PDA

View Full Version : custom compressor.

Jdogg
12-05-2005, 10:10 AM
i was wondering what it would take to built an nitro compressor? you see all these fancey ones that cost a lot of cash. one would assume that you would need some kind of pump and an eletric motor to turn it. as long i can get enough to fill my tank. any info / help....would be great!

Lohman446
12-05-2005, 10:11 AM
i was wondering what it would take to built an nitro compressor? you see all these fancey ones that cost a lot of cash. one would assume that you would need some kind of pump and an eletric motor to turn it. as long i can get enough to fill my tank. any info / help....would be great!

Your playing with extremely high pressure air. Unless you have some expertise that would loan itself to the safe building of such a device I would recommend staying away from it.

Muzikman
12-05-2005, 10:13 AM
There are reasons these compressors cost so much. Safty put aside, I doubt your going to be able to make much of a compressor cheaper than just buying one.

GT
12-05-2005, 02:34 PM
I thought Tuna was selling some kind of HP compressors?

ultralight
12-05-2005, 04:32 PM
go to a SCUBA instructor/tech and go from there. those are the guys who can build compressors. most paintballers aren't comfortable or familiar with that sort of equipment.

There are reasons these compressors cost so much. Safty put aside, I doubt your going to be able to make much of a compressor cheaper than just buying one.

they can be made for less money. my GF's dad owned a SCUBA shop at one time and built his own compressor. i'll find out what it cost him and post it later.

WARPED1
12-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Your playing with extremely high pressure air. Unless you have some expertise that would loan itself to the safe building of such a device I would recommend staying away from it.
Eggggggggggggggzactly!