PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Duck Owners!!! Please respond.

JACK
12-10-2001, 06:07 PM
Any of u guys ever sent your tanks in to be repaired? I have a leak and was wondering how much it would cost to fix it and how soon i will get it back. Will it be a pain in the neck to deal with? Thanx!

mag59459
12-10-2001, 06:27 PM
I know someone is going to yell at me for this one but here goes anyway. When ever I have a leaky tank I fix it myself, alls you have to do is heat it up a little and the valve unscrews. When you put it back together use a whole lot of lock tight to keep it from leaking and after you get it filled the first time put it under water to make sure there are no bubbles coming up. It takes a little work to get the vavle off but its easier and cheaper than going to the pro shop. Its only unsafe if your stupid in doing it, and I recomend you do a little research about it if you don't know what your doing.

Stewylouie
12-10-2001, 06:29 PM
I recently sent my 68ci steel tank for service. The pin valve on the reg. began to leak and the brass portion of the reg began loosen up from the green collar portion.

It was less than a year old and covered under warranty (no-charge). I was advised that they validate the warranty by checking the serial number, but a receipt couldn't hurt.

Service was great and quick, it took a little over a week and a half, but then again, it was Thanksgiving week.

If you have any questions, Kip is their service person, he was very helpful.

JACK
12-10-2001, 07:15 PM
Thanx but who did u send the postage to and how do u tell them wat is wrong?

mag59459
12-10-2001, 07:18 PM
bring it to your local proshop, they can ussually quickly fix it for under 10 bucks. 30 cents if its just the burst disk.

Stewylouie
12-10-2001, 08:25 PM
I called ahead and spoke to Kip. NitroDuck's address and phone number are on the website.

As to postage, you pay your own way to ship it to them, they ship it back UPS for free.

I wrote a quick letter and drew diagram to explain the problem. If your problem is complicated, call ahead and ask them how to describe it. My guess though is no matter what the problem, they do a full overhaul of the reg - they did in my case, the reg was totally rebuilt, not just the problem spots.

pito189
12-10-2001, 08:45 PM
I talked to Kip also. He worked on my tank himself. He said there would be no charge. I'm expecting it back this week. There number is (636)296-0964.