PDA

View Full Version : Hopper and Backup Poll

buzzboy
12-02-2005, 09:46 PM
These are a few topics I need some help on. I am pretty sure on the hopper deal but I want an opinion. For backup I want a gun that will shoot good enough to compete with a few Epneus and a lot of Mechs and maybe will keep its value for a year or two.

And please rememeber to only vote for each topic once. I want some unbiased opinions. This will be a backup to my BKO and oneday backup to a nicer gun(when I get the money to buy a good gun). I play mostly outlaw speedball with a little woods in the middle. This would probably become my main woods gun. And remember no rules so I don't care about field legality(Full Auto)

SpitFire1299
12-02-2005, 10:11 PM
68 mag, halo B.

+ Level 10 :D

hobbesTZ
12-02-2005, 10:26 PM
No revvies? That's what I'd recommend for a backup. That or the reloader version. Any of those guns would make for a great backup.

punkncat
12-02-2005, 10:31 PM
I was curious about the lack of revi in the list as well. Probably one of the best loaders ever made. Especially if you can find an old one with the good shells.

Before I vote on a marker, what will you be using HPA or CO2?

buzzboy
12-03-2005, 09:47 AM
The fast hopper would be for my BKO and for the backup. I now am running HP nitro.

warbeak2099
12-03-2005, 10:50 AM
I was curious about the lack of revi in the list as well. Probably one of the best loaders ever made

Hahahahahahahahaha. Even with the old shells, the revvy certainly isn't the best hopper ever made. Numerous tests on it (not Viewloader's tests) have shown that it feeds much lower than advertised. Around 9-10bps, not 12-13bps. It's also not very consistant. Mine was just dissapointing.

wanna-b-ballin'
12-03-2005, 12:55 PM
well my revvy has been good to me for two years. not a problem out of it, and with the x-board in it, it consistently feeds 13 while testing it on my friends timmy.
it hasn't broken yet, and it also has good battery life.

peewee
12-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Egg & mini. Solid performance :D

bleachit
12-03-2005, 02:07 PM
my halo tsa is a pretty good loader.. I have used it for a while and in my opinion works great.. but I only shoot >10bps.

wouldnt recommend the tippmann factory fa, aka tippy's bastard child.

loader is unreliable at best also the ROF adjustments are kinda a pain. There is fluid in pistons that is used to adjust the rof and may or may not need to be refilled at one time or another. So unless you can get a different foregrip that allows the use of a nomal hopper (my friend has one from another tippy that was modified by the guy he bought it off of to use on the fa) and dont mind the weird rof adjustments then its it a really sweet marker to shoot... if you can get around the feed issues, I say go for the fa. but remember, its tippys bastard child, ie they wont touch it, achknowledge it, or help you with it in any way, shape or form. So if it dies, you are screwed. However, I think there are some parts that are interchangeable with older tippys.

how about a 98 custom with RT and the new A5 like feed system? only problem is it will most likely go throw a lot more air than a stock 98, and will need an expansion chamber, especially if playing in cold weather.

however, the FA totally owns the 98 in coolness factor.

ok, so if you meet the fa requirements I listed (especially loader/feed requirements) I change my mind and would recommend it, Like I said, very sweet marker, and a blast too fire.

mobsterboy
12-03-2005, 04:03 PM
lol, you can vote for everything
lol

zaqwert6
12-03-2005, 07:54 PM
In my opinion and I don't know why paintball seems to be different for some people...But....

A 'backup' is an identically setup second to your primary.

I always have 2 complete setups of anything I plan to use to compete with , this way I have a complete set of spares for each other, everything interchanges between the 2, if I need to switch I don't have to adjust to any differences and your completely familar with both inside and out.

Otherwise that'd be like racing a Chevy in Nascar and having a Ford as a backup. :D

buzzboy
12-04-2005, 10:39 AM
What it means is like a gun that I can lone out and not worry about having someone screw up and a gun that I can use when its raining out.

m-a-r-k-7
12-04-2005, 01:17 PM
put a q-loader on a warp feed.

buzzboy
12-04-2005, 01:48 PM
put a q-loader on a warp feed. :spit_take ha ha that would be awesome to see. Just about as much over kill as a halo fed, E2ed fastbacked cocker with eyes and PUMP.

buzzboy
12-04-2005, 01:49 PM
lol, you can vote for everything
lol
And you did :rofl:

The Action Figure
12-04-2005, 02:06 PM
mini/Q