PDA

View Full Version : Original Automag R/T problem/ question

SHAG
12-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Hi,

I recently acquired an original Automag R/T from a local. It had a problem of runaway. This is what I did so far to narrow down the problem.

Marker set up
Original R/T w/ level 7 bolt set up
Crossfire HP 800 PSI output tank

Wear to the components.
This marker needed a bit of TLC due to some hits on the marker itself. Sear looks clean and sharp. The bolt has some wear but not to bad. .750 on/off pin.

Replaced all seals. Oiled and greased seals and springs.

Checked and measure original on off pin. Why? I had an X valve with a short pin and had the same problem. Called AGD and they sent out a "stock" on off pin. Problem solved. This case original on off pin was .745" From all indications the pin was supposed to be .750. AGD techs said the .745 should have nothing to do with it and it will be a seal. My solution was to change out the pin to .750 or even to .755 to clam down the problem.

Result. The valve has become less runaway in the trigger compared to when I first recieved the R/T. However, I can still sweet spot the trigger. the difference between the 750 and 755 was very mininal.

I have never owned the original R/T. The ones I have seen seemed to shoot similar to the E mags, Retro Valves, and X valves. (I have owned all three!) From the reading the manual on line and watching the video, input pressure should really be around 700 PSI.

Are the original R/Ts really that finkey when it comes to input pressures? That extra 100 PSI really makes that much of a difference?

Are the original triggers really that senstive beyond 700 PSI?

Thanks for the answers,
Alan

athomas
12-19-2005, 10:51 AM
The original RT Classic valves required a .765" pin. The .750" pin would still be a bit short.

Is your valve a classic RT or an early RT pro with a retro valve?

SHAG
12-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Hey,

The original RT Classic valves required a .765" pin. The .750" pin would still be a bit short.

Is your valve a classic RT or an early RT pro with a retro valve?

I have the original R/T Valve. Not an early pro. Thanks for the tid bit on the .765 pin cause the AGD tech I spoke with on the phone was totally off. As a matter of fact and with that info, BlackVGC was off at .750 as well with his spec sheet. Maybe I can get the AGD to make a swap for me on the .755 pin I have. Anyone else have anything to add to this?

***EDIT*** Here is more interesting info. I finally got my intelliframe from a sale on AO. I drilled the banjo bolt hole for the frame. So I install and check for binding. Nothing. Everything appears to be perfect. So I finish up the assembly and then air up the R/T. Shoots fine no leaks. Then I also noticed the marker actually shoots better with the reactive feeling in the trigger but no runaway. It was pretty hard to find the sweet spot. IOW, feels like and R/T should AGD like not Tippmann like. It's very wierd but feels "safer" than before. No runaway and this is all happening on the .750 on off pin. Don't know why or what but staying with this until I get the L10 kit installed plus maybe a ULT mod. The ult will have to wait until after the holidays then to paintball maxx for the work. Need to have the on off area bored out a bit.

Later,
Alan