PDA

View Full Version : Sear Problem (RT?)

Narizo
12-20-2005, 10:36 PM
Okay so heres the deal... I know a little about stock mags and even littler about mag upgrades. I started with a 68 classic and began upgrading for a while. I started out with and xvalve and an intelliframe about a year ago. And about 2 months ago I bougt an agd flatline tank. Anywho it was all good until about a month and a half ago when I bought a ule body and a tuna rail. I was also told I would need an rt sear and pin so I bought these. Anywho, I installed everything, looked amazing! but the sear wasn't catching. I brought it to my local shop beings I was confused as to why it wasn't catching. It turns out that it's just a standard sear that I got (I'm not sure what the difference is between the standard and rt sear. If anyone has pictures of the difference that would be great!) The guy called me the other day and told me that I would need an emag sear? - differing from what I was originally told.

Anyway, any imput on this would be great?

~Thanks,

Stephen

Ole Unka Phil
12-20-2005, 10:52 PM
They look similar. Cept for a small bushing in the RT. But if you attached the sear pin for the RT to the rail then you do need that one. It screws in. The regular sear is just a pin that sits in a slot.

There are pictures of both these on the AGD site.

But if your RT 'pin" worked then its an RT sear and pin you need. Why don't you just check with TUNA about that rail to be sure? He would know... he sold it to you.

Your problem more likely is that you need a different On Off pin. You probably need a RT on off pin length. So its not catching because if the difference in the relationship of the Valve to the rail. Tuna can get you one of those too... Go up and review the different On Off pin lengths posted right above here in a sticky thread.... that will give you an idea of what your dealing with I should think. And even if you had one close it could have snapped. And you need to measure what you got, make sure its still right, and replace it if not. Those sears rarely go bad. More often its the On Off pin...