PDA

View Full Version : X VS Retro

gkeffer
12-08-2005, 12:52 PM
I've recently bought a use 68 classic auto mag and I'm looking for a good upgrade. I have the LVL 10 but I'm still lookin for something more. What is the difference between the X valve and the Retro Valve? Witch would be a better buy for switching from speed ball to scenario play?

Skoad
12-08-2005, 12:56 PM
x comes with level 10 and is made mostly of aluminum so it weighs less
retro comes with normal bolt and is stainless steel so it weighs more

pachytriton
12-08-2005, 01:07 PM
ult is only compatible with x valve unless the retro is drilled by a proffessional. With scenario play I think rt bounce is legal so an adjustable tank with the output turned up a lot with either and a stock rt on off will shoot real fast.

Chronobreak
12-08-2005, 02:09 PM
welcome to AO.

all the rt valves are legal as long as they dont sweetspot or runaway

i would save for an x-valve, youl notice the most overall improvement with that.

however if you have the classic rt then the x-valve will NOT fit

chairman_mao
12-08-2005, 03:52 PM
I disagree with you Chrono I have been much happier with my ReTro than I was with my X. It is a bit of personal preference but I notice more jump in the ReTro. I had put a ULT in my X when I had it and that was a very nice shooting marker that had a light and very friendly trigger. However without the ULT I was not happy with my X. I built a "new" marker around the ReTro and I love it.

Price may also be an issue for you you can find a ReTro for under $150 easily and (haven't checked lately) an X will run you in the $200+ range. I also suggest getting a .40 on/off pin with the ReTro. Tuna hooked me up at the last AONE and it made a noticable difference. I guess my point it you'll prbably be very happy either way.

punkncat
12-08-2005, 09:53 PM
1) weight

2) A classic valve with a palmers stab and CO2 would be better for scenario play.You will be able to roam all day shooting fools and never need a refill.