PDA

View Full Version : e-mag chops

mag59459
12-10-2001, 06:37 PM
I was wondering what kind of ball breakage you get with an e-mag. I've heard all sorts of things and am looking for quotes from people that use the e-mag on how many ball they normally chop. Please include gun type and bolt.

Miscue
12-10-2001, 07:21 PM
Look ma! No chops!

http://www.odysseypaintball.com/images/HALOEmag317e.mpg

When operated properly, mags do no chop paint more than other guns... and it's a feed issue that's the problem, not the gun.

toymyster
12-10-2001, 07:54 PM
With my Xboard Revvy and Warp feed, I have not chopped a single ball yet!!! (proud e-mag owner since july)

mag59459
12-10-2001, 08:16 PM
wow thats impressive, how do you like the 10" freak? The 14 is a little to long and I was looking at a new tip.

FaSSt
12-10-2001, 10:07 PM
No chops (other than stuff like me forgetting to turn Revy on, etc.) in about 5 cases. This is with my E-Mag and the stock barrel. I also had a 14" Boomie and 12" SP Progressive barrel on it for a while, but those were not the proper vertical feed ones, so I sold them.

I'm not exaggerating.

I don't shoot brittle tournament paint, but I am beginning to think that there are a lot of people out there who are either:
1. unlucky
2. dumb
3. or exaggerating a LOT

But then again, I did not have many chops w/my old Retro Mag either, so maybe I am just lucky in this respect?

mag59459
12-10-2001, 10:10 PM
maybe lucky, I didn't have many chops w/ my retro valve either except for when i short stroked it. I think people really don't break that many balls w/ the electronics.

udtseal
12-10-2001, 10:15 PM
Ok, dont use me as an example, but, after curing my warp feed issues and figuring out the right paint to barrel match (i need a freak of CP barrel kit) I DO NOT CHOP AT ALL!!! I have recently found out that Team Colors Miami works PERFECTLY with stock barrel, and on saturday after switching from polar ice to the miami, i dident chop a single ball!!!! EXCELLENT GUN!!!

Phil
12-11-2001, 01:48 AM
I have a power feed body E-Mag with a 12v revvy and the Freak 14". I bought it the early part of last summer and play every sunday shooting about 2/3rds of a case of paint. I have never chopped a ball. I get 0-2 breaks a week. I shoot medium grade paint. I shoot my E-Mag in E mode exclusively.

Phil