View Full Version : What do you guys think?

AGDlover
12-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Ok as a few of you know I've been working on a little at home project. I've been useing eMachine Shop for my computer work so if any of you have the program, I'll be happy to send the file to have you check it out first hand. ANYWAY, well for quite some time now I've been wanting to do a Emag/Xmag vert frame. After a few hours on my program and some redoing of peaces, splines, bla, bla, bla,... I think I've got what I want. Now I'm asking what do all of you think of it? What do you think could change? A price should I do a limited run of thease isnt set, nor a warenty or really anything. Right now I'm looking for oppions. Heres a pic. I'm pitty happy the way it is right now but thats me. And dont worry if I do chose to put it into limited production(about 50 but who knows) I'm gonna send my prototype to AGD to make sure its in spec and tolerances are all good so no worrys about it makeing your gun out of wack!

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/32000/IMG_2865_tn.JPG (http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic.html?pIMAGE_ID=32799)

LMK guys! :clap: :cheers:

slade
12-12-2005, 11:04 PM
you do realize emachine shop is going to charge you an ungodly ammount of money, right?

11 Bravo
12-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Looks good! Will it use Angel grips?

GT
12-12-2005, 11:14 PM
I'd buy one in a heart beat.

etjoyride
12-12-2005, 11:14 PM
That is pretty nice, I give it 3 :dance: :dance: :dance:

Good luck with it.

Glickman
12-12-2005, 11:18 PM
all the luck to you with your production, just dont make the mistakes made by one or two guys here previously.

make sure you have a 100% confirmed consumer base.

aka, money in your pocket first :clap:

Rudz
12-13-2005, 12:11 AM
i like it, would ir 3 grips fit it? my main question is are u sure all the internals would fit? nice job btw

UTDragun
12-13-2005, 01:27 AM
can u fit pnuematics in it?

AGDlover
12-13-2005, 08:55 AM
you do realize emachine shop is going to charge you an ungodly ammount of money, right?

Yea I'm only useing emachine shop to give a basic idea of what it will look like. I'm eather have Logic or a local machine shop mill them.

like it, would ir 3 grips fit it? my main question is are u sure all the internals would fit? nice job btw

I dont think It will use IR3 grips but you could use them but I will make pannels for them since the IR3 pannels dont have a window for the boards at the bottom.

can u fit pnuematics in it?

I dont see why not

Thanks for the input guys! :cheers:

BigEvil
12-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Coming along nicely.

Look for me on AIM later.

Automaggot68
12-13-2005, 11:35 AM
I don't like it at all,and I doubt it'll get off the ground.

BigEvil
12-13-2005, 03:41 PM
I don't like it at all,and I doubt it'll get off the ground.

Such positive vibes. Show the kid some support.

LS1 WS6
12-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Looks good, I would just make sure there are no sharp edges on it i.e. the snach grip and the bottom front of the grip. Good luck.

SpitFire1299
12-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Wow that is hot. Much hotter than it was when you first showed me. You cleaned it up soooooo much. :cheers:

SCpoloRicker
12-13-2005, 04:10 PM
What is your goal for this project? Limited run (say <50)?

I'd recommend making sure you have your vendors lined up before hyping your product and/or taking preorders.

/although another 30 page thread could be fun

AGDlover
12-13-2005, 04:15 PM
What is your goal for this project? Limited run (say <50)?

I'd recommend making sure you have your vendors lined up before hyping your product and/or taking preorders.

/although another 30 page thread could be fun

Lol yea I wanna have my working prototype and make sure its cool with my miller to have it done

master_alexander
12-13-2005, 06:20 PM
wow. i love it.

but i think it might look kind of wierd, but i might have to build another emag :D

pachytriton
12-13-2005, 07:14 PM
It's really cool but you might want to make the trigger guard bigger. On the emag you can't wrap your fingers around the foregrip anyway so why not extend the guard all the way to the battery pack?

Troen
12-13-2005, 08:33 PM
what are the chances of having big evil's preditor board in it?!? id buy one in a heart beat if it was <300$

BigEvil
12-13-2005, 08:56 PM
what are the chances of having big evil's preditor board in it?!? id buy one in a heart beat if it was <300$

**If it were mine it would be out already ;)

Im just the poor schmuck who convinced TAG to make one, then convinced people to pre-order it :cry:

FYI, it AGDL can pull this gripe frame off, I would imagine it would use stock emag internals. If thats the case than it could use anything for an emag, including the board

Troen
12-13-2005, 09:15 PM
i got my emag after pre orders stopped, or did they not stop?

AGDlover
12-13-2005, 09:50 PM
It's really cool but you might want to make the trigger guard bigger. On the emag you can't wrap your fingers around the foregrip anyway so why not extend the guard all the way to the battery pack?

What i did is the battry pack will mount on the front of the gaurd there I just havent gotten around to makeing the dove tail slot for it so now you have a HUGE trigger area!

As for the pred boards, Yea myself and Big evil havent reacived our special ones yet but we're still wateing. I've thought about doing preds but if i do preds the internals would completely change. New board= would not use a micro switch= fast better noid bla bla bla just end up turning into a devil mag...with a huge battery. I may have the option when ordering to order a Emag pred with the frame(this will only be done if TAG still the has boards instock when I produce thease frame).

And since a e/xmag triggers are few, I am drafting up a trigger for thease frames so no more nasty grove trigger EWWW lol.

I ask that the ppl who chose "it still needs some work" to tell me your input on it. I want to give you guys a frame that does what you want and it has everything you need. I've already changes that the bottom of the frame isnt shrarp and square and the back snatch grip is no longer pointy on the back as well.

Well thats all for now. Thanks for all of your intrest in this frame guys I'm really pushing for this! :cheers:

Troen
12-13-2005, 10:00 PM
my suggestion, is milling out the grip frame for finger slots, so your hand isnt on a flat peice of metal, you have some what of a grove for you hands. it would be more comfortable and a bit lighter, everything needs to be ULE nowadays anyway :wow:
for example, mill out the trigger fame like on bunny5's plans for his sfl
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/32000/SFL_Gripframe_milling.jpg

AGDlover
12-13-2005, 10:02 PM
my suggestion, is milling out the grip frame for finger slots, so your hand isnt on a flat peice of metal, you have some what of a grove for you hands. it would be more comfortable and a bit lighter, everything needs to be ULE nowadays anyway :wow:
for example, mill out the trigger fame like on bunny5's plans for his sfl
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/32000/SFL_Gripframe_milling.jpg

Ok i'll get on that yea I'm trying to get this baby down light as possable!

The Action Figure
12-13-2005, 10:05 PM
looks good, but still needs a little work

11 Bravo
12-13-2005, 10:09 PM
i got my emag after pre orders stopped, or did they not stop?

Yeh preorder has stopped, but you can still buy the board when they come out.

And yes its all Big Evils fault. :rolleyes:

bunny5
12-15-2005, 01:02 PM
Helping the developmental process....

:D

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/32000/emag_vert.jpg

AGDlover
12-15-2005, 04:18 PM

LOL i think my frame will be different and will deff not look as fugly

Rudz
12-15-2005, 05:21 PM
nice work bunny, that would look uber on my tunamax...anno in dust blk???hmmm ..btw what kind of grips r u developing for this, becuase the grips are an important part also

AGDlover
12-15-2005, 05:31 PM
I'm going to try and do alum. pannells since i dont have a way of doing plastics and stuff + hey the alum looks cleaner too!

Rudz
12-15-2005, 06:30 PM
i like the panels luke has been putting out, aluminum seems to be working great for every 1 else, , btw what do u think the price range on these will be? just a ball park figure, and assuming some 1 would just want the frame, grips, and trgger, minus any interals and boards

SpitFire1299
12-15-2005, 07:12 PM
You should make it so angel ir3 grips work on it like Rogue's chimera. That would be pretty convenient.

Rudz
12-15-2005, 07:34 PM
that what i said but, we wouldnt be able to see the lcd, ...but if we r using predator boards do we use the lcd??

AGDlover
12-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Ok the deal on the grips. Alum. will probly be used over IR3 due to even if you had a Pred you still need to see the LED flashing hence the reason I dont want to use the IR3 grips and will use Alum pannels.

A price range is undecided but if you want i wanna say 200-300bux a pop

GOOD NEWS: I should start milling a plastic like prototype mid week next week. This wont include the holes in the top due to my school not haveing the correct machine to rotate like i want it to. But i Promis to try to get this going ASAP!

behemoth
12-15-2005, 08:08 PM

Your photoshop skills are amazing, but JESUS CHRIST!

Troen
12-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Ok the deal on the grips. Alum. will probly be used over IR3 due to even if you had a Pred you still need to see the LED flashing hence the reason I dont want to use the IR3 grips and will use Alum pannels.

A price range is undecided but if you want i wanna say 200-300bux a pop

GOOD NEWS: I should start milling a plastic like prototype mid week next week. This wont include the holes in the top due to my school not haveing the correct machine to rotate like i want it to. But i Promis to try to get this going ASAP!
tech school?

AGDlover
12-16-2005, 08:19 PM
High school... lol yea I'm still a young pup but regaurdless if it can pass AGD I dont see why it would be a prob i'm still in HS

Troen
12-16-2005, 08:24 PM
High school... lol yea I'm still a young pup but regaurdless if it can pass AGD I dont see why it would be a prob i'm still in HS
im in highschool too, more specifically a tech school. i had the machinests build me stuff like triggers, sear pins, and they attemped barrels. i just had to fix their electronic stuff.

BigEvil
12-16-2005, 09:28 PM

Nice Photoshop Bunny... but an FYI- any emag grip frame will probably need that piece in the front of the trigger guard that the battery pack slides up on.

Ratt
12-16-2005, 10:43 PM
I, myself, have been toying with the idea of a Z-Grip for my EMag. Apparently, you are MUCH farther in the process than I am. I like the grip, but I would instantly jump on the bandwagon if you could increase the forward angle of the grip. But I think in order to make a Z-Grip EMag, you would have to redesign the sear, due to the necessary angle of the solenoid. Keep up the good work!

Rudz
12-16-2005, 10:57 PM
Nice Photoshop Bunny... but an FYI- any emag grip frame will probably need that piece in the front of the trigger guard that the battery pack slides up on.

the part the battery slides on is called the dovetail, and agdlover already said he was going to add 1, bunny was just givin us a visual, and a z grip on an x/e mag would be uber, but alot of work, and prolly would be a very limited run

AGDlover
12-16-2005, 11:04 PM
a zgrip emag... dont believe it would work due to the space and noid and board mounting... a 45* angel frame maybe? Here at home I'm reviewing my frame and I'm almost ready to call it comlpete I just need to move like... 2 things due to a few late nights and brain farts. My order for a block of my material went out and I should have my Polypropylene Rough prototype finished by ehhhhhhhhhhhh.... mid to late week depending on when the material comes in.

AGDlover
12-16-2005, 11:08 PM
I, myself, have been toying with the idea of a Z-Grip for my EMag. Apparently, you are MUCH farther in the process than I am. I like the grip, but I would instantly jump on the bandwagon if you could increase the forward angle of the grip. But I think in order to make a Z-Grip EMag, you would have to redesign the sear, due to the necessary angle of the solenoid. Keep up the good work!

Ya not enough room for the noid and board

Troen
12-17-2005, 09:59 AM
would it be possible to convert a chimmira frame?

AGDlover
12-17-2005, 11:17 AM
dont think so due to theres no bottom side for the noid and board to mount on

AGDlover
12-18-2005, 12:34 PM
updated pics anyone? :D

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/32000/IMG_2877_tn.JPG (http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic.html?pIMAGE_ID=32893)
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/32000/IMG_2878_tn.JPG (http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic.html?pIMAGE_ID=32894)

pop tart
12-18-2005, 03:28 PM
i think it would be awsome if you could put a dovetail rail on the bottom of the grip like logics hybrid frame. other than that its comeing along nicely

AGDlover
12-18-2005, 03:34 PM
done i'll have it so since your not running a not running a normal ASA and since the frame is a tad longer there will be set screws where the ASA holes would be be. sound Good?

BigEvil
12-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Nice man!! Its starting to come along.

One thing to keep in mind... just make sure that the mode selector can clear the grips on the left side.

Troen
12-18-2005, 05:54 PM
i am definatly getting one.

AGDlover
12-18-2005, 08:38 PM
Nice man!! Its starting to come along.

One thing to keep in mind... just make sure that the mode selector can clear the grips on the left side.

I'm already makeing custom grips for this bad boy not to mention posability of triggers! But everything should be grand and wonderful :cheers:

magman007
12-19-2005, 01:47 AM
so, did you completely rework the sear as well? because that is the issue at hand, unless you canted the solenoid just right, and get the correct lengths etc, it wont work. you are playing with a very important part of the e-mags opperation here, and you need to get it perfect. why do you think tom never made them?

i really think you are in over your head.

AGDlover
12-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Thats was one of my primary consers, the sear. all of the internal workings of the frame will all be the same angel, measurements, specs and tolerances as your normal Emag/xmag frame. the pictures i have posted showing the noid mount is probly wrong everything. I did it just to give a basic idea how it may fall but i want AGD to show mounting points for everything when i send my prototype in. Hope this clears up anything you may have been concerned about
:cheers:

Troen
12-20-2005, 10:58 PM
will this use the hall sensor like a normal emag? or are you converting to micro switches?

SpitFire1299
12-20-2005, 11:30 PM
will this use the hall sensor like a normal emag? or are you converting to micro switches?
I demand the hall sensor! ;) You should make a slot for a mini morlock.

BigEvil
12-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Yo Andrew, you gotta come up with a kick-*** name for this thing.

What do you guys think?

Troen
12-21-2005, 01:40 PM
the gift of god, vert style.

AGDlover
12-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Hey guys Ok a name... well I did come up with one I'll tell ya when your online next. It will use a hall sensor dont worry :D. As for the mini morlock i dont exactly have the sprecs for one of thoughs but send me a link and an example and i'll see what i can do!

AGDlover
12-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Hey guys I got good news and bad news. Good news is I got the material in and my file loaded onto AutoCAD ready to Mill. Bad news is I cant mill it till break is over. At least this will give some time to come up with a name and make any final adjustment i should need to make

AGDlover
12-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Hey guys Just wanted to keep you posted and stuff. I should have the basic plastic prototype done bout ehh... 11th-15th depending on how long the toolpath takes for each. I want this done so since me and my teacher are gonna set it all up then once it starts hes Leaving and I'm staying after school for about 2 hours to make sure it all goes good. There almost was a change in the design cause I thought of something that might look cool but in overall it was kinda stupid.

If any of you think of a name for the frame, PM me with your Idea and if its chosen, you'll get a reward of somekind that i cant think of lol.

Once the final design is set into place with AGD aprovel and I'm gonna try to get factory warenty on this cause AGD have checked it over and givin the ok when they get it, Pre-orders will be taken. When? I'm thinking around late January-Mid Feb.

Theres still a ways to go, but I'm trying to make this go as fast as possable. F-ing school... lol
:cheers:

AGDlover
01-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Hey guys figured you'd like if I had an update. Well since I'm in school again now, I have my program up on the computer I have to make a toolpath really quick for the frame, then Post it on to our Techno mill thats at our other campus that my teacher is gonna setup and start milling for me. He said if i got the tool path done this week and gave him the file by friday he'll have it milling by next week. Thats my update. Peace!

Troen
01-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Hey guys figured you'd like if I had an update. Well since I'm in school again now, I have my program up on the computer I have to make a toolpath really quick for the frame, then Post it on to our Techno mill thats at our other campus that my teacher is gonna setup and start milling for me. He said if i got the tool path done this week and gave him the file by friday he'll have it milling by next week. Thats my update. Peace!
sweet! hurry up!

elbobo_the_pimp
01-10-2006, 06:23 PM
i have an angel and with the looks of this i almost want to convert :headbang: :headbang:

Kyle.Kimber
01-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Ok as a few of you know I've been working on a little at home project. I've been useing eMachine Shop for my computer work so if any of you have the program, I'll be happy to send the file to have you check it out first hand. ANYWAY, well for quite some time now I've been wanting to do a Emag/Xmag vert frame. After a few hours on my program and some redoing of peaces, splines, bla, bla, bla,... I think I've got what I want. Now I'm asking what do all of you think of it? What do you think could change? A price should I do a limited run of thease isnt set, nor a warenty or really anything. Right now I'm looking for oppions. Heres a pic. I'm pitty happy the way it is right now but thats me. And dont worry if I do chose to put it into limited production(about 50 but who knows) I'm gonna send my prototype to AGD to make sure its in spec and tolerances are all good so no worrys about it makeing your gun out of wack!

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/32000/IMG_2865_tn.JPG (http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic.html?pIMAGE_ID=32799)

LMK guys! :clap: :cheers:

Because the frame is machined aluminum, I wouldn't suggest sountersink-in your holes.