PDA

View Full Version : Osiris Cocker

Chris_automag_07
12-16-2005, 09:55 PM
Does anyone know if there is something wrong with these? i have seen them sell on ebay new for like 600 but from the company they are/were like 1200. Are these good.
ive read about them, and it looks good. True?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Like-NEW-Osiris-Autococker-e-cocker-eblade-marker-gun_W0QQitemZ7204596627QQcategoryZ47251QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

pachytriton
12-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Never seen one in person/shot one, but I'd stay away because they don't have eyes.

Automaggot68
12-16-2005, 10:16 PM
I knew some of the boyfriends,to the girls on Lady Osiris.
While i've never used one extensivley, he told me that his girlfriend's is always in peices on the coffee table.
He hated them.

ZEROte
12-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Never seen one in person/shot one, but I'd stay away because they don't have eyes.

thats a pretty dumb comment as how guns didnt have eyes for a very long time and people made due. guns can be made to shoot fast without chopping.its called a good hopper.

magman007
12-17-2005, 12:11 AM
first off, zerote whats up man! i didnt know that you= wc! miss ya buddy!

second off, the osiris pretty much sucks. Avoid it. if you want a cocker, get a nice karni or something, dont even bother with the osiris

Carbon
12-17-2005, 03:04 AM
well, they are cockers, practically relics.

warbeak2099
12-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Why particularly do they suck?

Skoad
12-17-2005, 09:46 AM
I'll find out soon, friend just bought one off ebay. Cept his was the turtle version with the rocker trigger....I think whats going to happen is something will get messed up and noone within 1000 miles will be able to fix it :)

mobsterboy
12-17-2005, 10:43 AM
I'll find out soon, friend just bought one off ebay. Cept his was the turtle version with the rocker trigger....I think whats going to happen is something will get messed up and noone within 1000 miles will be able to fix it :)

something will get messed up and noone within 1000 miles will WANT to fix it

just thought id correct your mistake there

fyi, i shoot my ebladed cocker at high rofs with no eyes and an egg and it did fine with its zero chops for the 1000 rounds i put through

slade
12-17-2005, 11:01 AM
the auction says it doesnt have a cocking rod, but it does in the picture :confused: maybe its unnecessary for the operation, and only for balancing the back block.

assuming the text is correct, im pretty sure i know how it works. one LPR cocks the marker, and the other drives a piston to hit the valve, instead of having a hammer. that means it needs a second solenoid, which im guessing is in the body where the hammer would be.

that sort of funny, i was just thinking of designing a marker like this a few weeks ago. it would reduce the reciprocating mass, but it requires a larger front block, and somewhat increased complexity.

id never buy one for full price or even $500, but if someone had a broken one for cheap, i dont think i could resist it. its pretty unique.

it also seemed like if you halfblocked it the weight of the bolt and backblock would be reduced, and since it would have no spring or hammer to push while recocking, in theory you could reduce the cocking pressure to the point where it would pinch even very fragile paint. of course, eyes still couldnt hurt...

*edit*

from auction: "I have never fired it and it appears to be NEW, but I don't know that for sure, so I am listing it in like NEW condition"

translation: its broken, but i dont want to reduce my chances of selling it :p

Mr. Mouse
12-17-2005, 02:37 PM
amazing gun, ive got the privledge to play one day with a guy who had one, and shot it, it shoots amazingly, and it never chopped, all in all i loved the gun i just dont like cockers because i had a bad experience with them =/

ThePixelGuru
12-17-2005, 05:00 PM
well, they are cockers, practically relics.
How is a 'cocker any more of a relic than an 'mag?

siloseven
12-17-2005, 05:20 PM
I thought they had a rocking trigger on them?

craltal
12-17-2005, 07:08 PM
I love when people who have absolutely no knowledge about things speak and and try to sound like the experts...

here's a link to the manufacturer's info page:
http://members.cox.net/pgipaintguns/page8.htm

from what I understand about them (I have never shot one, but was debating having a cocker upgraded to one and there by actually did a bunch of research on them) they work very well as long as you do not try to tinker with them. Most cocker owners who have problems try to tinker with them without knowing anything.

PGI owns the patent on rocking trigger frames (Kingman licensed their frame from PGI) and it is an option on the Osiris line

eaglejmb
12-19-2005, 10:18 PM
This complicated enough for ya?
PLEASE RESIZE PIC TO FORUM LIMITS! Army

I cant get it to work as of the moment just got it off ebay, doesnt look like its ever been in a game.

steimway
12-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Looks like someone got a little pinched. I did the same thing with my back block when I first got a cocker and was just fooling around with it.

FSU_Paintball
12-20-2005, 01:27 PM
thats a pretty dumb comment as how guns didnt have eyes for a very long time and people made due. guns can be made to shoot fast without chopping.its called a good hopper.

I don't think it's a dumb comment, and I don't know why you're being such an *** to him. Eyes were developed for a reason. As someone who has been playing since long before the invention of ACE, I can say that people "made do" without them but they'd much rather be with them. Even fast hoppers bobble the last few balls and drop them late.

I never buy blind guns any more. It's one more thing that keeps me from chopping. And if the eyes were ever to break, I could just turn them off and "make do" again, but I'd much rather have the option than ALWAYS be without.

In regards to the Osiris, I'd stay away too. If I recall correctly, the reason they don't have eyes is because they don't really need them... I think that 2nd LPR allows you to never worry about your bolt cutting paint in half. But I'd much rather have a gun that can see paint and prevent dry shots than one that pinches the ball, then releases, then closes the breech again, then shoots. Also, it's a cocker. And has more hoses than most. Screw that crap. $600 can buy you a LOT on the used market these days, don't bother with that thing.

slade
12-20-2005, 04:36 PM
This complicated enough for ya?
[IMG]freaking HUGE picture, get this guy a copy of photoshop ASAP[IMG]
nope, got anything a bit more challenging? :p

eaglejmb
01-04-2006, 10:59 AM
I uploaded the pic big on purpose to show detail and i did use photoshop on the pic, it was even bigger, original pic was 3mb. Canon Rebel XT's rock.

OneEyedPimp
01-04-2006, 11:09 AM
I uploaded the pic big on purpose to show detail and i did use photoshop on the pic, it was even bigger, original pic was 3mb. Canon Rebel XT's rock.

Here is a question for you: how does the hammer/ram/whatever is in the lower tube reset? It looks like it is only pushed foward.

slade
01-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Here is a question for you: how does the hammer/ram/whatever is in the lower tube reset? It looks like it is only pushed foward.
? there isnt a hammer at all. its probably just a single action ram with a spring return, 3-way solenoid. it could also be a 4-way solenoid and double action ram, with pneumatic extention and return.