PDA

View Full Version : Song From exchaliber

B.A.M.
12-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Whats the song they play at the end of excallibur when aurthur get better from the grail and rides out as the land grows better and he go to fight.

Load SM5
12-14-2005, 07:14 PM
Introduction to Carmina Burana by the Atlanata Symphony Orchestra.

Load SM5
12-14-2005, 07:22 PM
http://mrred.halfpricesushi.com/01Orff.mp3

tropical_fishy
12-14-2005, 07:48 PM
It's O Fortuna, from Carmina Burana, by Carl Off. Like ^^ said.

B.A.M.
12-14-2005, 09:08 PM
thanks alot

Steelrat
12-14-2005, 09:15 PM
One of the most over-used classical songs ever.

tropical_fishy
12-14-2005, 10:13 PM
One of the most over-used classical songs ever.

I think Moonlight Sonata is pretty badly overused as well.

Recon by Fire
12-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Carmina Burna Overture :)

Steelrat
12-14-2005, 10:38 PM
I think Moonlight Sonata is pretty badly overused as well.

Lets not forget Rhapsody in blue.

And the all time winner: Pachelbel Canon.

tropical_fishy
12-14-2005, 10:51 PM
Lets not forget Rhapsody in blue.

And the all time winner: Pachelbel Canon.

And Vivaldi's Spring. And Beethoven's 5th. There's so many.

Steelrat
12-14-2005, 10:58 PM
And Vivaldi's Spring. And Beethoven's 5th. There's so many.

Crap, I love the 4 Seasons.

/Listening to Holst's The Planets right now

Archangel Kid
12-14-2005, 11:01 PM

I have a pair of ear plugs if you'd like them.

tropical_fishy
12-14-2005, 11:02 PM
Crap, I love the 4 Seasons.

I loooooove Jupiter! We played it in high school. Oh man. I love that piece. I like the Four Seasons too, but I don't think it's the best of Vivaldi's work.

Steelrat
12-14-2005, 11:08 PM
I loooooove Jupiter! We played it in high school. Oh man. I love that piece. I like the Four Seasons too, but I don't think it's the best of Vivaldi's work.

Jupiter is my favorite.

Steelrat
12-14-2005, 11:10 PM
I have a pair of ear plugs if you'd like them.

You'd be surprised at the variety I listen to. But if you haven't given classical a chance, you're only screwing yourself. Saying all classical sounds the same is like saying all rock sounds the same.

BTW, Metallica covered a song from The Planets. Can't be all that bad, eh?

Archangel Kid
12-14-2005, 11:12 PM
You'd be surprised at the variety I listen to. But if you haven't given classical a chance, you're only screwing yourself. Saying all classical sounds the same is like saying all rock sounds the same.

Not once did I ever say all classical stuff sounds the same, as a matter of fact, I'm a classical player. The planets, are one of my least favorite pieces and not because it wasn't done right. Because it is SO over played that I can't stand to listen to it any more.

tropical_fishy
12-14-2005, 11:14 PM

No, but the cover can be ;)

I think every teenager should have to learn an instrument of some kind in school. Then at least they'd be able to have a concrete reason WHY they don't like classical music. It's only boring when you don't understand it.

Steelrat
12-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Not once did I ever say all classical stuff sounds the same, as a matter of fact, I'm a classical player. The planets, are one of my least favorite pieces and not because it wasn't done right. Because it is SO over played that I can't stand to listen to it any more.

Sorry for the rush to judgement, but based upon your "earplugs" comment, and the typical attitude of most younger people (and my 30s age group too!) towards classical, you can kind of understand my reaction.

So, as a player, what are your favorite works?

Archangel Kid
12-14-2005, 11:45 PM
If you want a song that will almost bring a tear to your eye it's so beautiful. Aaron Copland's Appalachian Spring, is probably my favorite classical piece ever.

tropical_fishy
12-14-2005, 11:57 PM

What do you play?

And aren't pieces like Vivaldi's Spring, Moonlight Sonata, Carmina Burana, The Planets, etc, overplayed because they WERE done right? Look at Pachabell's Canon. It's overplayed, sure. But it's an exercise in what I consider to be a perfect canon. It's genius. Carmina's O Fortuna is overplayed, but the rest of the overture is just as gorgeous. It's not as vibrant or dramatic, but it's definitely beautiful. Then again, I'm partial to stuff like Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Bach's Double Violin Concerto, etc, because I've played them. It definitely heightens your attachment to a piece of music.

Steelrat
12-15-2005, 12:04 AM
If you want a song that will almost bring a tear to your eye it's so beautiful. Aaron Copland's Appalachian Spring, is probably my favorite classical piece ever.

I'll have to check it out, I love his Fanfare for the Common Man.

/Now listening to Verdi's Requiem