PDA

View Full Version : New to the Automags

SoloMag
12-10-2001, 05:29 PM
I was wondering if it is normal for the gun to leak air when u pull the trigger slowly.Also I have heard bad things about running Co2 in the Mags like the gun freezes and stuff. Anyway what is the best way to run Co2 since I am not even thinking about running Nitrogen.For example will a expansion chamber be enough to keep liqued out of the gun or do i need more than that.
P.S. I know not to shoot the gun sideways and down at the ground.
Thx for the help

TefMag68
12-10-2001, 05:44 PM
Yes co2 is not very good in the mag, but the best thing to do is get an expansion chamber it will help keep the gun from going liquid. Also (before I got compressed air) I used to run remote and have the bottle vertical in my pack. That also seemed to help alot. I bet if you use both an expansion chamber and a remote you'll have no trouble.

oggbeast
12-11-2001, 12:10 AM
when i used to run CO2 out of my mag, i was clearly for warned about not getting liquid into the valve or it will just start to puke all over itself. so i set uo my gun with an ACI subzero expansion chamber and i never had a problem. I think it is pointless to use an expansion chamber and a remote when if u get the right kind of chamber, u will have no more problems. the 4 or 6 part subzero will both work fine.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-11-2001, 12:31 AM
it also depends on where you play. ilive in ny and way back when, i first got my mag, i ran co2 with a 6 stage aci and it still froze up. if you play in california when even the coldest weather is still fairly warm , you shouldn't have to many problems. but if you play in really cold climates, you should consider the remote/exchamber combo. but really thought you can get a decent preset for 100 bucks new. it'll be small, but it'll solve all of your problems.

PyRo
12-11-2001, 03:39 PM
Try the next size smaller spacer, and check the pt o-ring.

SoloMag
12-11-2001, 04:03 PM
I checked the power tube o-ring and i belive it was bad so i threw it out and my local dealer is trying to get some power tube orings in. so until then i am on a break.

HoppysMag
12-12-2001, 04:20 PM
i still ocasionaly run my mag off co2 like in a pinch. Definatly get a remote cord or exspansion chamber. and also i find it to help if you go easy on the trigger. dont shoot a lot. and keep the bottle warm i cant stress that enough.:D :D

toymyster
12-12-2001, 07:40 PM
Solo, what do you have against HPA??? By the time you get all the stuff you need to keep liquid out of your mag (Expansion chamber, stabilizer, remote...) You would have spent more money than the cost of a decent air tank!!! Sooner or later, you have got to grow out of CO2!!

Butterfingers
12-13-2001, 01:43 AM
Ask youre dealer to find you a smaller powertube spacer stock is .220 try finding a .215 if yours is stock.

Butterfingers
12-13-2001, 01:49 AM
Heres a few tricks.

1) Get an antisyphon c02 tank or run a remote.
2) If you have the money get a palmers stabalizer sideline reg. If not get an ACI 6 stage expansion chamber.

Honestly, unless HPA/Nitrogen were unavailable. I would go for nitrogen, the cost of these upgrades are probably more expsensive than getting youreself a cheap screw in nitrogen tank.

SoloMag
12-13-2001, 08:25 PM
The reason why I dont want to use nitro is because We have just recently got a 50 pound tank and a fill station. I am not only new to automags but also to paintball. I started about three months ago with a model 98 custom. I then wanted a gun that was smaller and quicker to strip so i got a rebel which i turned in for a rebel LE and the turned that in for the mag. Now my quest is do you think that since I am not planning on running Nitro any time soon that i should return my mag and get a different gun? I really would like honest answers. Thx

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-13-2001, 10:01 PM
a rebel. and now he's getting rid of the mag. i dont' know man.

crd945
12-13-2001, 10:07 PM
Keep the mag, get an expansion chamber and you'll be ready to go

AGD
12-13-2001, 10:47 PM
Hi Solo,

Welcome to AO! The gun leaking slightly when you pull the trigger slowly is perfectly normal I wouldn't worry about it. It can be fixed with a different length spacer as mentioned but it's not something I would bother with. The Mag works fine with co2 you just have to be careful about freezing it up. If you only shoot 3-500 rounds a game in decent weather you shouldn't have a problem. Try and keep liquid out of the valve with an anti-siphon tank or expansion chamber.

AGD

SoloMag
12-14-2001, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the help I just got my powertube orings and the gun is working great. I appreciate all of the help thx.

[NA]WARLORD
12-17-2001, 03:51 PM
Hey solo, contact Smart Parts, they sell antisyphon bottles in an array of sizes. They used to sell a remote with aa expansion chamber already on it, it was called a smart remote, though with the intro of HPA, they are kind of obsolete now but maybe just what you are looking for. Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!