PDA

View Full Version : Dragun-Mag mini video

Arstron
12-18-2005, 08:30 PM
I used up a tank of air tweaking on my dwell settings and eye settings (using vballs), then I get ready to start shooting the video and my newly zboarded evolution quits working. After an hour of trying to fix it, I got frusterated and decided just to go ahead and shoot the video. I have a full minute of me dry firing, but due to my website limits and to make it more download friendly, I just cut out a 10 second strip at the end of it. I will try and get one with paint latter on.

http://webpages.charter.net/arstron/dragun-mag.mpg

BigEvil
12-18-2005, 09:14 PM
Classic valve eh? I did one of those. I cant really tell from the video, but it sounds like the sear isnt resetting fast enough. I had teh same problem with mine. I added more shims to the ult and it was much better. (Still not as fast as teh xvavle though)

pachytriton
12-18-2005, 09:20 PM
what trigger is that? I'm gonna have to do this mod sometime.

wanna-b-ballin'
12-18-2005, 09:23 PM
whats up with the feedneck?

i thought you needed a ult for that mod; how did you get the classic valve to work so well?

Arstron
12-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Classic valve eh? I did one of those. I cant really tell from the video, but it sounds like the sear isnt resetting fast enough. I had teh same problem with mine. I added more shims to the ult and it was much better. (Still not as fast as teh xvavle though)

I belive I had my dwell just a little to high still. I decided to keep it a little higher becuse I was having some problems with bolt stick earlier due to the dwell being to low. In parts of the video (not sure if it was that segment), I could hear my trigger clicking between shots, not very offten mind you. I had the dwell set on 27 I belive, I cant rember for sure right now.

what trigger is that? I'm gonna have to do this mod sometime.

That is one of lukes hyper frame triggers, works great on a dragun frame, you just have to drill out the pin hole slightly. :D

Arstron
12-18-2005, 09:29 PM
whats up with the feedneck?

i thought you needed a ult for that mod; how did you get the classic valve to work so well?

It does have a ULT in the valve and it works great. The classic valve works great until around (roughly) 15 bps, and the shoot down isnt that noticable then. Since I shoot at the max of 13 bps, I never should see any shoot down. :D

I didnt tighten the feedneck after pulling the egg off, I was pretty aggrivated at that point.

68magOwner
12-18-2005, 09:48 PM
.....do you seriously shoot like that? (tank on left shoulder, left and on foregrip, right hand walking?

Scott Hudnall
12-18-2005, 09:50 PM
great video clip. Thanks for sharing that with us!

Arstron
12-18-2005, 10:02 PM
.....do you seriously shoot like that? (tank on left shoulder, left and on foregrip, right hand walking?

In all honesty, I hardly ever walk the trigger at all. If I am on then left side of a bunker then yes I shoot just like that, on a left side of bunker (usualy), I shoot the same but on my right sholder. My left hand just doesnt work as good....

tyrion2323
12-18-2005, 10:05 PM

seconded - yikes, dude!

Arstron
12-19-2005, 11:50 AM
seconded - yikes, dude!

Whats wrong with shooting that way anyway? I did it just for the video, but it is how I usualy shoot on the left side of a bunker.

68magOwner
12-19-2005, 03:18 PM
i guess im just so used to shooting left handed out of the left side of a bunker, and right handed out of the right. And typically, if i see people who cant use both hands, the cradle the marker with the left hand and shoot with the right. THe form demonstrated in the vid just struck me as odd because i havent really seen it/looks ungodly uncomfortable. I cant imagine someone effictivley snapping like that. But, not going to get into an argument about how to shoot "right", you do waht you want.

Chris_automag_07
12-19-2005, 06:01 PM
..................you shoot funny :tard: ( its ok though) how exactly do you shoot?