PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a Classic Mag?

jaredborne
12-08-2005, 04:41 PM
I recently bought a System X NME from a guy in Tennesee. He owns a store and I asked him about Automags. He said he has 2 NIB @ $110 shipped each. I think it is a good deal. What do you guys think? The only problem is that I don't want to drop 100 more into it just to get it shooting decent. I know it doesnt come with a steel hose or macro and none of that.

I have a friend that will buy my spyder with boomstick for $100 so it would almost be a tradeoff but the upgrades might cost a lil :P

I dunno.. I am stuck in a situation.

Cow hunter
12-08-2005, 04:44 PM
ask this guy the specs of the gun........ also ask him if its got lvl 10.... if it does then you probably have a good buy..... i dont really know if its worth it with it without a lvl 10

jaredborne
12-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Its new in box... so I doubt it has lvl10

It wouldn't really need lvl10 as I won't be firing very fast. I know it is a great thing to have and shooting slow won't stop chops.. but it isnt a must

I am just debating whether I should spend the money to make a nice woodsball gun :)

evildead420
12-08-2005, 05:56 PM
great deal for new in box. i would get it. :headbang: too bad i got to many :rolleyes:

jaredborne
12-08-2005, 06:15 PM
I just found out it is a classic pro... so I am definately leaning towards it now. I wouldnt have to do anything to get it started. Only thing I may do is put some macroline so the steel line doesnt show so much in the woooods :clap:

ramennoodles
12-08-2005, 08:49 PM
hm....you say 2???

(I think LVL10's are overrated, I hardly ever chop. At elast ona classic valve that is.)

SpitFire1299
12-08-2005, 08:53 PM
hm....you say 2???

(I think LVL10's are overrated, I hardly ever chop. At elast ona classic valve that is.)
I dont chop with my level 10, either. ;)

Kwaidd
12-08-2005, 09:08 PM
if i was in the market and looking....id buy it.

sounds like decent buy

Skoad
12-08-2005, 09:31 PM
what is a 'classic pro'? You talking about the old style rtpro's?

jared, check your pm's

jaredborne
12-08-2005, 09:31 PM
I will. I will let you guys know after I pay for mine lol. I don't want anyone taking the black one :)

He has a black and chrome.

My friend plans on buying my TL+ with boomstick, stock barrel and co2 for $100
I think I am giving it at a decent price but I am prob screwing him. If I didn't have a boomstick at all I would sell it for like 40 prob :) The gun is in great condition tho.
When he pays me, I am going to send the money

Severe
12-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Please PM me the information on that seller if he has 2 NIB Pro Classics, I would like to pick the other one up.

Thanks! :cheers:

warbeak2099
12-09-2005, 11:03 AM
If it's a Classic Pro, go for it! They're selling for $220 from AGD. Snag that sucker.

PumpPlayer
12-09-2005, 02:28 PM
You *may* be disappointed here. If it's NOS, you're probably looking at a grey powdercoat direct-feed body (not warpfeed) with NO ASA, NO barrel and the carbon fiber frame.

You will get:
carbon fiber frame with plastic side panels
classic valve in stainless w/ level 7 bolt
black aluminum rail
grey powdercoat direct-feed body

And that's probably it. You will need a twist-lock barrel, ASA, gas line and air source/hopper in order to use the marker. Now, if that's what you want, then $110 is a great price.

However, if you're looking at upgrading it -new body, new grip, etc- you might as well buy what you want the first time around and not spend $110 on parts that you'll never use.

It all depends what you want. If this is it, then you've a great price. When I bought my first 'mag (same thing) it was over double that price. Good luck.

GT
12-09-2005, 04:27 PM
100 bones is a decent price for a stripper mag used, great price for new. Industrictible. You have an email for this guy?

jaredborne
12-09-2005, 10:10 PM
http://www.bayoulan.com/bornestar/automag1.jpg

http://www.bayoulan.com/bornestar/automag2.jpg

I am getting the black one as soon as I see him online. I will disclose his name after I pay for it so no one snatches it :) No offense to anyone