PDA

View Full Version : would this work?

mag88888
12-21-2005, 09:30 PM
i had an idea cause i was bored so dont make fun of me for my lack of electrical knowledge. i know everything about my mech mag but nothing really once we get into electronics. anyways, would it work if you had a micro switch rigged up to the back of a mech mag frame, double trigger. say...the ultimate mech mag frame by coolhand, for ule milling reasons. 25 gram switch, which was rigged toa solenoid to push the mag sear back and hit the on/off as it works anyways. the trigger rod adn clevid would be unattached from teh sear. teh solenoid would just be pushing back the main sear part. adn powered by a 9 volt, with battery clip so i could solder wires together. now, would this work? from what i've seen this is how the hyperframe works, just without the board cause i dont need a bunch of modes and lcd screen. the micro switch would be 1 pull, 1 shot. sorry if this is terribly stupid. it was justa quick thing i was thinking about. just something to think about, mess around with.

punkncat
12-21-2005, 09:55 PM
Seems like it might be troublesome in regards to a solenoid on time issue.

The board manages and buffers registered shots to a cycle the noid and so forth can fully operate.

mag88888
12-21-2005, 10:00 PM
how milled out are the ultimate mech mag frames by coolhand exactly? could i pound a board in there?

pachytriton
12-21-2005, 10:04 PM
I remember seeing a gun where someone did this. It would work but probably not too reliably. You also would drain your batteries hella fast and maybe blow the noid eventually. I'd also use a heavier switch than 25g to reduce bounce. Try it and let us know, it wouldn't be too expensive and if it worked well it'd be cool. It would also be real tough to get the noid mounted just right, but it's technically possible. Let me know if it works out.

warbeak2099
12-21-2005, 10:32 PM
I did it with my Logic vert frame. I'm still adjusting the noid to work better, but it works pretty well already. It does drain batteries, but that's because of the high dwell needed. I'd say it only gets around a case per 9.6v.

Here's the link:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2015788#post2015788

I'm gonna be taking vids after I get a digital video camera sometime after xmas. It should be before New Year's, but who knows. After that I'll be getting the body drilled for breakbeam eyes and the whole gun will be sent to get pc'd by Ken at KP Customs. He's also the one drilling the eye holes. Ill take vids after I get the gun back and slap lvl 7 in it.

mag88888
12-22-2005, 11:12 AM
warbreak, great to know its possible, thanks for the link adn everything? so you managed to fit that whole t-board in there? do you think this would work with the ultimate mech mag frame? the micro switch fir perfectly? do you have a link of where to get that solenoid? i know its an esp solenoid but where can i just buy that part? any hepl would be appreciated. i thought this was too good to be true!