrid for a while, that is not legal you know. Not to mention the "bounce" associated with the mods you can do (on/off pins, shims, up the psi, etc).
young n dumb-Im stupid but I believe even the kiddies realize there are better guns out there for cheaper.
The only hype I have ever seen in paintball is from the lower end market. You always see in bold letters:
rocking trigger, eframe, over 22 bps capable (such bs), faster built in feeding system (give round per minute bs), high gloss ano (paint), bootom line, sniper spin barrel, and various other pointless features. The higher end guns are prooven fast, reliable, and there is no need to hype them especially with pointless parts. Even the "kids" people speak of that supposedly listen to the hype rarely can afford (even their parents) high end markers. Mas are great guns but there is nothing new about them. They work, they are solid, and that is it. What is wrong with people wanting newer guns, even if this so called hype is true?

SHAG
12-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Hi,

Being the owner of probably about 10 AIR valve chassises as well as 3 R/T based chassises I can say this.

The mag is built like a tank. I have used them on and off since I have been playing. I wish I had kept my first mag cause I worked my tail off for it while still in college. They were always reliable in the field. The worst AGD product I ever owned was an E Mag. I didn't care for it since it was broken more than working.

While in the attic, getting christmas decor down, I found a box. In that box was a standard 11 inch barrel. That barrel was on my first mag which was a 68 Standard (classic 68 today) It instantly brought back memories. I had to find a mag now.

I hit Ebay and bid on a cheap minimag and won. It had an old school rail with the knock outs for a back bottle. Over this past weekend I bought an original black body R/T for almost a steal! However it needed work. My mindset when back to the first days I got into a regular thing with this sport. Now I have goodies on the way for the R/T. I need to rebuild it to find the problem with the valve train.

Mags have kept it simple over the years. They made of best videos over the years too. Who would have guessed the Minimag would revolutized compact performance on a couple of steal drums. Sandman pulling a trigger 9 times a second was pretty intense back then. When Tom introduced the R/T Valve 26 balls a secondeveryone said it was too much. Now you can get a DM5 chip and hit 40 BPS with right settings and upgraded halo that only spits out 20 BPS to begin with.

Reality is R/T technology gets the look of old while still performing at the rates of the newest and latest. People think its outdated cause it doesn't have a new model number. It must not be faster cause it's "old" tech. Yet with the minor upgrades to the bolt and on off pin now, you can make it perform at the level it was meant to be used at. Some of us see it as the fact, this was AGD's forward vision.

Later,
Alan

Recon by Fire
12-06-2005, 11:04 PM
wow :nono:
no ramping-But they have had hybrid for a while, that is not legal you know. Not to mention the "bounce" associated with the mods you can do (on/off pins, shims, up the psi, etc).
young n dumb-Im stupid but I believe even the kiddies realize there are better guns out there for cheaper.
The only hype I have ever seen in paintball is from the lower end market. What is wrong with people wanting newer guns, even if this so called hype is true?

Ramping/Hybrid - exactly! Mags have hybrid which is not legal while ramping is legal (WTF?). So the lack of legal increased-ROF software rather than hardware, limits their appeal.

Hype/advertising; plain and simple, sheeple will buy what ever is most advertised to them. Some of it is justified hype as you stated, most of it is not. New has nothing to with performance. The lack of advertising is why AGD is not more mainstream. I can go to the field today and most of the kids there shooting Timmies and such don't even know what I am holding!

phantomhitman
12-07-2005, 08:21 AM
Just to clarify, you cannot control the rof with hybrid mode or bounce on mech mags. Sometimes you will hit 10, other times 15-20 or more. That is all that is not legal. But mags have been doing this for a long time now, it is not like it was just discovered, so does that make it the original cheater gun?

I agree, it would have helped agd alot if they did advertise more but its a little to late now.

Lohman446
12-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Just to clarify, you cannot control the rof with hybrid mode or bounce on mech mags. Sometimes you will hit 10, other times 15-20 or more. That is all that is not legal. But mags have been doing this for a long time now, it is not like it was just discovered, so does that make it the original cheater gun?

I agree, it would have helped agd alot if they did advertise more but its a little to late now.

Nah, the RTs were out before that :D

AO (or a vocal minority): Hybrid rules, this is faster than anything else. Ramping sucks, ramping cheaters

/ :rolleyes:

Lohman446
12-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Hype/advertising; plain and simple, sheeple will buy what ever is most advertised to them. Some of it is justified hype as you stated, most of it is not. New has nothing to with performance. The lack of advertising is why AGD is not more mainstream. I can go to the field today and most of the kids there shooting Timmies and such don't even know what I am holding!

Yeh, when I switched from an E-mag to a Shocker to a Matrix there was no performance upgrades there :rolleyes: I'm just sheep. Oh I wish I could be as smart as you were oh almighty, arrogant, mag shooter. :rolleyes:

Beemer
12-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Just to clarify, you cannot control the rof with hybrid mode or bounce on mech mags. Sometimes you will hit 10, other times 15-20 or more. That is all that is not legal.

Just to clarify. Thats BS.

TheTramp
12-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Which part? The not being able to control it or the fact that you can't control it is the only thing illegal about it?

The average person can't precisly control it but that's not the real/only reason it's illegal. :)

GT
12-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Nah, the RTs were out before that :D

AO (or a vocal minority): Hybrid rules, this is faster than anything else. Ramping sucks, ramping cheaters

/ :rolleyes:

Keep your shorts on Lo,
Besides back in the day you could shoot however fast you want, because no loader was faster than 13bps

Originally Posted by phantomhitman
Just to clarify, you cannot control the rof with hybrid mode or bounce on mech mags. Sometimes you will hit 10, other times 15-20 or more. That is all that is not legal.

Have you ever shot a mag before?

11 Bravo
12-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Yeh, when I switched from an E-mag to a Shocker to a Matrix there was no performance upgrades there :rolleyes: I'm just sheep. Oh I wish I could be as smart as you were oh almighty, arrogant, mag shooter. :rolleyes:

Richard!!

TheTramp
12-09-2005, 12:18 AM

To be honest, I didn't notice any performance upgrades when I shot a Shocker for a day instead of my E-Mag. I chopped/broke paint more and it wasn't any faster. I did get more shots per tank so that was nice.

I've never spent a full day with a Matrix but they sure sound fast. :D

Recon by Fire
12-09-2005, 12:59 AM

You should drop that useful post number down some there...

BigEvil
12-09-2005, 09:11 AM

That is totally debatable. Im not breaking out the flame thrower, but other than better software and efficency (Which on Trixes really isnt that great) what are the "Performance upgrades"? Eyes? My Xmag has one of those. Under pure semi-auto conditions with no assistance either of my E-mags keep up with any marker that I have compared it to.

Marker choice is all a matter of preference.

phantomhitman
12-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Have you ever shot a mag before?

Just to clarify. Thats BS.

Nope, I bought a classic mag and hung it on the wall. I thought it was getting lonely so I made it a xvalved brother. I really wanted triplets so I bought a devilmag. Now I have a nice wall of guns I do not shoot. :rolleyes:

Get over it, hybrid mode/bounce is not controlable. You cannot say I can make it shoot 5 balls this pull as compared to next. You two are completely ignorant if you think these modes are %100 controlled and accurate rates of fire. I hate ramping, and I do not want to defend it. But the fact remains there is a bps rate that is controlled and shoots the exact amount everytime as compaired to placing your finger at the sweet spot of the trigger and letting it do its thing.

Beemer
12-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Nope, I bought a classic mag and hung it on the wall. I thought it was getting lonely so I made it a xvalved brother. I really wanted triplets so I bought a devilmag. Now I have a nice wall of guns I do not shoot. :rolleyes:

Get over it, hybrid mode/bounce is not controlable. You cannot say I can make it shoot 5 balls this pull as compared to next. You two are completely ignorant if you think these modes are %100 controlled and accurate rates of fire. I hate ramping, and I do not want to defend it. But the fact remains there is a bps rate that is controlled and shoots the exact amount everytime as compaired to placing your finger at the sweet spot of the trigger and letting it do its thing.

You should take your guns off the wall and shoot them. Try it you might like it.[I know lets get mikey] :cool:

I think you just called me ignorant. :nono: That wasnt very nice. Now you hurt my feelings and I might need my meds now :cry:

Do even you know how much pressure you need to cycle the mag at 26SPS? :wow:
Do you know what the Max cycle rate is at 800psi in? :shooting:

The RT is return assist not pull assist. How does ramping work?

You said sweetspot. Mine are set up Properly so this is very hard for me to try and do.

Sometimes you will hit 10, other times 15-20 or more.
This is the bs part. Even if I do get some bounce it will not magically jump to 20 or more :spit_take at OEM specs.

A PROPERLY setup EMag at normal pressure should be one shot one pull. :cheers:

Peace Out

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif

phantomhitman
12-09-2005, 12:17 PM
And you know as well as me people do not set them up properly for bounce. They set them up to get the most amount of bounce without interfering with the cycle (short stroking). I am also talking about the gun will shoot a string of balls until you release the trigger. I have seen teammates empty whle halos with the assist of bounce, so taht is around 140-160 balls. I am not saying you pull the trigger once and the gun shots 10 bps. I am refering to the sweet spot where you place yoru finger and the gun continues to shoot until you move yoru finger.
I know quite well how mags work, bounce works, hybrid works, and ramping works. I own/owned at least one of each gun that does each one.

I think you are me are talking about different aspects of bounce/hybrid beemer.

GT
12-09-2005, 04:16 PM
I know quite well how mags work, bounce works, hybrid works, and ramping works. I own/owned at least one of each gun that does each one.

I think you are talking about different aspects of bounce/hybrid beemer.

What you are talking about is sweet spoting which can be done with any, any marker. Sweet spoting is vastly different than a ramp. FYI you can also do this with REAL firearms.

Just to clarify, you cannot control the rof with hybrid mode or bounce on mech mags. Sometimes you will hit 10, other times 15-20 or more.

I would love to see a video of a stock mag, non-moded on.off pin, software, or 1100psi input, that would ramp to 15-20bps. DO you think that if this was true AGD wouln't be able to keep mags in stock? The kids love to shoot 20 bps. You can buy old RT's for 250 bucks, add lvlX and you have a machine gun.

IS there a sweet spot in Hybrid, you bet, however most people can shoot as fast if not faster without hybrid. Take your collection of all three of your mags and actually shoot them.

That is all that is not legal. But mags have been doing this for a long time now, it is not like it was just discovered, so does that make it the original cheater gun?

WTF is a "cheater" gun?

Cow hunter
12-09-2005, 04:34 PM
he means more than one shot per pull AKA "cheating"

Beemer
12-09-2005, 04:42 PM
And you know as well as me people do not set them up properly for bounce. They set them up to get the most amount of bounce without interfering with the cycle (short stroking). I am also talking about the gun will shoot a string of balls until you release the trigger. I have seen teammates empty whle halos with the assist of bounce, so taht is around 140-160 balls. I am not saying you pull the trigger once and the gun shots 10 bps. I am refering to the sweet spot where you place yoru finger and the gun continues to shoot until you move yoru finger.

I think you are me are talking about different aspects of bounce/hybrid beemer.

No we arent. I know what sweet spotting is. I still think you called me ignorant so I had to take my meds :tard:

You didnt answer my two questions so you must not know quite enough.
Screw the bounce just make it FA at 15bps.

11 Bravo
12-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Again someone started a AGD is dying thread. He said its inevitable. I say again in this thread how do any of us know? I came back to mags this year. I have since purchased or built 5 mags. I am not the only one. For every mag owner that comes on here there has to be plenty more that dont.
The only reason any of us think AGD is dying is because people keep starting threads that say AGD is dying.

Next time just email TK and ask him what AGDs finances are like.

dahoeb
12-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Again someone started a AGD is dying thread. He said its inevitable. I say again in this thread how do any of us know? I came back to mags this year. I have since purchased or built 5 mags. I am not the only one. For every mag owner that comes on here there has to be plenty more that dont.
The only reason any of us think AGD is dying is because people keep starting threads that say AGD is dying.

Next time just email TK and ask him what AGDs finances are like.

word

animal
12-09-2005, 05:28 PM
I was going to say "as long as I can still get an R/T parts kit..." but I've never replaced an o-ring in my emag valve in the 4 years I've had it and it works better now than the day I pulled it out of the box! (added a TL63 blade trigger and level 10) I still have the original agd gun oil, and didn't even crack the shrinkwrap on the vhs tape. The only thing I've replaced in 5 years was 2 or 3 screw-in tank o-rings (and I usually find those on the ground) :p

At this rate, It'll be harder to find a VCR for sale to even play the tape, than a parts kit to use with the tape. :)

m-a-r-k-7
12-09-2005, 10:47 PM
In the beginning/middle of this thread people mentioned Tom has somthing new in the works. People say this ofter, but is there any truth behind this? As long as I've been into Mags (a little under a year) people have been saying this, but haven't backed it up with any hard evidance. I realize that revolution (or what will probably end up being evolution) takes time, but all I have heard is random paople saying he has somthing in the works.

(if Tom officially said this one time and I just didn't see it I appologize for this post)

11 Bravo
12-10-2005, 10:28 AM
In the beginning/middle of this thread people mentioned Tom has somthing new in the works. People say this ofter, but is there any truth behind this? As long as I've been into Mags (a little under a year) people have been saying this, but haven't backed it up with any hard evidance. I realize that revolution (or what will probably end up being evolution) takes time, but all I have heard is random paople saying he has somthing in the works.

(if Tom officially said this one time and I just didn't see it I appologize for this post)

Yeh he did. I am not going to go look it up, but he did. And it wasnt all that long ago either.