PDA

View Full Version : MacroLine vs. Steele braided...

Shives
12-15-2005, 05:47 PM
I have always used steele braided line for all of my gear. I pretty much configured all of my stuff before Macro was around. Anyway, I just bought myself an EMag that had a bit of Macro going from the AIR to the tank (the gun did not incllude a tank). I then found a nice little AA (I think it is an Apoc.) tank that luckily enough had a 90 and a Macro fitting on it already. I thought I'd just leave it that way, but now I'm not so sure.
I realized that if I want to disconnect the tank, I need to either bleed it dry, or adjust the reg so ther eis no more output. W/ all of my older set-ups, I have on/offs, bleeds and quick-disconnects. Aside from weight, why is Macro such a big improvement? Is the ID that much bigger? Any thoughts on how to change my set-up to make unhooking the tank easier?

Thanks,
Shives

eric_503
12-15-2005, 06:28 PM
http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/4831/minionoff3kk.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

that should do it not sure if its macroline or steel line pretty sure its a macroline fitting

you might need a 90 degree fitting to screw that into tho it depends on your setup

Shives
12-15-2005, 09:03 PM
If that is for use w/ Macro, it would do the trick. I have a couple of those for steele braided. I guess I might be able to work one in between the tank the macro fitting. Then I'd just turn it off, and fire to bleed the air in the line.

I guess I'm looking for a reason to stick w/ the Macro instead if replacing it w/ braided.

Shives

eric_503
12-15-2005, 09:40 PM
your using an adjustable reg and cradle right? if you are all have alook to see what else i can find

paint magnet
12-15-2005, 11:26 PM
If that is for use w/ Macro, it would do the trick. I have a couple of those for steele braided. I guess I might be able to work one in between the tank the macro fitting. Then I'd just turn it off, and fire to bleed the air in the line.

I guess I'm looking for a reason to stick w/ the Macro instead if replacing it w/ braided.

Shives

Other than the fact that it won't scratch your gun, weight and simplicity would be about the only advantages. You only have to install the two fittings you have to have anyway to be able to easily disconnect a macroline, whereas with steel braid you're looking at the two ends of the hose plus elbows and both ends of a q/d.

Cheap macroline/fittings tends to blow out at higher pressures though.

paint magnet
12-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Oh yeah, it's also cheaper and available in multiple colors.

master_alexander
12-17-2005, 07:29 PM
i like macro, it wolnt scratch with excessive rubbing, bends better, its colored, and you can use it for all different lengths.