PDA

View Full Version : Single Triggers and Ramping ?

nastymag
12-12-2005, 10:59 PM
ok lets put all our differences aside for a moment on the issue of whether we like ramping or not.

and ask a more serious question ...Why have single triggers not made a Friggen comeback !!!!!

i started playing in late 98, very few markers actaully had double triggers.
i become accostomed to shooting single triggers. in fact when i got my Angel led in 2001
i switched out its double trigger frame for a single trigger frame and rocked that gun till 2003.
obviously semi auto rates of fire are much more easily achieved shooting double trigger guns.
But with the arrivel of ramping in earnest it seems like the advantages double triggers had over single triggers are gone. it only takes a couple of tabs to get your gun going 15 bps .
sure the npple may not allow the mode, but the psp does and most feilds around my area have come to terms with ramping.

pros to using a single trigger ( obviously all subjective)

1. Much better hold over the marker, with only one finger being on trigger, the rest are used to grip the marker
2. much easier to shoot off hand . (may be mute do to ramping anyway)
3. they look cool!!
4. to me it seemed like it had a much easier natural feel.

before people start calling me part of the " old guard ... woodsballers and such"
all my equipment is capable of ramping ( DC nexus, 2k4 viking, pred angel, Xmag...well hybrid) and i have guested for Ultra Impact (AM XPSL).

slade
12-12-2005, 11:07 PM
1) theyre accustomed to it, with they way they shoot.
2) you can shoot with your middle finger, if you prefer, without moving your hand up
3) snatch grips. people dont hold by the frame that much
4) if you play without ramping (which most people do) a double trigger is much easier of course for shooting fast.

buzzboy
12-13-2005, 07:24 AM
What about those of us who don't shoot fast. The backman on my speedball team has a stock tippmann 98, uses about 100-200 balls per game and gets a lot of eleminations. I actually put a heavier spring in the trigger on my bko so it would shoot slower. I find though that for mech guns I like double triggers. With electro I keep finding my middle finger below the trigger guard and only my pointer finger on my trigger. Maybe I'm just weird.

stop whining buy a mag
12-13-2005, 07:33 AM
Because the sport has evolved in a different way.

BigEvil
12-13-2005, 08:16 AM
I bought my Angel LED because it had a single trigger. (Well, that and it was cheap). After playing with it for a while I ended up chopping off the trigger guard and installing a double trigger and DYE replacement guard on it. I think most of those old style single triggers were not made to be as fast as they could. That Angel trigger was shapped almost like a half circle and it was hard to rip on it.

If someone made a really nice single that was designed for easy firing im sure people would at least give it a look. (Maybe a strange look, but a look nonetheless)

phantomhitman
12-13-2005, 08:25 AM
Becuase a majority of people do not use ramping, and never will. I do not understand why everyone thinks that ramping is used by everyone when only a select few series uses it. Bahumbug....
1-opinion.
2-has nothing to do with shooting off hand, only practice can help that.
3-they look as stupid as anything else int eh pb world.
4-by natural feel do you mean like a real gun, or do you mean that is the way it is suppose to feel? Still up to opinion.

Sheazer
12-13-2005, 01:09 PM
I was wondering this the other day actually. Not so much of a 'why did they not comeback' but more like, I'd like an electronic single trigger, like the PBX e frames coming out will have a single trigger, I want one of those. I agree, in the age of ramping who needs a logn trigger when the board does teh work for you?

Pump Scout
12-13-2005, 01:18 PM
Especially those playing NXL. When a league legalizes (and indeed, requires) full auto, there's no need for a double trigger. Singles would give a better grip surface on the gun. You could even work with a 1.5 sized trigger guard to allow for fast trigger acquisition and ease in switching hands when needed.

But hey, I'm just a lowly recballer, so WTF do I know, right? :D

nastymag
12-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Phantomman ... i really do think it depends on where you play about the ramping.
in my area almost everyone plays with some form or shape of ramping ( good or bad ...)
i use afa on my angel ( pretty much the only gun i shoot) which lowers the db to 1 after i hit 6 bps.. its not as fast psp or nxl, but i feel like i have more controll over how much i am shooting.

Buzzboy- not to sound rude, but playing anysort of tournement or serious airball is going to take more then 100-200 balls from your back guy with a m98. shooting slow is fine for recball.
but laning with enourmous amounts of paint at rediculous speeds is pretty much the norm for tournements. besides a single trigger on semi may even help your quest to not shoot as fast.

what i am trying to get too ... i believe there is a market for it now..or possibly.

68magOwner
12-13-2005, 05:44 PM
i know several local players who put single finger triggers on their markers for playing in psp mode. I myself have used some of these markers, and, see no real advantage of playing wtih the single trigger frame. Was not easier for me to hold or handle, and was slower when starting up the ramp. Some use them and like it, i myself dont, but, i think its a viable option for whoever wants to do it.

Coralis
12-13-2005, 06:40 PM
I just like the lighter trigger pull that a double trigger allows, also there is more room to put my fingers on the trigger when im wearing a full finger glove than on the single trigger frame.

buzzboy
12-13-2005, 06:53 PM
...... also there is more room to put my fingers on the trigger when im wearing a full finger glove than on the single trigger frame.
That is why I kinda like the trigger on the Trilogy comp, it is a blade oversized single trigger. Perfect size for one finger with gloves on.

slade
12-14-2005, 08:16 AM
What about those of us who don't shoot fast. The backman on my speedball team has a stock tippmann 98, uses about 100-200 balls per game and gets a lot of eleminations. I actually put a heavier spring in the trigger on my bko so it would shoot slower. I find though that for mech guns I like double triggers. With electro I keep finding my middle finger below the trigger guard and only my pointer finger on my trigger. Maybe I'm just weird.
there isnt really much of a question here. double triggers are marketable, and easier for the majority to shoot. one person on my team uses one finger to shoot his proto. everyone else walks the trigger.

WARPED1
12-14-2005, 05:48 PM
I'd shoot a single triggered ramper. I stareted in 1988, there were 0 guns with double trigger.

paint magnet
12-14-2005, 07:27 PM
I'd shoot a single triggered ramper. I stareted in 1988, there were 0 guns with double trigger.

Why would you need a double-triggered pump gun? It would be pointless to put one on an SMG-60 as well.

WARPED1
12-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Why would you need a double-triggered pump gun? It would be pointless to put one on an SMG-60 as well.
True. I was just making the point that there were no doubles yet. :)

JKR
12-14-2005, 07:44 PM
I have never owned a double trigger 'gun and don't plan on it either! 'Course I grew up shooting real iron so a single trigger is the only way to go IMO.

HOMELANDEFENDER
12-14-2005, 09:38 PM
pros to using a single trigger ( obviously all subjective)

1. Much better hold over the marker, with only one finger being on trigger, the rest are used to grip the marker
2. much easier to shoot off hand . (may be mute do to ramping anyway)
3. they look cool!!
4. to me it seemed like it had a much easier natural feel.

I agree with everything you've listed, and I agree with what many have also stated -- The game has evolved, plain and simple. I'm a firm believer in single triggers, but other than the Tippmann A5 E-Gripped markers, there's nothing else out there that is capable of the ROF I'm looking for. Unfortunately, the E-Grip is a flawed design that eats sears, and armature pins.

In "Turbo" mode the thing was perfect to me, and allowed me to enjoy the gameplay much more. But its ability to fail during great games made me switch to AGD and I never looked back. If TAG ever releases the Predator for E Mag, I may try and modify the frame for a single trigger.

HLD...

NewbieMagMan10988
12-14-2005, 09:57 PM

Seeing as I play pump, I could use a double trigger. I dont mind single triggers at all, but a double trigger pump is apealing in the same way a single triger Alias is....Hmmmm single trigger Alias........
Mike

paint magnet
12-14-2005, 10:11 PM
I agree with everything you've listed, and I agree with what many have also stated -- The game has evolved, plain and simple. I'm a firm believer in single triggers, but other than the Tippmann A5 E-Gripped markers, there's nothing else out there that is capable of the ROF I'm looking for. Unfortunately, the E-Grip is a flawed design that eats sears, and armature pins.

In "Turbo" mode the thing was perfect to me, and allowed me to enjoy the gameplay much more. But its ability to fail during great games made me switch to AGD and I never looked back. If TAG ever releases the Predator for E Mag, I may try and modify the frame for a single trigger.

HLD...

Get an old single trigger electro (like an LED) and put a Predator board in it :)

HOMELANDEFENDER
12-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Get an old single trigger electro (like an LED) and put a Predator board in it :)
Thats an idea ... Thanks.

HLD...

Ion owner
12-15-2005, 11:42 PM
they sell single finger matrix frames, single trigger viking frames can still be had from aka, single trigger angel frames can still be bought new, and if theres not a single trigger frame for your desired marker, im shure you could modify an avaliable one to fit.

-and a thought for timmys, someone could sell a kit for a clamshell, including a single finger trigger, and a single trigger finger fuard since the trigger guards are removable on clamshells.

-bottom line- anyone who REALLY wants a single finger frame on todays newere popular marker, can get it if they really want.

edit- from 68magOwner on his little brothers ID