karni
E1
blue body with black accents
e1 with micro switch mod
zero b non-flashed
samurai trigger
stock trigger
has new tickler

i cant decide. i know that the viking is really really air efficent, and both are fast. i dont know much about karnis...

and i also know that in the end its my deciscion and not yours. i just want AO's input. :hail:

etjoyride
12-21-2005, 01:10 PM
I would go with the viking, there both really ggod, but a viking is much simpler to use and maintain. Of course if you like more complex guns then maybe you should go with the karni.

Troen
12-21-2005, 01:27 PM
i say viking because the karni is e1...and vikings look better in my opintion. i never shot either though

68magOwner
12-21-2005, 01:30 PM
in my experiences, my vikings have out-preformed anything i have put them up against, and, im just flat out in love with them. Not going to be able to shoot them for the 06'season, which is disappointing, but still my marker of choice if i was given a choice. I actually have an 04 swirl featherlight for sale if your interested, it straight up performs, every time its aired up, killing machine.

GT
12-21-2005, 01:38 PM
no contest, viking!

VFX_Fenix
12-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Karnivor... for one reason only... Hypnotic Back Block!!!

Actually more from a logistics point of view, Karnivor is still in production and "upgrade" paths are... well.... numerous to say the least. Also because it shares many common parts with other Autocockers there's sure to be nore shortage of replacements should anything break.

That's my opinion anyway... or... get something else.. like ummm... an Angel (they look kinda like Vikings) or a Matrix *shrug*

Chris_automag_07
12-21-2005, 02:09 PM
viking ........cause, its not a cocker.

White_Noise
12-21-2005, 02:42 PM
viking....cause its the one gun i dont have that wish i did(along with my other guns of course) :)

WenULiVeUdiE
12-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Go with the Viking. The leak should just be a gasket at most. I would just send it to DC or to Froth/UndecidedPB.com and have them overhaul it for $30.

I went with a Viking a month ago and haven't looked back since. Everything I could ever want in a marker and then some. In fact, it's sitting on my lap right now...

onedude36
12-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Viking most definately. Are you set on that specific one? maybe try for another, possibly milled, that doesnt leak? In my experience, it has been my most reliable marker. fastest legal(or close to it :rofl: ) gun ive ever owned.

Pha|anx
12-21-2005, 10:52 PM
maybe try for another, possibly milled, that doesnt leak?......

dust blue DC viking
What years is the Viking? Most likely a 2k4; fast, effecient, consistant, and did I mention fast? But then again-- Cockers do shoot further. :rofl:

etjoyride
12-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Cockers do shoot further. :rofl:

:rofl: lol :rofl:

Sheazer
12-22-2005, 02:24 AM
I'm all for the Viking, as most of the reasons have been mentioned. I will add that whoever asked what year it is doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Those being the 2k4 models came with dual ball detents (or quads if upgraded) and a stock SCM, and the on/off switch is on the side of the tray vs the back.

warfrik
12-22-2005, 10:42 PM
Viking ofcourse!

james_cnln
12-22-2005, 10:57 PM
what are the bad things about a viking? any at all?

Troen
12-22-2005, 11:02 PM
what are the bad things about a viking? any at all?
price, rarity, parts arn't as common like with impulses and tippmans, expensive milling, and the fact an ion is alot cheaper and its just as fast, but that last part i read on pbnation.

CoolHand
12-23-2005, 12:50 AM
Karnivor... for one reason only... Hypnotic Back Block!!!

Actually more from a logistics point of view, Karnivor is still in production and "upgrade" paths are... well.... numerous to say the least. Also because it shares many common parts with other Autocockers there's sure to be nore shortage of replacements should anything break.

That's my opinion anyway... or... get something else.. like ummm... an Angel (they look kinda like Vikings) or a Matrix *shrug*

Well, for one thing, with a Viking you don't NEED any upgrades, the thing is basically perfect stock.

Some would call them heavy, but that ones milled so it can't be too bad. They are fast as hell, require little maintenance, and basically never break down.

The only thing that could go to hell and not be found anywhere else is a solenoid (since AKA modifies the Humphrey 'noids), but there is no saying that you can't hand a new Hump 'noid and he old modified one to any competent machinist and solve that problem (besides, 'noids are good of many millions of shots, your finger should wear out before a well cared for 'noid will).

Out of those two, IMO you'd be brain dead to do anything but take the Vik.

Now, toss in a few other markers and you get a harder choice. . . . . . .

But I'd likely still go with the Viking. :ninja:

AzrealDarkmoonZ
12-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Don't the AKA noids just have the diode removed and then the connectors crimped?

Az

CoolHand
12-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Don't the AKA noids just have the diode removed and then the connectors crimped?

Az

Nope, the stock ports in the bodies are plugged, and all new ports are machined into the bodies at 90 degrees to the originals.

There's a good bit of work to it, which is why they cost ~$100 from AKA.

That said, it's not more than any competent machinist can pull off.

punkncat
12-24-2005, 11:45 AM
Nope, the stock ports in the bodies are plugged, and all new ports are machined into the bodies at 90 degrees to the originals.

There's a good bit of work to it, which is why they cost ~$100 from AKA.

That said, it's not more than any competent machinist can pull off.

I can't believe you said competent and machinist in the same sentence..... :D

Honestly I am no fan of the AKA line of markers. I think them a bit heavy a bit pricey and quite ugly. I would choose a trix over one any day.

I am a cocker fan, love almost all of them...save the Karni. I have not ever seen ONE make it though an entire day w/o a problem of some sort. Well more than their fair share of noid problems, among others. I think the Karni was a great idea, but was not put together well.

So given your choices and in spite of my bias, I would also go with the viking...sigh.

VFX_Fenix
12-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Well, for one thing, with a Viking you don't NEED any upgrades, the thing is basically perfect stock.

Some would call them heavy, but that ones milled so it can't be too bad. They are fast as hell, require little maintenance, and basically never break down.

The only thing that could go to hell and not be found anywhere else is a solenoid (since AKA modifies the Humphrey 'noids), but there is no saying that you can't hand a new Hump 'noid and he old modified one to any competent machinist and solve that problem (besides, 'noids are good of many millions of shots, your finger should wear out before a well cared for 'noid will).

Out of those two, IMO you'd be brain dead to do anything but take the Vik.

Now, toss in a few other markers and you get a harder choice. . . . . . .

But I'd likely still go with the Viking. :ninja:

How many guns have you seen broken down because something actually broke vs. someone deciding to tinker?

http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autowb563.gif

master_alexander
12-24-2005, 09:34 PM
my downfall is always a stripped screw. i need to get better allen wrenches. although i have gotten good at getting them out.

i decided to go with a freeflow shocker. i decided this because it has a limited edition vert frame. for some reason i love ver frames and can not really use a .45 frame annymore. wierd hunh.