PDA

View Full Version : >Team AO SOCAL< (Con.)

Bonx0007
12-10-2001, 12:14 PM
Well, the first practice went with Bob(toymyster) and me, Chaos showed a little late because of car trouble. We played alot and had some fun small 3v3 2v3 1v1 1(me)v2.
Some other guys were their and we mostly just jumped in and played with them. When they left we played a lot of one on one. Huge plastic nubbin problem in the morning. Broke a large amount of paint until we went back to the p's.

We are looking for more players because even if we all show up to practice we will be cuttting it close.

Signal and codes will be discussed at the next practice.

NEXT PRACTICE UPDATE: The next practice will be on sunday 12/16 at Jungle Island in Southern Corona. Bob(toymyster) has more info if you need it on that place. Field paint I believe is 45 a case. You can BYOP if it has white fill. correct me if i am wrong.

If there are any objections please post or e-mail me or Bob(toymyster).

Chaos
12-10-2001, 03:46 PM
wow that works out perfect, that just so happens to be the field me and my friend were planning on going to next weekend. I need driving instructions, also I'll be working on getting white fill paint..... Any info like what it costs for entry and such, would be appreciated. Jungle is indoor right? BTW I live in newport beach, if anyone can give me the addy or some directions that would be appreciated

Once again, I can bring spare things if you guys need them. I'll be there and I'll bring a friend, so we'll have more people.

toymyster
12-10-2001, 08:04 PM
Huge CORRECTION: The jungle is not in Pomona!!! It's in south Corona!! The indoor field we discussed is called the Impact Zone!!! They are in Pomona!! I was thinking for the convenience of our SD players, let's meet at Jungle Island!! They are off of the 15fwy at Lake st. I haven't checked, but the directions should be on the web somewhere!!! Ususaly there is one team we can skrimish against, and most of them leave in the afternoon, so we can run drills!!! Anyway, let's keep in touch!!! Bonx, if you want to meet somwhere and carpool I can drive!!! That way you don't have to drive all the way!!

Chaos
12-10-2001, 08:35 PM
Yeah i thought jungle was in SD and it was Impact the indoor place.... anyways i promised a friend I'd go to impact next weekend (the field in pomona) and try it out, since I've never been there. So i guess i'll have to sit out this weekend.... Sorry guys

FooTemps
12-10-2001, 09:16 PM
Well, this isn't really about Team AO SOCAL. I was just wonderin if we could have a Team AO Western Washington(state).

Bonx0007
12-10-2001, 09:24 PM
Yeah the carpool thing sounds good. Just give me a place that is near you and i will get there as long as there is a safe spot to park the car for a day. Sorry about that miss print. I fixed it. Just had a brain fart.Chaos will you be able to practice that day? Dirtybunny I hope you can arrange something at work so you can be there. Ok, well thank you for fixing my errors guys.

Bonx0007
12-10-2001, 09:28 PM
Umm... Foo temps do whatever you want dude. If thats your state its up to you. There should be one for every state.j/k (reminds me of a movie) Hey, have you ever seen fightclub. good movie.

FooTemps
12-10-2001, 09:32 PM
I've downloaded it but I don't get any video... only sound...

Ok, I just wanted to bring up the idea of a Team AO :insert location here:

Bonx0007
12-10-2001, 09:49 PM
you got it right on the nose.

Minimag4me
12-10-2001, 11:23 PM
guys i think i can stop by on saturday(oops i mean sunday) and meet you guys and practice(if im not intruding, im probably younger than you guys, with no tourny experience, so i dont want to mess anything up) but if you guys will have me i will try to be there

Chaos
12-11-2001, 12:03 AM
I can play that day, but I promised a few friends that I'd go to impact and try that field out, since I've never been there. Then again, how far away is Jungle from Newport Beach, anyone know? I've never been to jungle and I hear they have good tourney fields, can i get some more info on the place? thanks

Bonx0007
12-11-2001, 01:05 AM
hey i might be bringing a girl i know that likes to play. I told here about the team and she was jealous. So she might come practice with us sunday. She has a spyder shutter. She is a smart player. She is mainly there just to practice with us. I don't think she will be able to commit like me but she probably would love to get some good experience from us. If she does end up coming than I will make her drive and I will not need to carpool with you toymyster if not then I will like to do something still. I will let you know by thursday hopefully.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-11-2001, 02:16 AM
Well..i should be there..but i'm at the mercy of the Post Office right now..i've got an intelliframe and a superbolt coming from Pev's in Virginia and the rest of the pieces of my mag coming from the AGD factory so it should all be here by Friday...

clockworkmiller
12-11-2001, 02:27 AM
2 questions. I dont have my mag yet, so will my m98 suffice for the momment? And second, is there any chance in hell you can push it back a week? I would love to go, but I have a really important date that night. I think I might be able to still make it. Does this place have a website?

DiRTyBuNNy
12-11-2001, 02:30 AM
If the girl is that important to you you should just bring her along..you'll get to know if she's the one if she'll actually play paintball..if she won't, well then..i guess you'll have to just keep looking for "the one"...

Bonx0007
12-11-2001, 02:39 AM
The m98 will be fine. i was a fan of tippmann once. It's all good. The more the marrier. I might bring a team AO sign or something just so we don't all miss each other.

Jungle Island (http://www.jungle-island.com/index2.asp)

goto the above link for info on jungle island. Bob no wonder you like that place it looks pretty sweet. Well, I will e-mail them and try to see if the will let us BYOP. I hope so.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-11-2001, 02:48 AM
I went to the site..looks awesome..i'm thinking we should just camp out at the Sup'Air Ball field..hehehehe...It says paint is $75 a case...any insight on this Toy?

Bonx0007
12-11-2001, 02:56 AM
Toymyster says the best way to get a hold of him is to PM him even if he is not on because he checks the site everyday and he can sort of use PM's like e-mails. His service is still down. Poor guy. He will still get your message though just PM him.

clockworkmiller
12-11-2001, 05:29 AM
Lol. I just realised how funny this is gonna be. Im gonna be the definition of rusty. But it should be cool all the same.

clockworkmiller
12-11-2001, 08:33 AM
Here's a question. How welcome are 'cockers? Some mag owners hate 'em with a passion, others dont care. Just curious how you guys stand.

biggins
12-11-2001, 12:56 PM
I'll be down south on business and can come by andpratice with you guys if you need. Let me know

Bonx0007
12-11-2001, 03:01 PM
All are welcome any who wish to practice are welcome. You may not play every game due to the fact that we may need do do some drills that don't require that many players.
Also, cocker, mag, M98, or what ever I don't care but I must say I would like very much to back the AGD name rather than play under a companys name and not use there product. But, if that cocker or m98 is what you feel most comfortable with then go for it.

Chaos
12-11-2001, 03:40 PM
Bonx - On the home page it says bring your own paint, or you can buy it at jungle. I think I might be able to make it afterall, i wanna play sup'air, and I dont wanna miss a practice! Btw, how old is the girl, and is she taken? :)

Bunny - If need be, I can bring you a guy, make sure you talk to me first tho to make sure I can make it.

To All - If I can make it, I plan on getting there around 9, since thats what time it says they set everyone out to play. Also, I wouldn't mind playing a night practice once if they have good lighting (they claim they do). Cockers are welcome, I use cockers myself currently :) I dont mind anyone who wishes to come practice with us, the more the merrier.

As for prices, fo those that dont know, field entry is $20, air (n2) is free.

Supposedly it'll take me around 30-50min, so I think i'm going to try to make it. I'll talk to my friend, and let u guys know if I'm going or not.

Bonx - Did you get your barrel? Also, i still have that paint, $35 a case

Bonx0007
12-11-2001, 04:02 PM
Well last time we tried the paint thing I did not end up seeing you til about 12:00 and I had to buy a case of field crud for 80 bucks. That wasn't too good. And no my barrel has not come from the gentleman I traded with here on Ao. I think he jipped me. (faith in trading with others besides tunaman went straight out the window).

Chaos
12-11-2001, 04:48 PM
well i'll bring a case and some barrels (i did last time, sorry we didn't find eachother) incase u need them. if i end up going....

toymyster
12-12-2001, 06:48 PM
Everyone is welcome to come and practice with us!!! Minimag, if you have no tourney experience, it's not a problem!!! Consider this a starting place!!! As far as paint goes, defiantly bring your own!!! You can shoot whatever paint you bring, as long as it's not red fill!!! Do you want me to arrange for the Airball field??? Keep me posted!!!

Bonx0007
12-12-2001, 09:52 PM
air ball would be nice if you can.

Chaos
12-13-2001, 01:03 AM
well, i talked to my friend, and he really doesn't want to go to jungle. And unfortunately he's driving this weekend.... so it looks like i'm out this weekend, I did tell him i'd go with him to impact prior to this arrangement so I cant really back out.... Sorry everyone =o(

toymyster
12-13-2001, 02:18 PM
Just to reiterate what Bonx said, If anyone wants to practice, they are welcomed!!! I don't care if you have a Cocker, Talon, or a wrist rocket, If you want to be on the team, come on out and play!!! Just remember to be there around 7:30!! And does anyone have an easy-up they can bring???

Chaos
12-13-2001, 03:06 PM
whats an easy-up? one of those tent type of things?

joeyjoe367
12-13-2001, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
Well, this isn't really about Team AO SOCAL. I was just wonderin if we could have a Team AO Western Washington(state).

Hey, if that ever happens, count me in. I'm in Wash State too.

biggins
12-13-2001, 05:20 PM
Good god 7:30, I'll be the guy sleeping on his feet.

Bonx0007
12-13-2001, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by biggins
Good god 7:30, I'll be the guy sleeping on his feet.
LMAO. Biggins I hope you come. yeah its kinda early for me too since i have to drive almost two hours to get there but it is worth while. I had alot of fun last time. See you there.

toymyster
12-13-2001, 06:48 PM
Alright folks, it's time for a headcount for Sunday's practice!!!
Toymyster is in!!!

toymyster
12-13-2001, 06:55 PM
If we get there around 7:30, we can get all our stuff to the tourney field and we won't have to bother with morning rules and all that jazz!! They have a small netted area next to their speedball field we can take over, but we have to get there early!!!

Bonx0007
12-13-2001, 07:14 PM
Well I am In! I should be there pretty early but bob if your there first make sure you grabb that spot.

Minimag4me
12-13-2001, 07:33 PM
save a spot for me, ill probably be there around 8-9(7-30 is too early on a weekend

biggins
12-13-2001, 07:36 PM
I will be there might be a little late depending on traffic

Bonx0007
12-14-2001, 09:35 AM
Ok, look for the big white GMC Jimmy that is bobs car I will probably be parked somewhere around the wheel of his.

toymyster
12-14-2001, 01:34 PM
This is looking good!!! I'll see you guys there!!!

clockworkmiller
12-14-2001, 01:39 PM
Im definately going to be there. Just a matter of when I wake up. I'll be the one with the flatlined m98. Dont expect me to play much, Im cant play both this sunday and with my friends private party right after christmas (rec ball is my passion). I'll definately be there.

Also, I do a lot of photography work, so Im sure you guys wont mind be being there with camera in hand.

(ps. toymyster...how come i missed that you were from lake forest? my friends and i all went to woodbridge high. half of them still live in irvine =)

Bonx0007
12-14-2001, 02:47 PM
DirtyBunny will you be there???:confused: :confused: :confused:

Chaos
12-14-2001, 03:42 PM
j/c, what field is closest to you guys? I thought you said jungle to you guys in san diego, but now you say its a 2hr drive to get there, i'm confused.....

I'll be at impact, the indoor place. Its in pomona or somewhere near there....

toymyster
12-14-2001, 06:05 PM
Hey Miller; with a name like clockwork, you'd figure you'll have an alarm clock handy!!! Come on guys, let's wake up a bit early for team's sake!!! Don't you think I would love to sleep in on a Sunday morning???? Let's be there early, get some coffee for your drive, and head down to the field!!!(caffeine junkie here)
See you all there!!!

Bonx0007
12-14-2001, 09:41 PM
Can anyone who will be at the practice at Jungle Island please please bring an extra mag barrel for me? I am getting shafted in a trade and I am waiting for mine to come in the mail. If no one can bring an extra than I probably will not be able to make practice so please ANYONE if you can please bring an extra let me know by tomorrow or else I will have to miss it and that is the last thing I want to do. The worst thing for me to do right now is miss practice since we don't have too much time till the L.A. open.

Minimag4me
12-15-2001, 12:58 AM
Bonx i am bringing all three of my barrels ill probably use my 10" dye ss but you can use either my 16" AA or minimag stock barrel

clockworkmiller
12-15-2001, 05:29 AM
I'll try and drag my lazy *** out there early. Damn Im gonna be raidin starbucks in the morning. If anyone needs a ride, my truck will more than do for those in the OC area. Also, does anyone know if Jungle Island rents 4+1s? Mine hasnt arrived yet, and my custom can only run off remote.

Bonx0007
12-15-2001, 09:53 AM
I can bring an extra 4+1 for you. OOOO its desert camo cool:rolleyes: :D

Bonx0007
12-15-2001, 08:06 PM
Ok then I will see you all there bright and early.

toymyster
12-15-2001, 10:51 PM
I also have a 4+1 I'll throw in the truck!!!!

clockworkmiller
12-16-2001, 12:20 AM
thanks guys. I'll be there as early as I can wake up. See you at noon!

kidding.

clockworkmiller
12-16-2001, 01:44 AM
bad news guys. i cant make it. something came up with my dad, so im gonna be away for the next week or so. which means i probably wont make it to any other practices you have for a while, since i'll be in Az from the beginning of january to mid-may. good luck, play hard, and keep well.

Bonx0007
12-16-2001, 07:20 AM
"another one bites the dust"

DiRTyBuNNy
12-19-2001, 02:35 PM
I'm sorry for vanishing on everybody...I've been working like a madman lately (I hate retail) and there was a little miscommunication between myself and a retailer that had to get cleared up (no harm, no foul)..and so my baby below should be good to go by Christmas (I've got the Saturday, Sunday and Monday after X-mas off...but i have to drag my girlfriend up there...she flew all the way in from Germany and i'm not going to leave her at home alone..)

toymyster
12-19-2001, 03:10 PM
Hey Bunny, good to hear from you!!! Thought we lost you there for a few!!! I'm posting an update under a new thread!!! See everyone there!!!

clockworkmiller
12-21-2001, 12:58 PM
Hey, back from my wonderful cruise to Mexico. I have pictures from the first practice, but my scanner refuses to believe there's anything there, so Im working on that. I'll get them up as soon as I can.