PDA

View Full Version : hose efficency??

oggbeast
12-10-2001, 12:03 PM
i have seen many different types of connections for the mags and seemingly everyone swears a certain type of hose. Right now i use a microline set up and am wondering if my move to a retro valve would call for a new type of hose? Is it really just a matter of DURABILITY or is it EFFICIENCY?:confused:

headcase
12-10-2001, 12:14 PM
It isn't a matter of durability and efficency, it's a matter of durability and flow. Micro line just doesn't move enough air for a low pressure marker, or one with high air flow requirements. The RT falls into the latter catagory, if you use micro with a RT at the rates for fire it can acheive you might get drop off. Not because of the valve, but because you can't get it the air it needs. Macro and braided will flow plenty of air, I prefer braided because it is less of a problem once set up, rarely leaks, blows out, or anything else for that matter.

later
SSDD

PyRo
12-10-2001, 04:13 PM
Stainless:
Best flow of the three
Least likely to break
Lasts the longest
Some people just don't like the way it looks
You can only get it in certain leangths

Macro:
Stronger and better flow than micro
Can still break, but unlikely if you use good hose
You can make custome leanths easially
Comes in Differant Colors

Micro:
Weakest and worst flow
Easiest to break
You can make custome leanths
Very Thin
Comes in differant colors

I think I have it all covered.

reddevil367
12-10-2001, 04:19 PM
I prefer the Macro lines. I get good flow rate decent durability. And hey it comes it cool colors as well.

PyRo
12-10-2001, 04:32 PM
Yeah yeah, just copy my macro line section :)

jurassic
12-10-2001, 06:08 PM
Headcase and Pyro have stated some good info on air supply hose. Maybe this can become a mini FAQ.