PDA

View Full Version : Think im gettin screwed over!!!

Chris_automag_07
12-04-2005, 01:25 AM
ok so i was bidding on a classic mag the sunday before thanksgiving and i won it. then i paid on monday, got a hold of the guy and he shipped it on tuesday with three day shipping with usps......i still havent recieved the gun, and all that the tracking number brings up is something that says that they got notification of the product shippment but never actually got the package in the mail. this mag could have been to germany and back by now so i figure the 34 dollar shipping was kinda pointless(i didnt need it for a backup that weekend or anything :( ) so what i am asking is, should i report the seeler on ebay as not shipping the item or should i call and chew the buttocks region of usps customer service in order to get my mag.....got a great deal on it too :tard: i feel so crappy not having the money or the gun. any help is appreciated(help with my desicion)

SpitFire1299
12-04-2005, 01:29 AM
I say just be pattient..

Recon by Fire
12-04-2005, 02:40 AM
That sound slike the shipper registered the shipment but never had the package picked up or dropped it off for shipping. Your seller still has it.

Pacifist_Farmer
12-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Yep that kinda happened to me once, I paid for more expensive shipping (3 day) and I would have had it 3 Days later if the seller hadnt taken a week to have UPS pick it up

lopxtc
12-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Man I have had packages in my hand for a week before the USPS tracking shows any thing. Thier tracking is only useful for trying to file a claim against USPS for losing someting. Basically if you ship something without it and it never arrives, then you are SOL on that item. However if you paid for the "tracking" then they are liable for the loss.

To put it simply, USPS tracking is worthless unless the item gets lost.

Aaron

Skoad
12-04-2005, 08:39 AM
most likely he did a paypal shipping label. Usuaully when you cfheck the confirmation for those it will say something like that. Give it another few days. You have like a month or more before your time to file a dispute is up...so just give it a little more time.

warbeak2099
12-04-2005, 09:05 AM
USPS tracking is worthless. It gets updated like once a week. You'll have your gun next week sometime.

Lohman446
12-04-2005, 09:41 AM
ok so i was bidding on a classic mag the sunday before thanksgiving and i won it. then i paid on monday, got a hold of the guy and he shipped it on tuesday with three day shipping with usps......i still havent recieved the gun, and all that the tracking number brings up is something that says that they got notification of the product shippment but never actually got the package in the mail. this mag could have been to germany and back by now so i figure the 34 dollar shipping was kinda pointless(i didnt need it for a backup that weekend or anything :( ) so what i am asking is, should i report the seeler on ebay as not shipping the item or should i call and chew the buttocks region of usps customer service in order to get my mag.....got a great deal on it too :tard: i feel so crappy not having the money or the gun. any help is appreciated(help with my desicion)

As far as I know USPS does not gaurentee delivery time, even with "time selective" services. Its the holidays, shipping might take a bit longer, relax and be patient. I mean that nicely.

buzzboy
12-04-2005, 10:36 AM
You shoulda gone for UPS. Last tiime I used USPS it took them 2 weeks to get an envelope with a duckbill in it from Maine to NC. I know never to use them again for anything bigger than a letter.

VFX_Fenix
12-04-2005, 10:45 AM
With PayPal shipping tags printed for the USPS or UPS they only recieve information with a confirmation number saying that the package has basically been paid for. After that the seller may or maynot have been able to drop your package off to the PO for a number of reasons.

But here's an idea before going and jumping down anyone's throat. Ask the seller what's up and when the package was shipped, you never know there could have been some issues that cropped up (like taking a personal holiday and forgetting to drop the package off or something for THanksgiving or something equally mundain(sp?) and human). I've found that by asking sellers who've had packages that've taken a while to get to me that they have infact already shipped the package but, because of various reasons it left a few days after they print the shipping label. Other times it's spurred them to find out what exactly the hold-up is and find that the package has gone on some round about tour of the Postoffice and was hiding behind a bin (yeah, that actually did happen to me once).

Anyway, be patient, if your worried ask the seller, if the box doesn't arrive in a week or two and the seller claims to have sent it then start digging on your end with the PO's tracking system and from there work with eBay to resolve the issue. If two weeks is too long then just a week. will it really kill you to wait until Thursday or Friday to start getting overly antsy (provided the seller did claim to send the package and it has been at least 5 days since).

Creative Mayhem
12-04-2005, 11:05 AM
I say wait a little more, if nothing arrives, then do both of what you had in mind. Chew out UPS and report the seller to ebay.

Unfortunately there isn't a lot you can really do ATM.

chad326
12-04-2005, 11:35 AM
usps tracking will only track in the usa not out of the usa it is also not leagal to ship paintball supplys out side of the us.

WARPED1
12-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Contact the seller by phone if possible. Ask for the $34 shipping fee to be returned.

noodles
12-05-2005, 08:08 AM
Just email or call the seller. Ask them to confirm the shipping because you haven't received the item yet. Don't get angry with them because that won't help.
If they've sent it then your next stop is to contact UPS and see what they can tell you. Again, don't get angry because they are a lot less likely to want to help you if you try to rip them a new one down the phoneline.
If that doesn't help you at all then depending on the reasons UPS or the seller give you have a few options. You can put in a claim with squaretrade (affiliate of ebay designed to help resolve problems), put in a complaint with ebay and try to claim for your loss. Your better to try and resolve it yourself before you try them though because ebay and squaretrade will expect you to have come to them as a last resort.
Hope this helps you out :)

Lohman446
12-05-2005, 08:31 AM
usps tracking will only track in the usa not out of the usa it is also not leagal to ship paintball supplys out side of the us.

:confused: Based on?

Arstron
12-05-2005, 09:26 AM
For USPS rember there is a diffrence in a tracking number and confirmation number. Confirmation will only show that it was delivered. ;)

As for the wait, ive been waiting and fighting with a lady for over a month now over a $200 fake purse that I bought off of ebay for my sister (with her money), a dispute has been filed and escalated, so im just waiting on ebay to see if they can help me out.

I know that example wasnt very good, but here is a true story that happend to me at the begining of this year. I bought a 68/3k crossfire tank off of ebay, waited a month and never recieved it, tried contacting the sellar and couldnt get a hold of him. After 2 monts paypal came threw and refunded my money from his account. 3 months latter, 5 months after purcasing I receive the tank in a flat rate un paded envelope threw usps. The tank ended up being in a lot worse condition then pictured and described and was out of hydro, but I still got it for free. I tried contacting the sellar several times after receiving it, but never could get a hold of him. Sometimes bad ebay situations can work them selves out. ;)

11 Bravo
12-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Just be patient. I just bought an Xmag and paid for priority shipping and ins. It was supposed to get here in 3 days. It took two weeks. USPS's excuse was that its the holidays.

Chris_automag_07
12-07-2005, 09:32 PM
still havn't got it