PDA

View Full Version : just wonderin what u think

Iusuallyneedhelp...
12-11-2005, 06:27 PM
i was thinking about buying a smart parts nerve does anyone think there good i was reading about it. it got rebounce witch prob means no bounce and ramping.

so yea just tell me if anyone thinks the smart parts nerve is a good gun or not ok thank.

slade
12-11-2005, 06:54 PM
what price are you getting it for? personally i wouldnt get a nerve unless it was a great price.

oh, and rebound IS ramping. they just didnt want to say "ramping".

WARPED1
12-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Nerves are great. But don't come to an automags forum and ask about an SP gun. Most of these AO guys will tell you it sucks even though it's great because they still hold a grudge about the SP patent debacle(let it go guys, it's over, SP was stupid and they lost).

Iusuallyneedhelp...
12-11-2005, 07:06 PM
what price are you getting it for? personally i wouldnt get a nerve unless it was a great price.

oh, and rebound IS ramping. they just didnt want to say "ramping".

its alittle more then 799$

Iusuallyneedhelp...
12-11-2005, 07:08 PM
o yea i no that rebound is ramping i didnt mean to put rebounce i ment debounce lol my bad

quik
12-11-2005, 07:49 PM
its alittle more then 799$

You could just buy a Impulse for 200$ and have the same thing!

slade
12-11-2005, 07:53 PM
yeah, thats too much, especially since you could get a dm4 for ~500.

Baby Huey
12-11-2005, 08:01 PM
If your looking for SP information go to www.shockerowners.com , there is a nerve section there. If you are going to buy a nerve look at www.punisherspb.com They are great w/ SP stuff. But if I was looking to get into a high end gun I would get a shocker (I have 2). They work great and are very reliable. I have been looking at the nerve the last week. I tried to justify selling one of my shockers to buy one but I could just not do it. There is a great red nerve for sale on the site above in the buy/sell/trade section. Good luck, Merry Christmas, and God Bless.

Baby Huey
12-11-2005, 08:02 PM
http://www.shockerowners.com/showthread.php?t=18392

There you go for the used nerve.

http://www.smartpartsowners.com/forums.php thats the site that has a nerve section.

The shocker owners one is full of great info too.

minimag03
12-11-2005, 08:18 PM
If you want to go with an Smart Parts marker, I'd suggest the Shocker over the Nerve. They are lighter, have less kick, and are just as fast.

Troen
12-11-2005, 08:26 PM
but shockers are less air efficiant and have a slower board

minimag03
12-11-2005, 08:28 PM

It's weird how Shockers come with a board called a NERVE board. I wonder how they got that name.

Baby Huey
12-11-2005, 08:33 PM

Thats ok if you did not know that. My '03 I bought 1 1/2 years ago came with the stock board (no ramping, no flipped switch, very boring) but my Ton Ton Shocker I got this summer came with the nerve board stock (although I sold that for $60 and bought a predator board). The whole "air efficient" thing is way overblown. I ran my ton ton with a NDZ bolt kit in it (about $70) and got a hopper (reloader B) and 6 dye lock lids off a 4200psi fill at d-day.

68magOwner
12-11-2005, 09:48 PM
you can pick up a used nerve for $450 or less fairly easily. And from what i hear, theyre not bad at all, i have actually ony ever seen one in use, the owner seemed happy with it.

GT
12-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Nerves are great. But don't come to an automags forum and ask about an SP gun. Most of these AO guys will tell you it sucks even though it's great because they still hold a grudge about the SP patent debacle(let it go guys, it's over, SP was stupid and they lost).

I dont see anyone in this thread spewing the hate, with exception to you.

you can pick up a used nerve for $450 or less fairly easily. And from what i hear, theyre not bad at all, i have actually ony ever seen one in use, the owner seemed happy with it.

I wonder how much longer SP is going to sell nerves. Only concern I would have is the lack of locals to fix it if there is a problem and the availibilty of parts in the future.

Troen
12-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Thats ok if you did not know that. My '03 I bought 1 1/2 years ago came with the stock board (no ramping, no flipped switch, very boring) but my Ton Ton Shocker I got this summer came with the nerve board stock (although I sold that for $60 and bought a predator board). The whole "air efficient" thing is way overblown. I ran my ton ton with a NDZ bolt kit in it (about $70) and got a hopper (reloader B) and 6 dye lock lids off a 4200psi fill at d-day.
im just pointing out the only +s iv read on the nerve forums on pbnation. i personally prefer shockers more, but an impulse is best bang for the buck

Baby Huey
12-11-2005, 10:21 PM
im just pointing out the only +s iv read on the nerve forums on pbnation. i personally prefer shockers more, but an impulse is best bang for the buck

Sorry about that, after I look at my post again I did not like the way I wrote it. Was not meant to be a shot at you. I cannot begin to tell you how many times (between forums, scenerios, tournys and rec days) that I have heard the air thing. I just meant that with a kit its not bad at all. Take care and God Bless.

black_bishop
12-12-2005, 08:17 AM
so you can get approx 980 shots off a 4200 fill on the ton ton. my nerve gets approx 1500 hundred shots off the same fill. i got a nerve having never even seen one in real life. so far ilove it. the link a few posts up if 720 bux for basically a stock nerve.i wouldnt do that one unless it was new in box.

Automaggot68
12-13-2005, 01:19 PM

Shut UP about that.
God damn you're annoying.

SCpoloRicker
12-13-2005, 01:25 PM

Shut UP about that.

Ferrealz tho.

Automaggot68
12-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Ferrealz tho.

orly?

Eric Cartman
12-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Shut UP about that.

Amen to that!

WARPED1
12-14-2005, 07:26 PM
Shockers use the Nerve board now, that would be a board from the Nerve.

I'm not spewing hate. It's like going to an Autococker board and asking about a mag. Or the Spyder board and asking about a mag. Or the AKA board and asking about a ma..... you get the point.

SCpoloRicker
12-15-2005, 12:04 PM
Shockers use the Nerve board now, that would be a board from the Nerve.

I'm not spewing hate. It's like going to an Autococker board and asking about a mag. Or the Spyder board and asking about a mag. Or the AKA board and asking about a ma..... you get the point.

Or hanging around a mag board and constantly bickering about them?

/YA RLY

nirvana1234
12-15-2005, 01:07 PM
bascily its going to come down to design.

the shocker is a spool valve which by design is some wat less effcient but smaller and lighter.
while the nerve is a electro pnuematic stacktube which is in turn a little taller and heavier(not by much) but the advantage to this design is that u are probably used to it being that moist markers are stacked tube(spyders,impys,b2ks ect ect.) so it might be a little easier to tech

personaly ive been debating the very same thing myself but im leaning towards the shocker for the reason of upgrades that are avalible since the nerve is some what lacking them(not that it needs it but its nice to customize ur marker)

:cheers: