PDA

View Full Version : My new body kit

RedRazor
12-10-2001, 12:11 PM
I just thought that this was the place to come to tell people about the body, body rail and, barrel I'm having made for my 68. I'm currently in a drafting class and as a project I decided to create a mechanical drawing of my mag. While I was doing this one of my friend told me about this plastic he was working with in his industrial plastics class. So I got the idea to make some clear parts for my marker. After a little time and planing I finally got some part drawn up. He took them to his teacher and they told him that they can make the parts but the need some 3D models to work from. So I drafted up the parts again in 3D this time and sent them off. Now im waiting for the first set of part to come back. I plan on posting up the renderings of the part a little later today for all you to see and once the parts come I'm going to past those pics up here too.

Smokee_2_7
12-10-2001, 12:18 PM
sounds sweet. I cant wait to see houw they turn out. who knows, If they look good enough, I might ask you about how much some would cost for me!

Puddleglum
12-10-2001, 10:34 PM
Sounds pretty neat. I'd love to see some pics. AGD will have a fit though, hehe.

RedRazor
12-10-2001, 11:28 PM
the pic are in this thread
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18795