PDA

View Full Version : Pnuematic hose and microline

Skoad
12-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Anyone know what the operating pressure (highest that it won't burst) for these two types of hosing?

Gots a project brewing and I'll need some hosing that is more flexible and much smaller than macroline. Its either one of these or I'll have to find someone who can do hardline...

slade
12-08-2005, 07:54 PM
it depends on the exact hose you use. its most likely rated to ~100 PSI, but wont burst until higher than that. it may pop off of barbs before that though.

get a clippard magazine or go to their site, and look at the hosing they have. it should have a rating.

Chronobreak
12-08-2005, 09:15 PM
200~ psi

atleast for the stuff i have and other printed on line that i have seen

100 would be fairly low since that is whats going thru them if im not mistaken .. :cool:

slade
12-08-2005, 09:28 PM
200~ psi

atleast for the stuff i have and other printed on line that i have seen

100 would be fairly low since that is whats going thru them if im not mistaken .. :cool:
even some of the best macro you can find, parker macro, is rated to 500 PSI working pressure. (3000 burst though) i regularly run 800 through it. most macro has an even lower working pressure. From what i can remember the cocker LPR hosing (urethane) from clippard is rated to 100 PSI working pressure.

Shives
12-09-2005, 12:21 AM
Cocker LPR hoses are taking much lower pressure than what might be running from your tank (even reged or low pressure) to your gun. The Rock, or whatever inferior reg you are using, sees to that. Doesn't take that many PSI to cycle the bolt for you.

Shives