PDA

View Full Version : What is the X and Retro Valve

gkeffer
12-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Ok, I did ask what would be the better buy for my type of play, but I think a better question would have been, what are they. I have read the description that Auto Mag puts out but it talks about bouncing your finger out. Doses it bounce out like the RT on a Tippmann? What are the advantages of them over the 68 Classic valve, besides lighter?

:dance:

ej_y4
12-09-2005, 01:57 PM
the rt-pro valve and X valve are the same thing. the X valve is just lighter.

the X valve is has a higher recharge rate (faster) then the Classic vlave. You can also get them to bounce with a higher input pressure. Basically you could get the trigger to bounch when "sweet spotting" it.

the Rt valves are a great upgrade unless you plan on ever using CO2. CO2 for the most part is a big no-no. hope this helps some what.

edit: Welcome to AO

peewee
12-09-2005, 02:15 PM
in responce to the question about bounce , bottom line yes very similar. You are able to get decent bounce with about 850 psi input. Get up around 900 & it gets easy. The orininal RT valve is very bouncy.

PumpPlayer
12-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Without getting too far into detail, the action of recharging the valve produces more force outward on the trigger than it took to pull the trigger in the first place. Thus, it is "reactive". The Tippmann RTs simply imitate that effect and have nothing to do with recharge rates or the valve.

The x-valve is the same as any other retro valve (E-, X-, RTPro & the original RT are all the same) with the exception that, being made of aluminum instead of stainless, it is significantly lighter. Without a question, they are "better". Are you trying to determine which to purchase? What's your budget? What kind of performance are you expecting? Does 'performance' to you mean only rate-of-fire or is there more involved?

Asking the board to re-hash all the features of the valves (especially when all that information is easily available) is asking a little too much.

buzzboy
12-09-2005, 03:42 PM
x valve comes with Lvl ten and when the retro was around it had stock lvl seven.