PDA

View Full Version : To Warp or Not to Warp? Is that the Question???

DiRTyBuNNy
12-11-2001, 02:50 AM
I'm thinking about adding a warp to my new MiniMag..but never having dealt with one before..i'm just wondering what everyone feels about it..I want to hear pros and cons..I mean..it does elimintate hopper hits...but does that really offset the cost of the warp?

MAGS own YOU
12-11-2001, 05:13 AM
Well, I got to pick up my christmas present- Defiant with warp for about 1 sec. As soon as i picked it up, i said it was uncomfortable. You kinda have to move the warp around until you find a good spot. Once i did that, it looked cool. I dont see how you could get a hopper hit when snap
shooting. Unless someone bunkers you, your ok. I havent played with it yet though.

Just looked sweet. IMO

pito189
12-11-2001, 01:21 PM
If you play in tournies it could save the hopper hit, and then you could win first and have all the prizes. That would offset the cost. :D

Oregon_pb_
12-11-2001, 02:36 PM
People with warps please reply!!

I just ordered my warp but it won't be in till next week..

Any tips/pointers?

I got a smoke warp with a warp feed body coming. There are no 90 degree elbows available atm, whats the best way for me to hook up my gun w/o one??

deded
12-11-2001, 03:11 PM
I have a warp and I love it.

I think warps are the most inovative thing in paintball right now, and they are just unembraced because they are different.

In tournament play, it gives you a much lower profile when peeking. But if you play recball, I feel that it is an even bigger advantage. How many times have you spotted someone over a bunker because of the hopper. Some people don't notice that their hopper is sticking up above it, so even if they are ducking their head down, you still know where they are.

I'm pretty sure I did this for a while, too. When you think people are shooting at you, you kind of forget to get your hopper down.

So I'd say it not only eliminates hopper hits, but also hopper sightings.

Some people say they don't like the way it feels, but I love it. It gives the marker a much lower center of gravity. A hopper full of paint can weigh a noticable amount. Put that on top of a gun, feed tube, and elbow, and the COG gets up there. Most people don't notice this because they got used to it over time. And it is just as easy if not more to get used to having that weight down.

I definately recomend a warp, but its up to you. If you don't get to try one out first, then you could buy one used in the classifieds... then if you decide you don't like it, you could sell it for about the same price.

If you have any other questions, just ask!:D