PDA

View Full Version : Is this some kind of matrix??

peewee
12-11-2005, 08:35 PM
take a look. Anyone have info?
http://www.firstendeavorpaintball.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=1

cdacda13
12-11-2005, 08:40 PM
No. Its not a trix.

peewee
12-11-2005, 09:19 PM
At first I thoght it was some kind of fancy PMI EVO.

buzzboy
12-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Duh, its an egantrix. Only the newest best thing out there. It uses a bolt similar to a matrix as the ram in an angel body all ran off an E2 frame.

In truth I have no frikin clue. Looks kinda wierd.

WARPED1
12-11-2005, 09:23 PM
I like it, I'll be watching for more info.

68magOwner
12-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Info/pics/vid on this was released.....probably 2 months ago, anyway, its suppossed to be real nice. For those of you who were keeping track of the powerlite isis, some think this is what became of that, then again, others swear theyre not connected. If nothing else, i think its UGLY. I will not judge performance based on the hype that has surrounded this on pbn, ill wait till i get one in my hands.

siloseven
12-11-2005, 11:05 PM
looks like it could be some type of shocker clone/private lable. maybe a re-make of an older bodyed angel. but that is my guess according to the crappy pics.

68magOwner
12-11-2005, 11:09 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Blue-Blk-The-Quest_W0QQitemZ7202519294QQcategoryZ16048QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

WHAT!??!! someone already has this? Havent been paying it any attention (heck, didnt even read link), but didnt think it was released yet/ :confused:

sol tank
12-11-2005, 11:13 PM
its called teh quest. big fuss over at PBN. spool marker...both mech and elec. not gunna make it big i think.

68magOwner
12-11-2005, 11:17 PM
its called teh quest. big fuss over at PBN. spool marker...both mech and elec. not gunna make it big i think.

they know its called the quest, they know its been on pbn, and no, its not both mech and electro

siloseven
12-11-2005, 11:21 PM
hehe, looking at it closer, it kinda looks like a dallara bodyed shocker :eek:

magman007
12-12-2005, 05:12 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Blue-Blk-The-Quest_W0QQitemZ7202519294QQcategoryZ16048QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

WHAT!??!! someone already has this? Havent been paying it any attention (heck, didnt even read link), but didnt think it was released yet/ :confused:

quick, some one get slarty and have him notify who ever owns the intellectual property to the 007 trademark.

BigEvil
12-12-2005, 05:20 AM
It looks like a Cyborg and Shocker had a baby.

phantomhitman
12-12-2005, 08:28 AM
quick, some one get slarty and have him notify who ever owns the intellectual property to the 007 trademark.

way to be an idiot :clap:

The gun is called teh quest. It has been under development for a while now. Spool marker, electro. Not many guns out there yet since it was just released to test them first. They capped teh rate of fire at 20 or so but everything else seems to be on par with the other high end guns.

FSU_Paintball
12-12-2005, 09:34 AM
The gun is priced too high. I don't know why they think they'll sell it at what, $900+ last I heard? There's other, cheaper, faster, lighter, more well-known options out there. I don't see why someone would buy this gun at that price.

slade
12-12-2005, 10:48 AM
way to be an idiot :clap:

The gun is called teh quest. It has been under development for a while now. Spool marker, electro. Not many guns out there yet since it was just released to test them first. They capped teh rate of fire at 20 or so but everything else seems to be on par with the other high end guns.
*ahem* (http://i8.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/a9/d7/83_1.JPG)

it does look quite a bit like the isis, but the isis was from powerlyte. i wonder what happened to it, i was planning on getting an isis about a year ago... but it never came out.

the milling really isnt great though. it looks like a low end marker. i wouldnt put my money on one until a lot of people have tested them, and the price has gone down quite a bit.

BigEvil
12-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Anyone else notice the Angel LCD grips?

SCpoloRicker
12-12-2005, 12:12 PM
But is it called 'teh quest'?

FSU_Paintball
12-12-2005, 12:44 PM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1309950

Winner of the auction is in AKA's forum at PBN and will be posting a review.

slade
12-12-2005, 03:17 PM
this is sorta funny, i posted that in one of my computer classes. when the class was over a friend of mine who plays paintball came into the room and saw the gun, and not only had he seen it a month ago on PBN, but he's shot it. Aparently (from what he told me) the guy who works at our local shop (pierce from team sedition) was the one who designed it. its basically a spool valve marker designed for simplicity, he tried to make it as small and light as possible with the fewest moving parts and o-rings. after he made a prototype he got financial backing for it and is now producing them.

He said pierce brought it to the local field and let a few people shoot it, one of which was him.

warbeak2099
12-12-2005, 03:27 PM
It looks like a direct rip off of the Isis. I'm guessing Powerlyte sold the Isis design to this company and now they're making it.

mobsterboy
12-12-2005, 08:41 PM
it looks like a f-aggsey mcgee

magman007, that was so uncalled for. Esp now that Yak cant defend the ranks of stealers and grand theft larcenists across the nations :p

phantomhitman
12-12-2005, 08:43 PM
But is it called 'teh quest'?

sorry its T3h qu3st, my apologeeezzyzzz

manike
12-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Anyone else notice the Angel LCD grips?

That's only temporary until they finally get in their own grips. Then it will be able to take angel grips or their own proprietary grips. It will come with two screw patterns so you can fit either.

It's nothing to do with the ISIS according to the guys behind the Quest.

Chris_automag_07
12-13-2005, 09:56 PM
looks like some kind of new-fangled shocker that has sharp edges to "mark" your oppenent with when you have chopped to much paint for your gun to work. that is just my guess.

:clap:

etjoyride
12-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Looks like a shocker-evo-angel

wonder what the price is, didn't see one on the website

PaintballSmurf13
12-18-2005, 07:43 PM
i like the idea...
but i'm partial to timmys

so it'll take a lot for me to cross over and get one of these

68magOwner
12-18-2005, 07:58 PM
the Guy who bought it has put up reviews on pbn, seems that hes in love with it.

nevets11_2003
12-18-2005, 08:03 PM
We have one in the proshop where I play I'll ask about it next time I play.

nicad
12-19-2005, 12:11 AM
Just spent about 4hrs at a field with one of these Quests.

My take-

how it works? its almost identical to a shocker bolt, but fires with a "vent" cycle like a Freestyle/Ion. (3way noid instead of a 4way).

The one we abused seemed to have a quirky HP reg.. The stock reg seemed to be overpressurizing (or stopped recharging?) and the gun would not cycle. after replacing it with a CP, it ran smootha butter.

The LPR is tiny, which is cool, but it scares me. I have never had much luck with regs that size. I tore it apart, and it seemed to be good quality inside, so maybe it will proove to be a winner.

the ACE logic seemed to have a kink. Certain sequiences would make it think the eyes had failed and then it seemed to get stuck in that mode. Maybe reading the manual might help, (haha) but it seemed to happen at random times, which did not make much sence.

I have heard claims of it running at 80psi, or 100. Having looked at the bolt assembly, and judging the by the number of shots it gets, I beleive it runs quite a bit higher than those numbers (maybe those numbers were for the LPR-- that I would believe). We did not have a gauge to see what the operating pressure was.

It seems to be plenty fast.. thats no problem at all. :)

out!