PDA

View Full Version : Russian Legion signs with Smart Parts!

WARPED1
12-19-2005, 02:50 PM
COOL! Another kick butt team under the SP banner!

It is now official. This is the press release. Good luck to the legion next year!!

Russian Legion Signs

The best team in Europe hopes to become the best team in the world--and they'll be using Smart Parts' markers, barrel and air systems to reach their goal. The two year contract starts with the 2006 season and runs through the 2007 World Cup. The Russians will shoot the Shocker and Freak Barrel System--both of which will be powered by the new Max-Flo Micro 4500 preset air system. A private label "RL" shocker along with other team related items are in development for the 2006 season. In addition, the Russian Legion Club has become an Authorized Distributor of Smart Parts' products in the former Soviet Union.

“We're very pleased to sponsor the Russian Legion. We love their total dedication to the sport--it fits perfectly with our attitude about paintball. Along with the Philadelphia Americans and Team Dynasty, we proud to support three of the best paintball team in the world.”

--William Gardner, President, Smart Parts, Inc.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Chance_K_J/SPA/minibanner2.gif

The Action Figure
12-19-2005, 02:54 PM
ok...

WenULiVeUdiE
12-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Angels to Freestyles to Timmys to Shockers. What's next!?

SCpoloRicker
12-19-2005, 03:10 PM
*insert* generic anti-SP comment */insert*

*insert* generic AO is full of bias comment */insert*

Good for RL, I guess.

WARPED1
12-19-2005, 03:19 PM
Angels to Freestyles to Timmys to Shockers. What's next!?
When did they use Freestyles? I missed that..........

pachytriton
12-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Not sure exactly when they were shooting freestyles, but here's a pic.
http://www.icdpaintball.com/_newsite_/gfx/markers/russian_legion.jpg

I can't wait to see the rl shocker

wanna-b-ballin'
12-19-2005, 03:26 PM
william gardner needs to work on his speaking skills.

bunny5
12-19-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm waiting for people to complain about RL signing with smartparts. If someone offered you alot ofmoney to play paintball what would you do?

:D

rkjunior303
12-19-2005, 03:55 PM
I don't think the RL Freestyles ever made it out of the gate.. From what I remember, Simon was designing them (or had a part in it??) but they never actually switched to them during the season.

I could be dead-wrong, though.

slade
12-19-2005, 04:11 PM
I don't think the RL Freestyles ever made it out of the gate.. From what I remember, Simon was designing them (or had a part in it??) but they never actually switched to them during the season.

I could be dead-wrong, though.
im pretty sure thats what happened. im not sure if they used them or not, but i know they never were production like the ND.

i wish they had stayed with timmys :(. but then again, id shoot a shocker if i was paid to do so... :p not like thats ever happening.

AGDlover
12-19-2005, 04:29 PM
a few of them still used freestyle when others were useing their timmys

Troen
12-19-2005, 05:42 PM
edit: smart parts and dye

Troen
12-19-2005, 05:49 PM
it sucks though...they're just another team that sold out to smart parts, so now there wont be any actual rivalry between RL, Dynasty, Philli Americans, and Strange...so its ganna be all those teams against trauma, i believe.

-=Squid=-
12-19-2005, 05:56 PM
oh ya, kick BUTT guys!!!

magman007
12-19-2005, 05:58 PM
its all those teams vs trauma, legacy, and assasins, lets face it, sp owns the majority of the nxl teams.

ramennoodles
12-19-2005, 05:59 PM
I just wish they would sign to a better uniform designer. I've always hated their look.

Troen
12-19-2005, 06:00 PM
nxl changed their rules, russian legion is now entered in the psp and nppl events. smart parts owns just about all the teams in nppl in the pro division except for trauma, legacy, bob long assasin, stoned assasins, naughty dogs and infamous.

SpecialBlend2786
12-19-2005, 06:22 PM
its all those teams vs trauma, legacy, and assasins, lets face it, sp owns the majority of the nxl teams.

yep.

Dye had Trauma and legacy right? Legacy under the proto banner of course, but still dye?

punkncat
12-19-2005, 07:37 PM
I can't really see that it matters what you shoot nowdays. All the modern versions of all the true top end markers perform evenly with the only limitations being hopper speed and what the paint will withstand.

I would shoot a Spyder if they would pay for my game.

NukeGoose
12-19-2005, 07:57 PM
nxl changed their rules, russian legion is now entered in the psp and nppl events. smart parts owns just about all the teams in nppl in the pro division except for trauma, legacy, bob long assasin, stoned assasins, naughty dogs and infamous.
The only teams out of those that are actually in the NPPL Pro division are the Assassins [BL], Infamous and the Naughty Dogs...

The only SP teams in the NPPL Pro divison are Dynasty and the London Tigers [I think Sedition also shot Shockers, but I don't know if their contract extends through this year].

And why is everyone saying that it will be SP teams v. other teams? The equipment that a team uses , as compared to what their opponents are using, doesn't really influence how they feel about each other. Take JT's top two sponsored teams... XSV and Dynasty. Every time they step onto the field there's bloodshed. Many of them are friends off the field but when a professional player steps onto the field there is one thing that he's thinking about above all - winning.

BigEvil
12-19-2005, 08:18 PM
And yet another reason not to follow pro paintball :rofl:

QFT

:hail:

11 Bravo
12-19-2005, 08:22 PM

Amen!

warbeak2099
12-19-2005, 08:23 PM
Oh well, I still have Avalanche, NYX, Joy Division, and London Nexus. NE Hurricanes are cool too. I feel safe that at least 3 of those teams won't go to SP.

Mind'sEye
12-19-2005, 08:24 PM

Why bother? RL will be virtually unstoppable now. ;)

Scott Hudnall
12-19-2005, 08:27 PM
and isn't RL out of Boston now?

pachytriton
12-19-2005, 08:46 PM
They're technically the "Boston Red Legion" in the NXL, but that's in name only. I think it had to do with some trademark/legal issues or NXL rules, I forget. But no, they're still very much Russian.

magman007
12-19-2005, 08:53 PM
the thing about the nxl, is that 90% of the teams, never actually play in the city or near the city that they represent, its kinda like the ny giants not playing in NY any where, they play in jersey.

Sd legacy i think is the only team actually based near sd, trauma is all N/SC, miami effect doesnt play near miami much, philly americans are actually based closer to pittsburgh than anything, its all a marketing scheme.

NukeGoose
12-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Oh well, I still have Avalanche, NYX, Joy Division, and London Nexus. NE Hurricanes are cool too. I feel safe that at least 3 of those teams won't go to SP.
KappaLanche broke up, Ed is selling the spot.

SHAG
12-19-2005, 09:06 PM
the thing about the nxl, is that 90% of the teams, never actually play in the city or near the city that they represent, its kinda like the ny giants not playing in NY any where, they play in jersey.

Sd legacy i think is the only team actually based near sd, trauma is all N/SC, miami effect doesnt play near miami much, philly americans are actually based closer to pittsburgh than anything, its all a marketing scheme.

IOW, it's another pathetic attempt to make paintball look like a major league sports team. Give it that home town feel and pro recognition. Except no one really cares outside the paintball community. I have strong feelings about the whole thing in general when it comes to tourney ball. I rather not get into it cause I have learned some people like it and some people don't. I play one tourney a year(Owners Group). The rest of the time go to big games.

Later,
Alan

68magOwner
12-19-2005, 09:15 PM
could have been covered *didnt read thread*, but, no, RL never used freestyles, in fact, there are only 3 RL freestyles in existance, none of which were used by RL.

minimag03
12-19-2005, 09:47 PM
I'd like to see RL's own Shocker. I have always liked their style of markers.

SpitFire1299
12-20-2005, 12:14 AM
Some dont even care inside the paintball community either :cheers:
:rofl: nice.

SHAG
12-20-2005, 07:33 AM
Some dont even care inside the paintball community either :cheers:

Can I guess the people who care???

Smart Parts and the little kiddies with thier agg gats on PBN?

Ding Ding Ding Ding

What does he win Kent?

Well Bob, Shaggy wins a new in the box RL Shocker from Smart Parts. A mac daddy Max Flo air system and a training session with the RL themselves.

LOL

Later,
Alan

NukeGoose
12-20-2005, 11:56 AM
That's great that you guys don't care about SP signing RL / pro paintball in general / whatever... but, is it really necessary to have 10 posts saying so? I don't come into threads about Automags to say that I don't shoot one, and why would I post in the DevilMag thread to say that I wasn't getting one? I enjoy playing recreational soccer, but I won't be going onto a soccer message board to state that I'm not following the UEFA cup.

National wasn't threating the Russians very well from what I hear, and Smart Parts is a great sponsor. I hope that they do well in this upcoming year.

camilion705
12-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Well Bob, Shaggy wins a new in the box RL Shocker from Smart Parts. A mac daddy Max Flo air system...

RL Shocker... I'de like to see that! (But not the price tag)

phantomhitman
12-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Many of them are friends off the field but when a professional player steps onto the field there is one thing that he's thinking about above all - winning.

name one other pro sport were players are nice to each other?!

MicroMiniMe
12-20-2005, 02:07 PM

Rugby, the game where you grind an opponents face into your knee, and then buy him drinks afterwards.

/Is Tiddly Winks considered a 'pro' sport yet?

Lohman446
12-20-2005, 02:27 PM

On the field or off? Because off the field in many many sports people are at least civil to each other.

WARPED1
12-20-2005, 02:41 PM
That's great that you guys don't care about SP signing RL / pro paintball in general / whatever... but, is it really necessary to have 10 posts saying so? I don't come into threads about Automags to say that I don't shoot one, and why would I post in the DevilMag thread to say that I wasn't getting one? I enjoy playing recreational soccer, but I won't be going onto a soccer message board to state that I'm not following the UEFA cup.

National wasn't threating the Russians very well from what I hear, and Smart Parts is a great sponsor. I hope that they do well in this upcoming year.
I agree, settle down you AO Zombies!

rkjunior303
12-20-2005, 02:42 PM

What happens at the end of EVERY NFL football game? Both sides join up and shake hands.

And for the record, ANYONE here would take the money and run. HELL, if Smart Parts paid to play with a SLING SHOT, ya'all would go running. You can talk about having "morals" and you wouldn't do such a thing, but when that check is in front of you and you start counting the zeros that go along with the contract -- it's ALOT harder to say no.

Lohman446
12-20-2005, 02:45 PM
What happens at the end of EVERY NFL football game? Both sides join up and shake hands.

And for the record, ANYONE here would take the money and run. HELL, if Smart Parts paid to play with a SLING SHOT, ya'all would go running. You can talk about having "morals" and you wouldn't do such a thing, but when that check is in front of you and you start counting the zeros that go along with the contract -- it's ALOT harder to say no.

What's your point? :D Chances are I would never sign a contract with SP to play.

/Or anyone else for that matter
//Mostly because it will never be offered
/// :cry:

NukeGoose
12-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Remember that paintball is still a very small sport compared to most... there aren't that many top-level teams, and many players have played with a lot of players that are now on other teams (Many of the current big name players played at one point for the SC Ironmen, Bob's Ironmen, Shock, Image, Avalanche... old pro teams) and most of them live in one area of the country (California) and see each other often at practices, where in other pro sports the teams have their own private practice facilities and most players only play for a few teams during their career. There's also a lot more mingling at a 5-day tournament involving every pro team than there is during a mainstream pro season (where a team flies in, warms up, plays a 3-hour game, and leaves).

rkjunior303
12-20-2005, 02:47 PM
What's your point? :D

No point. I didn't bother to read the whole thread and I just went on instinct saying that the majority of AO that responded had something to say like the following: "Oh the nerve!! Smart Parts is EVIL!!!"

I'd take the money in a heartbeat.

GT
12-20-2005, 03:02 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I would to, the only problem is "pro" paintball doesnt pay enough. I would have to sell my house to go "pro."

phantomhitman
12-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Exactly my point, off the field the guys are fine. In EVERY single sport the arguements happen. Before and after games fights are a problem, wether its football or basketball. Things get even more heated when money and team pride are on the line. Paintball players do the same thing after every tourney (from local events to pro events), line up and shake hands, say congrats to the other guys, and then you pack up and go home. So I think the real question is "What is wrong with mankind", and not what is wrong with paintball. Atheletic events have always been, and will always be, sorrounded in controversy.

Duzzy
12-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Nah, they only shake hands in paintball so they can count all of the skids from wiping... ;)

WARPED1
12-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Doc's Raiders becomes Miami Raiders NXL Franchise

Entering the NXL's revamped professional league for the 2006 season, are the Miami Raiders. In an agreement reached between Bill Gardner, Miami's team owner, and Dr. Stephen Draper, Doc's Raiders team owner, a new team will be formed to compete both in the NXL and NPPL paintball series. The Miami Raiders will be comprised of players from Doc's Raiders as well as former Detriot Strange players. The Jacksonville Raiders team remains in tact and will serve as a farm team to the new franchise by competing in the Division-1 leagues of the PSP and NPPL.

Bill Gardner will retain ownership of the team while Dr. Stephen Draper will assume the GM and coaching responsibilities for the new organization. The team will alternate practices between state-of-the-art paintball facilities in Jacksonville, FL and Smart Parts' All-American Paintball Park in Western Pennsylvania.

“We've sponsored Doc's Raiders for three years now--both Stephen and his team are a class act. They've done an excellent job of representing Smart Parts. The team has also improved each year and been highly competitive in every division they've entered. In a lot of ways, they remind me of Team Strange when they were coming up--talented, dedicated and team oriented. We wish them continued success in the NXL and NPPL.”

--Bill Gardner, President, Smart Parts, Inc.

Let's see now, Philly Americans, Miami Raiders, Detroit Strange, Russian Legion, and Dynasty. I'd say an SP teams stands a good chance of winning NXL in 06, even with the new 15 teams in it. :)

pachytriton
12-23-2005, 12:20 AM
The only good thing I can hope for is that Smart Parts will use their $$$ to push for televised tournies for advertising.

Evil Bob
12-23-2005, 02:49 AM
No point. I didn't bother to read the whole thread and I just went on instinct saying that the majority of AO that responded had something to say like the following: "Oh the nerve!! Smart Parts is EVIL!!!"

Actually, you should have read the whole thread, there was very little of that going on, most just talked about how the teams are playing out now that SP sponsors the majority of them.

-Evil Bob

NewbieMagMan10988
12-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Honestly, WHO CARES! So what if team X shoots gun Y from company Z. What it boils down to is this, a bunch of people are flinging round goop filled balls at each other. Doesn’t really matter who gives them gear and money. As long as the people are having fun, IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO YOUR SPONSER IS.
Just my $0.02
Mike

WARPED1
12-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Just interesting PSP news for 06.

slade
12-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Doesn’t really matter who gives them gear and money. As long as the people are having fun, IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO YOUR SPONSER IS.
if sponsors dont matter and no one pays attention to them, players dont get sponsored... there goes pro paintball.

(*waits for wails of distress*... oh wait, this is AO. *waits for resounding cheers*)

NewbieMagMan10988
12-23-2005, 07:41 PM
if sponsors dont matter and no one pays attention to them, players dont get sponsored... there goes pro paintball.

(*waits for wails of distress*... oh wait, this is AO. *waits for resounding cheers*)

True, im just saying, I like playing paintball, and im not sponserd, and i have fun. If you pull pro paintball out of the equation, im still haveing fun playing paintball. IDk, whatever

Mike

NewbieMagMan10988
12-23-2005, 07:50 PM
lol, Thanks
Two hails and a dancing banana for you! :hail: :hail: :dance:

Mike