PDA

View Full Version : BEST ups for B2K4??

cocker_mag21
12-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Wasup everyone....i am about to get a b2k4 with pds stock barell and new reg form evil...i need to know what all the best Ups for thsi particular marker are....all help is VERY appericated....

GT
12-12-2005, 04:05 PM
I wouldnt go with an evil reg, if anyhting something from AKA. Besdies a reg, a clampinig feedneck, loader, and a nice tank.

FSU_Paintball
12-12-2005, 04:42 PM
The best upgrade is a promaster ;)

(seriously)

BTW, the stock reg is crap.

I would definitely NOT drop a lot of money into it. A nice reg, OK, you can use that on any gun... but when you get into valves and boards and bolts and crap... you're gonna end up with $300 in upgrades, paying $300 for the gun, and then only selling it for $150 (brand new bushmasters are clearing out for $200 with PDS).

Don't upgrade... just get things like a reg, a hopper and a tank and an on/off... and eventually move up to a better gun when you get the chance.

WARPED1
12-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Oh wait, haven't shot the Promaster yet either, and don't plan too.

FSU_Paintball
12-12-2005, 04:51 PM
I don't blame you for feeling that way... but I'll say this... my FS7 always shoots like a champ... and even Manike likes the promaster very much.

Considering they're 2/3 the price as their "counterparts" and offer the exact same performance... yeah, I've got no complaints.

minimag03
12-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Promaster is a good idea over a bushmaster.

My list fort he B2k4 would be the following in order:
-HPR
-barrel
-bolt (ONLY if you have bad blow back that a little gel lube can't stop)
-feedneck
-aftermarket board
-polished, ported, and lighted ram/hammer assembly
-aftermarket valve

The only two that I believe are needed are the first two. If you are going to keep the marker awhile, I'd suggest going ahead and getting the rest of the upgrades.

master_alexander
12-12-2005, 06:06 PM
idk what you guys are talking about.

i loved mine. shuld have kept it.

if you like it and want to put money into it:

trayless mod
new board
vert frame
pipe kit

really helps to try the stuff out first too.

M98Punk
12-12-2005, 06:35 PM
I'd get a barrel with 8 solid inches before the porting, a clamping feedneck, a decent reg, palmer fatty or a aka. Palmer LP regs and a friend with a mill cause it's the same gun as most other electros with less milling :rolleyes:

I for one have a friend with a mill, who not only can powder coat but offers to be DD :bounce:

GT
12-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Oh wait, haven't shot the Promaster yet either, and don't plan too.

WTF are you doing in this thread? Yet another AO member helping out a none-mag owner only to have you throw the hate.

red indicates corrections as requested Sorry UPS man showed up mid post :clap:

Target Practice
12-12-2005, 07:38 PM
WTF are you doing in this thread? Yet another AO helping out none mag owners only to have throw the hate

I barely understood this post, but I'll stand behind it.

cocker_mag21
12-12-2005, 08:35 PM
well thanks to everyone that continues to help me out...and not hate for no reason at all...i know its not the best gun...ive been playing for 8 years and ive had a variety of guns...form emags to tipmanns.... jsut not from ICD and therfore i know nothing about them.....so thatnks for all the continued help

GT
12-12-2005, 08:37 PM
well thanks to everyone that continues to help me out...and not hate for no reason at all...i know its not the best gun...ive been playing for 8 years and ive had a variety of guns...form emags to tipmanns.... jsut not from ICD and therfore i know nothing about them.....so thatnks for all the continued help

There is nothing wrong with a b2k4 and no need to "upgrade" to a "better" gun. I had a BKO that was extremely fast. Do visit the ICD forum on pbn, they are a good bunch.

installer020
12-12-2005, 08:49 PM
GT is absolutely correct!! I can find someone out there who will tell you that every marker that is made is crap. It is individual preference, I have a friend with a nicely upped b2K4 and he loves his. It is fast, accurate and reliable. As far as the price, it just leaves you more money to add ups if you want to. I had a Wrath and my brother-in-law has a cocker. I loved my Wrath, my brother-in-law hated it, said he would never own one. See what I mean.

Arstron
12-12-2005, 09:28 PM
A good reg and a trayless mod is all I would consider. The short time I had master alexanders bushy, I looked at quite a few upgrades, but none of them was needed. I dont have any complaints with ICD, the bushmaster didnt fit me though, but I wouldnt mind trying a promaster or a freestyle. ;)

punkncat
12-12-2005, 10:07 PM
There is nothing wrong with a b2k4 and no need to "upgrade" to a "better" gun.... Do visit the ICD forum on pbn, they are a good bunch.

Edited for QFT....lol

Really, change the regs, add a barrel and go with it. Sturdy marker.

peewee
12-12-2005, 11:09 PM
The evil detonator is decent reg, arguably better than the stock. Play with it first & see if it needs any upgrading for performance. I have gained a lot of respect for ICD. I own a freestyle & really like it, I'd like an EMAG (never owned one) better but hey ... As far as Bushys go they are a very solid marker, I have several friends that have had them for a number of years without any issues what so ever. I played with 03 BKO for a while & really liked it alot. Made a mistake selling it to a friend so he would have a tourney gun.

hardr0ck68
12-13-2005, 01:26 AM
OMFG bushies dont use a spool valve; ram driven valves are soooo 2002. Its ugly, slow and slow!!!!

Get a spool valve marker, they r0k; you arnt aGg with a bushy!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
j/k of course; bushys are fine guns; they can lay paint and you know what? When you hit the field thats all that really matters. As for ups, i hear both the regs leave much to be desired; but my bushy hasent shown up yet so i wouldent know. :dance:

M98Punk
12-13-2005, 10:36 AM
exactly what he said....without all the sarcasm Of course if your going for that 2002 class may I suggest a K&K Ring trigger and a 7" drop :rolleyes:

phantomhitman
12-13-2005, 10:55 AM
have you bought it already?........

craltal
12-13-2005, 11:27 AM
A better barrel would be the primary upgrade I would recommend, especially if you are not a great tinkerer. Wait until you break in the regs on it before you decide that you don't like the performance.

I own a very upgraded BKO, as can be seen in the picture below. The only reason I went as far as I did was a combination of the reg's crapping out and Zenitram putting the z-grip frame on clearance.

[http://idisk.mac.com/cral/Public/BKO-left.jpg

I own the BKO, a Bonebrake Freestyle, and an e-mag. All three are capable of throwing paint down-field as fast as I can pull the trigger.

M98Punk
12-13-2005, 06:46 PM
I own the BKO, a Bonebrake Freestyle, and an e-mag. All three are capable of throwing paint down-field as fast as I can pull the trigger.

I got a stingray that can do the same thing :p Seriously thou you don't need ALL those markers you should donate the E-mag to me :shooting:

cocker_mag21
12-13-2005, 08:14 PM
i APPERICATE all the help i can get THANKs A MILL IM glad that i can rely on fellow p8ntballers for help....that really makes me feel all warm inside (tear)...

cocker_mag21
12-13-2005, 08:20 PM
can i get a new body? if so is it realitivly easy to change? and bout how much woudl it cost?

craltal
12-13-2005, 08:53 PM
I got a stingray that can do the same thing :p Seriously thou you don't need ALL those markers you should donate the E-mag to me :shooting:

If you look closely, I only listed my electronic guns, none of my mechs are listed. I'll gladly send you the e-mag for a donation of $700 to the craltal xmas fund...

mobsterboy
12-13-2005, 08:59 PM
hmm, best ups for a b2k4? Prob ground, but its depending on how fast you want it to get there :p
/Useless posts count gets another added to its infamous total

M98Punk
12-13-2005, 09:44 PM
I'll gladly send you the e-mag for a donation of $700 to the craltal xmas fund...

I knew I shouldn't have donated all that money to the bell ringers!!! What did I get from them? A 'Merry Christmas' and that certainly can't shoot 26bps :p

cocker_mag21
12-15-2005, 12:42 AM
yep............ :headbang:

*ArKfEaR*
12-15-2005, 03:26 PM
why dont you just go here: http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=342

and get the information from a more reliable source...(considering that IS a Bushmaster dedicated sub-board)