PDA

View Full Version : palmers sideline stabalizer?

gortman44
12-20-2005, 11:51 PM
i was wondering what one would do to my gun... I ask because my pump was frezing over because of the 12 grams, and you guys where saying use a sideline stabalizer. I was wondering what it would do for that...

thanks Blake

pachytriton
12-21-2005, 12:55 AM
it'll keep the liquid c02 out of the valve as good as anything, probably most freeze ups and making your gun more consistant.

gortman44
12-21-2005, 12:18 PM
so i guess it is worth the $75 bucks

Muzikman
12-21-2005, 12:28 PM
If you want to keep liquid CO2 out of the gun, the Stab is the way to go. The side winder is nice because it screws into the side of the valve, but depending on your setup, a male or female might be a better choice.

GT
12-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Blak how is your rig setup? A male or female version would make things alot easier if you wanted to use a bulk source. FYI, there is no difference bewteen regs in the stab line, rather how you mount them.

warbeak2099
12-21-2005, 02:41 PM
He's using a 12g changer. A sideline would probably be best. However, if you use a tank, this would be the perfect setup:

20oz w/ anti-siphon -> ASA -> decent x-chamber -> VA -> Sideline Stabilizer -> Valve

Muzikman
12-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Even when using a 12 gram changer depending on where it is mounted a male or female would be a better option. I would also forgo the exp chamber is running a Stab, it's not needed and just restricts flow.

Muzikman
12-21-2005, 03:10 PM
I actually think a female stab attached as a sidecar to the valve and then a 12 gram changer screwed into the female stab would make for a cool, simple and clean setup.

etjoyride
12-21-2005, 03:43 PM
I agree with muzikman

gortman44
12-21-2005, 08:55 PM
sorry guys but i am lost. I dont know what you are talking about when you say male or female stab. what is that..

my set up is a 12 gram quick changer on the vert adapter, macro hosed to the valve.

GT
12-21-2005, 11:18 PM
female:
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/online-catalog/stabilizer-female.htm

Take the place of your bottomline ASA. Plug your quick changer in here

gortman44
12-22-2005, 09:50 AM
ohhhh, ok. thanks everybody

Muzikman
12-22-2005, 10:44 AM
If you want to keep your current setup, the Sideline would be your best bet.

What I was thinking of was to take a Female stab, using a male to male fitting mount it like a sideline and then screw your 12gram changer into it. I would then point the changer forward so that it would be parrallel with the body and barrel. I think it would make for an interesting setup.

warbeak2099
12-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Even when using a 12 gram changer depending on where it is mounted a male or female would be a better option. I would also forgo the exp chamber is running a Stab, it's not needed and just restricts flow.

Why would it be a better option? For cosmetics or something? And I don't think an x-chamber before the reg would restrict air flow. It's if you have an x-chamber after a reg when that happens. If he's using this for recball on a classic valved mag, I'm sure he isn't shooting that fast anyways.

Muzikman
12-22-2005, 11:31 AM
A Male or Female would be a better option as it can allow for easier setup if he doesn't want to go with the 12 grams. They are also easier to resell if he should ever want to. The use of the sideline is limited, so it's not easily swapped between different guns.

As for the Exp, if using a Stab there is no reason and yes, they restrict air flow, unless it's like a 3 stage and then it doesn't do anything. Just stick with the Stab and all is good, especially with 12grams.

warbeak2099
12-22-2005, 02:29 PM
A Male or Female would be a better option as it can allow for easier setup if he doesn't want to go with the 12 grams. They are also easier to resell if he should ever want to. The use of the sideline is limited, so it's not easily swapped between different guns.

As for the Exp, if using a Stab there is no reason and yes, they restrict air flow, unless it's like a 3 stage and then it doesn't do anything. Just stick with the Stab and all is good, especially with 12grams.

Ah, I get it. It is easier to swap ut a tank and 12g changer with the male. They are easier to resell too. Another thing is that he could use the male on another gun if he wants.

I'd still like to see the results of a test on running an x-chamber into a reg. Has there ever been such a test or do we need to have someone do it? My hypothesis is that at lower rates of fire common to recball / woodsball (5-7bps), it would work fine, and it would help keep even more liquid out of the gun. I'd like to see a test where someone uses like an ACI 4 stage going into a Palmers Stabilizer.

Muzikman
12-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Well, I have all the parts that would be required to test it. I wonder if AGD would let me use the dyno.

Dark Side
12-22-2005, 11:20 PM
The stabilizer is the best reg to date. Nothing out performs it.

NewbieMagMan10988
12-23-2005, 02:09 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187997

You can see the way i set up my sideline in the pics there. Hope that helps. I love the reg, works great.
Mike