PDA

View Full Version : Building an X-mag

Kyle.Kimber
12-09-2005, 02:15 AM
I was wondering if you could buy NOS (NEW OLD STOCK) parts from AGD directly and put together your own X-mag. And if it would be cheaper or more expensive.

Tell me if you've already done this. Pictures are GOOD.

Resurection
12-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Try talking to Tunaman or some of the other folks who have stock.

Tuna can be reached from his website: www.tunamart.com (http://www.tunamart.com)

Arstron
12-09-2005, 09:12 AM
The xmag body will be the hardest part to find, I am know you can buy everything else sepratly. Your best/cheapest way would be to buy a used set of emag lowers and send them off to tuna to be uled, get a new xvalve (your choice of color) from tuna tunned by him, and then get a karta body and rail, and then have the body/rail/emag lowers all re anodized to the color you want so it all looks new. :)

11 Bravo
12-09-2005, 01:16 PM
It would be very hard to find the Xmag body. Inside an Xmag is an Emag with eyes. Your best bet would be to build or buy an Emag and put eyes on it. If you wanted looks also, I think the Dallara body probably comes closest to the Xmag body.

Recon by Fire
12-09-2005, 09:47 PM
I think the cheapest and easiest route would to just buy a used X-Mag.

psychowarden
12-09-2005, 09:57 PM
And in most occasions, us X-Mag owners wouldnt let them for for anything.

Kyle.Kimber
12-09-2005, 11:11 PM
And in most occasions, us X-Mag owners wouldnt let them for for anything.
For some reason, X-mag owners always come off a little condescending. :p

psychowarden
12-09-2005, 11:39 PM
For some reason, X-mag owners always come off a little condescending. :p

Us? Conescending? Never ;)

What can I say, I love my gun. I was offered a Dye DMC for it, and I declined. He also offered to throw in a couple hundred bucks and I still declined. There is no better gun than an X-Mag in my oppinion.

Recon by Fire
12-10-2005, 01:58 AM
When you do go to sell one, it does not seem like anyone is interested in them. I know they don't have the latest tricks and bells on them, but they are nice markers none the less and very much under appreciated. Good luck on getting yours, like I said a used one would be the cheapest and easiest route. But a custom built X-mag would be prettty snazzy!

11 Bravo
12-10-2005, 10:11 AM
[QUOTE=Recon by Fire]When you do go to sell one, it does not seem like anyone is interested in them. QUOTE]

That was your experience, but I have seen plenty of interest for other xmags that went up for sale. I would think that it depends on the individual Xmag.

Phantom_Mag
12-10-2005, 11:19 AM
It would be very hard to find the Xmag body. Inside an Xmag is an Emag with eyes. Your best bet would be to build or buy an Emag and put eyes on it. If you wanted looks also, I think the Dallara body probably comes closest to the Xmag body.
Dallara body looks rather bad on anyother rail, unless you have experience with milling, a dallara body on an emag body will not look very nice...Maybe you meant karta?

Arstron
12-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Dallara body looks rather bad on anyother rail, unless you have experience with milling, a dallara body on an emag body will not look very nice...Maybe you meant karta?

the reason phantom says this is becuse the dallara rail uses a classic sear instead of the rt style sear that a emag needs. a karta body and rail would look good on it though

11 Bravo
12-10-2005, 02:42 PM

No I didnt put that much thought into it. I was just trying to think of what would be the closest match to the Xmag body. I didnt even think about the rails. I think the Dollara body would resemble the Xmag body more (rails I dont know). Of course I know along with everyone else that the Karta is the best looking body of any marker out there. :D

Karta = Mag sex.

Kyle.Kimber
12-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Us? Conescending? Never ;)

What can I say, I love my gun. I was offered a Dye DMC for it, and I declined. He also offered to throw in a couple hundred bucks and I still declined. There is no better gun than an X-Mag in my oppinion.
Still condescending, well guess what, I was offered a brand new 06 proto for my original rt and I didn't take it. HAHAHAHA :p :)

psychowarden
12-11-2005, 08:18 PM
See, alot of people like mags, they just dont want to buy them...Doesnt make much sense does it.

Kyle.Kimber
12-16-2005, 11:03 PM
See, alot of people like mags, they just dont want to buy them...Doesnt make much sense does it.
You can only love things so much. And everyone can't afford everything.

Troen
12-16-2005, 11:50 PM
There is no better gun than an X-Mag in my oppinion.
sfl :wow: