PDA

View Full Version : battle of the high end tanks

brett
12-10-2001, 08:43 PM
wich one one has best flow at low and at high psi wich one is better constructed and what one would you get if you had a choice

Cliffio
12-10-2001, 09:04 PM
angel air

FooTemps
12-10-2001, 09:13 PM
I'd rather get a flatline 4500... LONG LIVE AGD!!! w00t(lol)! I randomly voted and got the conquest

Russ
12-10-2001, 09:30 PM
No one, I mean NO ONE, can say which has the highest flow, because that data has never been published. Many claim it, none prove it, period.

AA systems have a lifetime warranty.

Conquests are not Mag-friendly. Too low a max output pressure. High maintenance. Need to be double-regulated. Works great on my kid's 'Cocker.

MaxFlo's are nice. Pretty colors. I don't know about SmartParts customer service, though.

AGD Flatlines, Lightweight, smooth on/off, best customer service. Keeps up w/my E-mag at a high ROF. A solid performer.

Angel Air, very high tech, consistent output pressures, no on/off :(

Centerflag? I don't know much about 'em.

Nitro Duck? ditto

I will get a Flatline 4500 system when they become available. :D

FaSSt
12-10-2001, 10:01 PM
Some of those tanks are great for LOW pressure. I have two Centerflags, one 3000, one 4500, both adjustable. They work GREAT on low pressure applications like fiancee's Bushmaster, but don't seem to be as air efficient with my Emag.

If I could choose any tank/reg agin, I would also pay attention to weight. I hear that Flatlines are nice and light in addition to great performers. Don't drule them out.

adlar
12-10-2001, 11:51 PM
I like my Nitroduck Megareg 4500. Nitroduck has never let me down on a mag, cocker, or angel.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-11-2001, 02:32 AM
right now i've got a Crossfire 68/3000 stub..but i'm holding out for a 68/45 Flatline..if it makes it out to be put under the tree..cool..if not..oh well..i still can't wait no matter what...

udtseal
12-11-2001, 07:31 AM
PMI Pure energy 68/4500 is a nice tank!!! I love mine!!!!!!

pito189
12-11-2001, 11:49 AM
I like my Nitroduck megareg 90/4500 never let me down once. You can play a whole day with it too.

mac2k4
12-11-2001, 03:53 PM
a.i.r works great for shockers to mags...

WDP went with no ON/OFF because it puts the regulator under less stress when there is air in the tank, and you have it turned off.
An ON/OFF has a lower flow rate than a tank without an ON/OFF, this reason isn't much of a difference but it has been shown to be true.

Russ
12-11-2001, 04:52 PM
An ON/OFF has a lower flow rate than a tank without an ON/OFF, this reason isn't much of a difference but it has been shown to be true.

OK, mac2k4, show me that data! I'm not trying to be a prick, but I often hear claims such as this, bit there is never any proof!

Myths, rumors and HYPE!

mac2k4
12-11-2001, 05:00 PM
i'm not sayin theres that much of a difference, but if ya think about it, theres a lota pressure, and w/ a valve bing in the on position and and air is running through there, then the valve used as an on/off can (slightly) restrict air flow....

Russ
12-11-2001, 05:20 PM
Whoa there, first you say that "it has been shown to be true"

Well, show me!
And I AM thinking about it. I'm just tired of heresay being passed off as truth. Please educate me on the various flow rates between tanks with and without on/offs.

Sorry if it seems that I'm coming off a bit harsh, but we, as players who care about our sport, need to do what we can to be honest about product claims. Heck, who knows, maybe the manufacturers will follow suit ;)

Saying that an air system has more flow because it does NOT have an on/off is false info, and shouldn't be repeated :eek: Myths, that's how myth's get started.

Manuel_FZR
12-11-2001, 05:34 PM
... definitely the Flatline 4.5k
because Qualitiy always shoots straight ;)

p8ntballa
12-11-2001, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Russ

MaxFlo's are nice. Pretty colors. I don't know about SmartParts customer service, though.

They have good customer service, except when you order something from them directly, they say they will call you back with the price, but that never happens, it just arrives. Very stable reg, even though it is a little on the heavy side, it has been my favorite tank since I started paintballing.

brett
12-11-2001, 07:53 PM
well im getting a sonic bushy maybe a emag extreme if they get nice reviews and ive heard that the flatlines dont work to good with a output pressure at 200psi so if im wrong that 4500 flatline will look good

Cliffio
12-11-2001, 08:11 PM
i dunno if u can really post saying that the flatline is that best or whatever, since they arent even out yet, its hard to say how good they are, not saying of course agd would ever release anything not up to par

Ni cD
12-11-2001, 10:46 PM
Max-Flow all the way! Babaw!!

:eek:NI:eek:

FeelTheRT
12-11-2001, 10:54 PM
Nitroduck tanks ain't high end enough for ya ?!

Muzikman
12-12-2001, 01:35 PM
Ok, here is my take on all this...

I am a die hard Air America fan, but do own other systems. Also, if the WDP AIR system used the same regulator design as the Angel LP reg and the Govinair reg, I would say it has terrible air flow. This is based on the graphs I saw for the Govinair reg recharge rate. The MaxFlow is a great reg, I got an older one, so it's big, heavy and kind of hard to work with. I have seen and played with the new version and it is pretty nice. I never had problems with the Nitro Duck systems performance wise, but I was turned off of them years ago by the looks and the way the mount to the gun (mostly by the mounting, as I usually care less about looks). As for the 4500 Flatline, as someone said, you can not say it's the greatest since it is not officially out yet. But I can say, AGD seems to know how to build a regulator and that being said, I am sure it will be a great system.

On a side note, did I read this right? Someone thinks that an on/off valve on an HPA system restricts air flow? All I have to say is, can I have some of what you are smoking:)

mitch
12-12-2001, 01:42 PM
centerflag hyper flow and dyna flow tanks are the best tanks ever made.

brett
12-12-2001, 02:38 PM
i would have had some more tanks in the pull but i can only get a discount on those
i have had some bad experences with nitroduck so there not in it
and nobody said anything yet if flatlines are good with a 200psi output?
i like the dyna and hyper flows but he doesnt carry any :(

also does anybody know what they weigh cause i wanna have a light setup but if the maxflows have better performance than it realy doesnt matter
thanks

Oregon_pb_
12-12-2001, 04:09 PM
I've always liked max flo's. Currently i run a 68 4500 with new carvings in blue on my Emag. Have had zero problems with it. IT was pretty spendy though.

I've had no experience with angel air.

The i didn't like the armageddon regulater set up. No quick on off, nothing really against the way it works i'd just prefer a quick on/off.

I would have bought a flatline since they work excellent but there are no 4500 psi systems out atm and i wanted 4500. They seem pretty light too.

mykroft
12-18-2001, 11:37 AM
The Max-Flow is an excellent setup. Just remember to get the HP springs if you are hooking it up to a Mag, otherwise it'll have touble getting a high enough output pressure. Conquests rock, but not high enough output pressure, I'm planning on getting one for my Defiant, along with the other MacDev Bushy parts (LPR, Valve, Frame and Gladiator reg.)

lonsch
12-18-2001, 11:49 AM
My friend has an angel air on his LCD. He has only had it a few months and in that time it has been rebuilt by warped sportz and it was rebuilt by WDP at World Cup. He says it is the worst tank he has ever used. He said it made his gun very inconsistent and had bad drop off. He now uses a screw in pmi 47 3000 until he can sell the AIR hahahaha

Right now I have a max-flow 68 3000 but im going to get a 4500 flat line as soon as they come out. They are very nice tanks. Small, light, good warranty And they will come with a rail mount. Yay! And yes i have used one along with an Extreem emag with ACE :)