PDA

View Full Version : internet ungodly slow ugh!

FreakBaller12
12-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Okay I have verizon dsl
It's been going slow beyond belief, slower than 56k
I havea linksys router. I can barely load AO in under 30 seconds.
I scanned with norton and ad aware. If I turn off my dsl box and my router for a few minutes and turn it back on, it's at it's regular speed, but about 30 seconds later it will slow back down again. Any ideas AO?

bam wannabe
12-11-2005, 06:23 PM
thats why im glad i have cable internet :D

seriously though, you could have some random spyware and an undetectable virus in your computer. or just do a disk cleanup and defrag your computer. or the company that you get your dsl from could be having problems lately.

etjoyride
12-11-2005, 07:15 PM
I have charter cable and it is working about the speed of 56k, sometimes it doesn't work at all for up to 2-3 min. at a time. It drives me crazy

rkjunior303
12-11-2005, 07:19 PM
wireless?

make sure no one is stealing your connection.

WenULiVeUdiE
12-11-2005, 07:43 PM
This may sound alittle odd and I'm not 100% sure it is actually true, but weather may effect it. Sometimes during horrible weather my internet goes to crap. It's also possible Verizon is having problems that could either be snow related or just problems in general.

FreakBaller12
12-11-2005, 07:55 PM
This may sound alittle odd and I'm not 100% sure it is actually true, but weather may effect it. Sometimes during horrible weather my internet goes to crap. It's also possible Verizon is having problems that could either be snow related or just problems in general.
I would agree with you because that has happened to me before, except the fact that it goes fast for awhile then slows back down. It appears my router and modem are overheating. Anything I can do to fix this issue?

eric_503
12-11-2005, 08:23 PM
mines been the same all day to cause cogeco sucks they also zapped my digital cable box (which was all unlocked and free ;) )

the internet is probably slow for me because we have it routed threw 3 computers then the xbox for online

Cow hunter
12-11-2005, 09:51 PM
i know what the problem is!!! you're still using a form of dial up!!!!!!
but seriousl my internet got fried a couple days ago..... some surge thing they said....... called the cable company and got it fixed..... do you have any wireless devices? my xbox wireless adapter makes even my cable UBER SLOW

eric_503
12-11-2005, 09:57 PM
if that was towards me no i dont use dial up and no i dont use a wireless xbox router i just run a big internet cord from the wireless router we have to the xbox im off to play forza if anyone has it lmk (i use xlink-kai)

master_alexander
12-11-2005, 10:04 PM
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kb/en/document?dn=1090493&l=en&langid=1&c=us&cs=19&s=dhs

hope that helps