PDA

View Full Version : bolts

TefMag68
12-10-2001, 09:06 PM
What is the difference between a foamie and foamless bolt?? what are the advantages?? what is a foamie?

Xzion
12-11-2001, 01:10 AM
The foamy bolt has a boltface that consists of a foam, which is a bit gentler on paint as it pushes it into the barrel, the foamyless has a fixed stainless steel boltface on standard and long nose bolts, sort of in between the two is the superbolt, which has a derlin bolt face. From what ive heard, theres very little advantages between the foamy and foamyless bolt, the only bolt that has much of an advantage is a superbolt wich is a good deal lighter than stock bolts, causing less recoil of the 'marker and longer bolt open time allowing more time for the ball to drop into the breech and helping to prevent chopping paint, though the derlin sleeve on it is a 'wear part' meaning its designed to wear over time and intended to be replaced periodically. you can see/buy the superbolt by going to www.automags.org and clicking the link near upper portion of the page.

Long Nose Bolt|Standard Bolt|Foamy Bolt

Xzion
12-11-2001, 02:04 AM
Got a pic of the super bolt and link to it.

http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/superbolt_lg.jpg
Click Here To Buy Superbolt (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=12&CATID=6)

TefMag68
12-12-2001, 02:18 PM
thanx alot man i think I am gonna get the superbolt as soon as i get alittle bit of cash. Does AGD also sell the replacement derlin sleeves?? I don't wanna buy one unless i know that the sleeves are gonna be available cheap and easy. also what is the advantage of the sleeve? does it somehow lubricate the bolt and spring? thanx for the help

BlackVCG
12-12-2001, 02:22 PM
The sleeve replaces what would be stainless steel on the foamieless bolt, thus reducing the overall weight of the bolt. It MUST be used at all times. You can't take off the sleeve and use it without it. The sleeves should be cheap, but right now they need to get up to production on the bolt itself and then they'll start to put out replacement sleeves. It should last a year or more.

Manuel_FZR
12-12-2001, 04:22 PM
I still donīt know: Is the Superbolt a foamie or a hardnose bolt? Or are the two versions available?
When will i be able to buy the bolt and the nubbins in Germany?

Xzion
12-12-2001, 07:44 PM
The superbolts boltface is made of a high quality derlin, which is self lubricating, so you dont need to oil it, though, your not suppose to oil stainless steel bolts either but some people do *shrugs* anyhow, the derlin bolt face is softer than stainless steel, but harder than the foamy, look at the pic of the superbolt, you can see the bolt face is black, and the foamy bolt pictured on teh far right of the pic above, has a foam section that seats in the nose, where in the stainless steel bolts, the part that would be foam on the foamy, would be a solid stainless steel. both the superbolt and nubbins are available at the AGD online store, I think they may have a few left unless theyve sold out again, follow the link on the top right of this page.

Manuel_FZR
12-13-2001, 01:03 AM
Ok, thanks Xzion; now I looked a litle closer to the top of the delrin bolt!
But I think itīs not possible to ship the things that I want to buy in the online shop to Germany ... :(

the JoKeR
12-13-2001, 10:47 AM
Couple questions on the superbolt... First, I know the replacement sleeve is supposed to be cheap. Can anyone define cheap without making comments about my mom? $3.00 each, $10.00 each....? Second, I seem to recall that you need to use the plastic nubbins with it. True, false, up to the user? Last, any comments from anybody that has one as to it being worth the cash? I like the idea of more time to feed paint to avoid chops, but I like to spend $$ where I'll get the most bang for my buck!

headcase
12-13-2001, 10:51 AM
I haven't seen a price given yet for the replacement sleeves, may someone else knows, but I really don't think one has been released yet.

As far as the plastic nubbins, you have to use them with the superbolt, because the metal ones will cause faster wear to the sleeve. When you buy the superbolt, you get 6 plastics with it.

Can't help with performance yet, my superbolt is on the way, and I should have my E-mag at the end of next week.

later
SSDD

Xzion
12-13-2001, 07:20 PM
The superbolts are great, got one at the AGD Supertour, it reduced the recoil of my 'mag to the point where my Warp Feed wasnt feeding relibily, the only breaks I had with it were due to the warp not activating and feeding balls into the breech, though shooting it with the white primer button on my warp held down, I could really let em rip, certianly faster than with my stock/long nose bolts.

the JoKeR
12-13-2001, 09:01 PM
Without going to an intellifeed hookup with an intelliframe on my RT (which I don't have (YET)), how would I get the warp to feed reliably? Can it be set sensitive enough? Also, I've never had to touch the spacer (?) on my valve. Might this change with the new bolt?
Thanks for the info-

Xzion
12-14-2001, 12:26 AM
Well, the only way to guarentee the warp to spin 100% would be an intellifeed, though I did bring my warp (it wasnt working right inthe first place) in to agd during the AGD supertour, and had the board replaced, with the sensitivity set at its ligtest setting, it still wasnt feeding relyably, though, after finding this out while playing at coutnry club, I left the warp with JonAGD after country club, from speaking with JonAGD via telephone, he says hes gotten it working VERY sensitive now, if it doesnt work, im going to have to go with installing an intellifeed into my Z-Grip. If you install a superbolt, you may need to change your PT spacer, as your replacing a part wich -MAY- have slight enough difference between the two that -COULD- throw your current spacer setup out of whack, you'll have to try it, though if you dont have spacers on hand, I suggest you pick up a power tube spacer kit as well, theyre always nice to have on hand.

the JoKeR
12-14-2001, 07:18 AM
So basically, if I'm going to do this, I really should get the intelligrip and intellifeed the intelliwarp while intellipulling the intellitrigger.... oh, I could go on, but I won't! :rolleyes:

headcase
12-14-2001, 07:31 AM
Yes please don't.........:p

later
ssdd

Xzion
12-14-2001, 02:17 PM
I thought of this afterwards, your only other option would be to set your warp sensitivity so that your warp spins constantly, therefore not relying on the recoil to activate, as its always running, you could install an on/off switch to turn the warp easily off beteen games.

The only down side to that, is it will drain your batteries faster, though, is it really worth complaining about if it means reliable feeding?? your call, and who knows, my warp might just be acting acting up resulting in the unreliable feeding, ill have to see when I get my warp back from AGD.