PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't a spyder mag frame been made

garto
12-16-2005, 11:06 AM
Well I know we have a lot of people custom modding spyder frames onto their mags, I'm one of them (though mines a hack job). But why hasn't say Rogue or Logic made a frame specifically for this application. I can't imagine it would be all that hard as you would just need to modify their current frames to fit in the solenoid, sear, board and whatnot.
I know Logic is making the ultimate mag frame currently but that costs a lot (Though I'm sure its worth it if you had the money, I don't...). I think we need someone to just make a cheap spyder mag frame for us that only includes the solenoids (possibly from solenoidcity.com) and say the t-board for under 150. I haven't bought a new frame in quite a while besides that spyder frame but if Logic or Rogue made a quality frame to replace mine I'd jump on it real fast.
Also if any of you are thinking of actually making it, please make it the reverse solenoid method. I tried the sear modification method but it took forever and required the modification of the sear so that meant having to buy a back up.....Just a hassle, the reverse solenoid seems like itd be so much easier.
If anyone already makes these please let me know, and if anyone modifies spyder frames with a milling machine to fit mags the reverse solenoid method way then please let me know as well (I have an extra frame I want milled the reverse solenoid way...aka no hack job).

BigEvil
12-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Looky here (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1311586)

luke
12-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Thanks BE.

It's comming, soon, waiting on frames now. I'm not sure if I'll be selling frames out right or just offering the service to mod "yours". Perhaps both, stay tuned. :cheers:

BigEvil
12-16-2005, 11:58 AM
There are a lot of different variations you could do for this. T-board, Predator board, eye installs, ect.

There is alot of potential in this. I think people will eat up a nicely done, cheap eframe.

zackzel
12-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks BE.

It's comming, soon, waiting on frames now. I'm not sure if I'll be selling frames out right or just offering the service to mod "yours". Perhaps both, stay tuned. :cheers:

Sweet, what kind of price tag are we going to be looking at on these sub 200 by any chance?

luke
12-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Sweet, what kind of price tag are we going to be looking at on these sub 200 by any chance?

I don't really know until I do one, I don't have any idea how much time it takes. I have a Dragun TES and an ESP ordered so we'll know shortly.

If it's more than that I'll probably not pursue the project. ;)

garto
12-16-2005, 02:08 PM
well Luke I have a spare ESP coming in that I don't mind if you fool with. Mind giving it a one up first? It doesnt have a trigger but then again who needs a trigger to test it. Or it could be the first offical one you mod....Dunno Get back to me though because I would like it to be professionally milled and stuff and I've heard that you do good work.

Arstron
12-16-2005, 02:43 PM
luke, your frame is at the post office btw. ;)

I can modify the frame completly in less then 3 hours, but that doesnt include cleaning up my cuts and making everything smooth. With lukes machinary, I have no dought that he will get it done in a lot less time.

luke
12-16-2005, 02:54 PM
well Luke I have a spare ESP coming in that I don't mind if you fool with. Mind giving it a one up first? It doesnt have a trigger but then again who needs a trigger to test it. Or it could be the first offical one you mod....Dunno Get back to me though because I would like it to be professionally milled and stuff and I've heard that you do good work.

I have one on order already. :(
I will be offering the mod soon though... ;)

luke
12-16-2005, 02:56 PM
your frame is at the post office btw. ;)

Cool deal.

I can modify the frame completly in less then 3 hours, but that doesnt include cleaning up my cuts and making everything smooth. With lukes machinary, I have no dought that he will get it done in a lot less time.

Hope so.. :D

peewee
12-16-2005, 03:00 PM
I'd also be willing to send in my own esp frame & sear to get it done.

gortman44
12-16-2005, 03:15 PM
about 150, wait, not even that.... mine only took about 4 hours to do.

luke
12-16-2005, 03:24 PM
I have 2 frames in route to me, An ESP and a Dragun TES, so I'm not looking for any donors, sorry.

GT
12-16-2005, 07:12 PM
I always thought it would be easier to make the two sears and sell those.

Rudz
12-16-2005, 11:13 PM
luke, u are a god!!! and im first on pre order list, cuz technically i was buggin you abt this before these ideas even existed!!!! lol,

benzy2
12-17-2005, 01:02 AM
It would be really cool if a set of replacement sears was available modified. All you had to do would be pop out the spyder frames sear and pop out the mag sear and switch them with the news ones and then drill a single hole for the front frame screw. It wouldnt be the reversed noid way but how much easier could it get? You coud still offer eye installs and what not and if someone wanted a reversed noid done you could offer that as well. I personally feel capable of drilling the hole for the frame screw but I dont feel capable of modding a sear to the right dimentions or to hack up a frame enough to flip the noid.

warbeak2099
12-17-2005, 09:45 AM
It would be really cool if a set of replacement sears was available modified. All you had to do would be pop out the spyder frames sear and pop out the mag sear and switch them with the news ones and then drill a single hole for the front frame screw. It wouldnt be the reversed noid way but how much easier could it get? You coud still offer eye installs and what not and if someone wanted a reversed noid done you could offer that as well. I personally feel capable of drilling the hole for the frame screw but I dont feel capable of modding a sear to the right dimentions or to hack up a frame enough to flip the noid.

No, you also have to mill a channel in the top of the frame s the mag sear can drop in.

ThePixelGuru
12-17-2005, 12:50 PM
No, you also have to mill a channel in the top of the frame s the mag sear can drop in.
Still, modding the sear or flipping the 'noid are probably the toughest parts... Pre-modded sears would be pretty awesome.

Scott Hudnall
12-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Hey Luke - went to your website....pretty cool.

Do you perhaps think you could modify an intelliframe to accept the "spyder/mag" electronics?

If I supply an ESP frame and an intellframe, could you give me a quote on cost to mod it?

PM me if you have an idea.

I really just do not want a spyder grip frame on my mag.....

Thanks.

BTW, this is something I've considered that AGD should have been doing a long time ago when the ULT made it possible to use a set up like this.

luke
12-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Hey Luke - went to your website....pretty cool.

Do you perhaps think you could modify an intelliframe to accept the "spyder/mag" electronics?

If I supply an ESP frame and an intellframe, could you give me a quote on cost to mod it?

PM me if you have an idea.

I really just do not want a spyder grip frame on my mag.....

Thanks.

BTW, this is something I've considered that AGD should have been doing a long time ago when the ULT made it possible to use a set up like this.

I have an "undeveloped" idea for this exact thing, just not sure IF or when I'll get to it, sorry...