PDA

View Full Version : A little BS

buzzboy
12-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Not sure if this has already been discussed(I haven't seen it) but I was reading kingmans site and I saw their new anti chop bolt thingy. They boast that it is the "Worlds First True AntiChop Bolt. Eliminates the need for eyes"

Just a guess but didn't the LVL 10 come out first. And even so, does the spyder ACS even work. It doesn't seem like it would

mag88888
12-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Yeah i read about that a long time ago, i had the same thoughts. Darn Kingman! Oh well our mech anti-chop bolt is better than theirs. Any 10 year old kid couldve thought of that idea just nto put it into production. Hrmmmmmm...a spring that compresses...

onedude36
12-20-2005, 08:41 PM
1 lvl 10 came out first
2 Jam made that same bolt before kingman. Maybe not exactly the same, but waaaaayyy to similar to be a coinkydink.
3 id still rather have eyes than lvl 10 or this bolt.

Cow hunter
12-20-2005, 08:44 PM
lol i work on spyder locally..... their "anti chop" is TOTAL BS i have never seen a gun chop EVERY ball until now....... another thing they claim "26 bps" on their fenix and another one..... i tried it..... i call 17bps tops.....

mag88888
12-20-2005, 08:48 PM
lol i work on spyder locally..... their "anti chop" is TOTAL BS i have never seen a gun chop EVERY ball until now....... another thing they claim "26 bps" on their fenix and another one..... i tried it..... i call 17bps tops.....

WOW!, 17 bps on a spyder?

neppo1345
12-20-2005, 08:57 PM
God i wish i had patented that a long time ago when I came up with it... :(

I have one drawing on MS paint from sophmore year of high school - 3 years ago -
I also have a prototype I made for my cocker... from the stock bolt around the same time...

I figured it'd never catch on at all...god am I kicking myself in the *** now...

I'll snap a few pics of the prototype whenever I get the chance...it's rough, but with the right stiffness of spring works well...

slade
12-20-2005, 09:47 PM

I have one drawing on MS paint from sophmore year of high school - 3 years ago -
I also have a prototype I made for my cocker... from the stock bolt around the same time...

I figured it'd never catch on at all...god am I kicking myself in the *** now...

I'll snap a few pics of the prototype whenever I get the chance...it's rough, but with the right stiffness of spring works well...
well, its likely the jam bolt was out or at least in prototype even before that.

usually many people think of designs but only a few market them. i came up with a pneumatic trigger design pretty much like a pneumag way back when i had my spyder, before i even knew mags existed. that was years ago. i just didnt know what parts id need exactly to make it. and itd be much harder to make than a pneumag anyway.

and mag888888... you know spyders are theoretically capable of ~40 bps, right?

mag88888
12-20-2005, 09:47 PM

this interests me, how did you come about actually making it? actually works in your gun or just a bolt that you modified and is sitting around?

slade
12-20-2005, 09:50 PM
this interests me, how did you come about actually making it? actually works in your gun or just a bolt that you modified and is sitting around?
how did he make it? lathe and drill press :p that what you were looking for?

Cow hunter
12-20-2005, 10:35 PM
WOW!, 17 bps on a spyder?
what i meant was the trigger frame(rocking w/ so-so light stocktrigger)....... w/o a body on it..... really hate it..... kinda funny when they try to show off their "super fast spyder elektra"..... then i pull out the mag and tell them it costs about 5 times as much as theirs :clap:

WARPED1
12-20-2005, 10:43 PM
1 lvl 10 came out first
2 Jam made that same bolt before kingman. Maybe not exactly the same, but waaaaayyy to similar to be a coinkydink.
3 id still rather have eyes than lvl 10 or this bolt.
I concur...........

Chris_automag_07
12-20-2005, 11:46 PM
what kind of mag do you have cow hunter?...pics.? btw 5 times the base electra cost is almost 1700 dollars......must be a nice mag!!

Troen
12-20-2005, 11:52 PM
hes from ct, he got the money (zmag :tard: )

Chris_automag_07
12-21-2005, 12:02 AM
heh....this mag lets the elves ride on the paint to guide it in the right direction.....the ELV mag. what a wonderful creation.

neppo1345
12-21-2005, 12:17 AM

I took a stock cocker bolt...milled the sides, made a nylon carrier to fit into the spring, and put a pin across the back to hold it under compression.

It worked decently (noticed reduction in chops, but not a stop completely), I've played with it several times.

1. it needs a longer slot
2. slot needs filed down and aligned better
3. needs lighter spring

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/neppo1345/DCP00844.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/neppo1345/DCP00845.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/neppo1345/DCP00847.jpg

Cow hunter
12-21-2005, 07:04 AM
what kind of mag do you have cow hunter?...pics.? btw 5 times the base electra cost is almost 1700 dollars......must be a nice mag!!
since when did elektra the cost $340?? :nono: $140x5=700.... new RT ULE costs 537 + 150 for a Z grip thats 687..... hmmmm close enough? if you really want to push it you could add the tank and hopper.... that adds about 170 making the total $857

i also meant new off the shelf price.... i paid $300 for mine and got the Z grip for free then the tank and hopper came with my micro that i got for $370

MarkM
12-21-2005, 07:23 AM
If you want to be really accurate the the spring loaded Slingshot bolt for the cocker predates by several years the Jam bolt (which was for sale over 3 years ago btw) I seem to recall it had a letter and number designation too, something like a G7 or G1 or something close.

TheTramp
12-21-2005, 12:55 PM
I don't know about Kingman's bolt do I do know that the JAM bolt which they took the idea from works well. Nothing stops all ball breakage but the JAM bolt does a pretty good job. I've used one in a Spyder, TheOne, and Intimidator (with eyes off). I saw it stop on balls in each gun. Obviously the best way to stop chops is to use a good loader bt this bolt design works pretty well.

The Action Figure
12-21-2005, 01:01 PM
kingman lies :argh:

master_alexander
12-21-2005, 01:15 PM
the acs my friends has sucks.

i love spyders. fun to screw with. but the acs bolt doesent do annything for me.

but that cocker bolt is genius.

Chris_automag_07
12-21-2005, 01:58 PM
i know how mucjh an rt costs....i have one. but i didnt pull that number out of my a**. here you go mang.

http://www.kingman.com/section/emarker/guns/electra_05/index.html

329.99 ?.....x 5= 1640.95 = almost 1700.00

;)

+ their 5 tanks + their 5 hoppers.

Cow hunter
12-21-2005, 03:38 PM
i know how mucjh an rt costs....i have one. but i didnt pull that number out of my a**. here you go mang.
http://www.kingman.com/section/emarker/guns/electra_05/index.html
329.99 ?.....x 5= 1640.95 = almost 1700.00
;)
+ their 5 tanks + their 5 hoppers.
pull numbers out my *** i do not.......
http://www.anythingxtreme.com/Spyder-Electra-Paintball-Guns-P9259C2906.aspx?AFID=21
$199 x 5 =$995.......
ok still higher than my guesstimate but NOT $1700..... BTW msrp is not real selling price.....

Chris_automag_07
12-21-2005, 05:28 PM
you metioned the trigger i believe.....just a second i will qoute you... the "rocking trigger ?"...yeah you said it...now if you want to see the price of the new electra that actually has the rocking trigger here it is. .... is 250...(you were right about the msrp) here is the right model.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=fdXezDhVVRbebHv8q9MeZDKBdfgbBXqJPfw=?Pro ductID=HmPAqArbeOYAAAEDao2PrM0s

what i meant was the trigger frame(rocking w/ so-so light stocktrigger)....... w/o a body on it..... really hate it..... kinda funny when they try to show off their "super fast spyder elektra"..... then i pull out the mag and tell them it costs about 5 times as much as theirs