PDA

View Full Version : Slingshot - Oh baby that could be fun

dawump
12-10-2001, 04:43 PM
Check this out:

http://www.slingshots.com/html/slingshot_paint_balls.html

I think that would be so much fun to go onto a rec game with just a sling shot and whup-butter!

Could be a cool backup instead of a heavy side arm too.

Anybody ever seen this at a field? If you could prove it can't shoot over the limit I can't see a problem.

I can just imagine the suprise of someone seeing me pop up from behind a bunker with a sling shot ;-)

Keith

CleenSweep
12-10-2001, 05:03 PM
My best bud went paintballing with just his wrist rocket slingshot and got tore to pieces. As a matter of fact it was his wife who shot him right in the spinxster (dead center) while he was trying to get away. He dry-heaved for 5 min. afterward. I've never laughed so hard in my life.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

FaSSt
12-10-2001, 05:45 PM
They can't be governed to 300 pfs, so they are not safe or allowed on any paintball field.

magic55
12-10-2001, 06:28 PM
i tried it once but really suck with slingshots so i kept hitting my fingers really really hard so i stopped

MajorDamage
12-10-2001, 10:35 PM
Ni_cD's brother used one in a game, he didn't hit anyone with it.

ENDO!

Bonx0007
12-11-2001, 03:45 AM
I would just as soon throw my paintballs at someone.

Thordic
12-11-2001, 07:52 AM
My friend was shootin balls over a chrono with his slingshot and only hit 170-200 fps...

billmi
12-11-2001, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by dawump

Could be a cool backup instead of a heavy side arm too.

I shoot a 'mag. I don't need a backup. It's reliable.

Either way though, since the slingshots can't be locked to a set velocity they're not safe for paintball.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

MAGitt
12-11-2001, 08:58 AM
seriously though...that's got to beat anything I've ever heard in my life!!!ROFLMAO...he must not have any cheeks to speak of...just his back with a hole in it!!

davej946
12-11-2001, 09:31 AM
This helps prevent your balls from breaking if you dive headfirst into the ground to avoid incoming enemy fire

How am I the 1st one to get this? :D

mitch
12-11-2001, 01:13 PM
why need a backup???
most of us have mags..... no need for a back up they are very reliable.
but in the mean time they hurt alot. and are very unaccurate.

MikeCouves
12-11-2001, 02:45 PM
Lol, I don't see a need to carry around some slingshot. If you're going up to bunker someone and you find your gun doesn't work, you aren't going to rip out this super duper sling shot and shoot 50 paintballs at your guy behind the bunker.

Even in the woods it's just a little unaccurate and crappy!! So I think it's kind of stupid/

Rrok
12-11-2001, 05:23 PM
Before our parents let us get paintball markers "because they were too dangerous." my friends and I played almost everyday in the summer with our slingshots. We got to be so good at aiming, we could hit the inside of a cool whip jar nailed to a board from 40-50 yds away. Just this past summer I decided to bring back that my trusty old slingshots to play with again. After a bit of practice (I was lets say "a bit" rusty.) I was able to rekindle my old aim and had enough confidence to use one for a game or two with my friends (Each of which has a gun.). I have about 4 (working) slingshots (4 different types of bands as well.) and only one could be shot under the field limit (I'm glad we have one.) 285fps. When I chronoed one of them it surpassed the 350 mark! Although in the first game I was annihilated, the second game using my trusty old slingshot I managed to shoot out one person off of the whistle and bunker another! Boy, was I proud of myself!

Rrok

P.S.

Not only are slingshots fun to use. But they have tought me a lot about accuracy. As I can shoot about .75 shots a second, each shot I take must count. I sure am glad I used slingshots before I obtained a marker. Not only did they improve my game, but they saved me a few dollars in paint as well! I would reccomend the use of a slingshot for a day of play at your local field (if you are up to it) to anyone. You would be surprised at how it may improve your game.

P.S.S

Slingshots are not permitted by many paintball organizations (Which I believe has been previously mentioned.) as they cant maintain a stable velocity for safe play. If you plan to bring one to an APL field be sure you check with the owner or a referee to make sure its use is permitted. And when playing at a private field with your friends, make sure you make them aware of the unstable velocity of the slingshot before taking it into play.

pumpamatic
12-11-2001, 07:27 PM
One of my crazy friends played a game with us with just a slingshot, mask, and and length of rope, I don't know why. This kid belongs in an asylum.

dawump
12-12-2001, 04:05 PM
Thanks for your post Rrok, we are on the same page I think.

I believe that going out and using a slingshot is a good way to learn fieldcraft - same way that people say it's great to learn with a pump, but even more so.

If I went out with a slingshot I wouldn't try to play the same game.. it would be much more about movement and stealth to get into a position where I am at a range where a single shot from a slingshot will make a difference.

I'm suprised by the number of people who think it is stupid. I am always trying to improve my game, and for me that doesn't mean finding ways to shoot more paint - it means getting into positions where a single shot is all that is needed.

In my mind using a slingshot, or a pump, or a side arm and still playing a good game is a sign greatness at fieldcraft, which I think too often replaced by ROF in rec games.

Keith