PDA

View Full Version : xvalve bumper issues

grominou69
12-09-2005, 11:24 AM
hi everybody
i switched two years ago my old classic valves to xvalves ...
i recently found that the bolt bumpers (clear ones) were almost completely destroyed ... the one on my rt/ule i don't know how old he is but the one on my brand new emag have no more than 10k shot on it (including dry fire)
is it normal to have the bumper destroyed after just 10k shots ?? i mean on my older classic valved mags i don't remind to ever have changed one blue bumper ... are the clear ones have to be changed more often ??
and i also have a ton of blue bumpers here .... what if i put a blue one on my xvalve ??
if someone can explain me exactly what will happen if i put a blue bumper on an xvalve ... would be apreciated ... cause since i don't have any classic here i have tons of classic parts i don't need anymore ... except for the orings that fits on my xvalve ... :cry:

11 Bravo
12-09-2005, 01:12 PM
You should be fine using the blue bumper. You may notice a little more kick though.

Geoff Call
12-09-2005, 02:34 PM
You should be fine using the blue bumper. You may notice a little more kick though.

Agreed. The softer clear bumper reduces the kick a little more at the expense of destroying themselves and sometimes making a small mess inside your body/rail/triggerframe. Clear bumpers aren't that expensive though:)

rb211
12-09-2005, 06:15 PM
The clear ones were also designed to reduce stress on the X valve when the bolt returns and is locked by the sear. If you use the blue ones, I would only use one as a temporary thing. As stated above, the clear ones are pretty cheap. You can also prolong their life by gluing the bumper to the valve with some super glue.

grominou69
12-10-2005, 03:08 PM
The clear ones were also designed to reduce stress on the X valve when the bolt returns and is locked by the sear. If you use the blue ones, I would only use one as a temporary thing. As stated above, the clear ones are pretty cheap. You can also prolong their life by gluing the bumper to the valve with some super glue.

i know they're made to dampen better but i posted the question to know if someone ever had a damage issue from using blue bumpers on an xvalve ...
because if it's just a kick issue , then it's not a problem for me but if it can break sumtin in the valve now that's a problem ...
and i also wanted to know all of you , xvalve users , how often you change the clear bumper ??
at how many cases/rounds ?

11 Bravo
12-10-2005, 03:42 PM
I dont know how many rounds Ive shot since I started gluing the bumper to the valve, but its well into the thousands. I have not had to change it yet.