PDA

View Full Version : Matrix owners group?

WARPED1
12-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Any links to the official DYE one? I can't find it. Someone wants to trade me a DM3 LCD for my Eblade. Looking for gun values.
This Trix
http://www.hunt101.com/img/327103.JPG
For my Eblade
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/32000/my_eblade_rs.JPG

SpitFire1299
12-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Keep the eblade.. the dm3 looks pretty beat up. :D

WARPED1
12-22-2005, 08:22 PM
That's what I thought. Told him I'd think about it. :)
I'd still like to know the site though, I joined before, but now I forget the site! :wow:

Banshee23
12-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Goto either matrixowner.com or the Trix forums on PBN. That's not a DYE trix BTW, it's a Gen E. It better have Tadao & eyes at least or it's not close to worth it. What are the specs he gave you on it?

WARPED1
12-22-2005, 08:42 PM
I would really like to get my hands on one of those Diablo trixs', the ones with the pewter grips....

punkncat
12-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Not a DM3 thats a Gen E.

punkncat
12-22-2005, 09:07 PM
I would really like to get my hands on one of those Diablo trixs', the ones with the pewter grips....

As far as I know the one with pewter grips was a Special Edition Gen E.

WARPED1
12-22-2005, 09:08 PM
As far as I know the one with pewter grips was a Special Edition Gen E.
Nope, Diablo made the first Matrices, before Gen E bought them.
Thanks about it not being a DYE.

slade
12-22-2005, 09:24 PM
ask for more specs... id probably wait a bit and take it if i didnt get a better offer, the resale on e-cockers has plumeted. pre-dm4 matrices arent that great either, but cockers are really low.

magman007
12-23-2005, 12:16 AM
www.dyematrix.com/forum i believe is the official dye matrix site, but it pretty much blows, go to MO.com for any good info.

Btw, that is a gen e

Airtech made the first matrix, diablo distributed, then gen e bought the rights to distribute, then dye did. Airtech still holds the origional patent. Talked to Hawk from mo.com about it in length at IAO, as well as paul stattler(SP?) at the bar with hawk.

the origional LE led's with the pewtergrips werent all that LE, they are just hard to find now, also a LE led or even a regular led is going to be a bit of a hasle, most are all upgraded to this point, but there are some different wiring harnesses if you want to go eyes and a different board that would need to be picked up, also you would have to dig for the GUN 20 chip programming etc.

AN LE led will be very easy to spot, since the Vert asa was of the 1/8th npt variety.

Hold out for a true dm3 id say, if thats what you really wanna do, but for an e1 cocker, one may not come around.

edit, to tell a true dm3, look at the mill line on the "bottom Tube" it will go further back, right up to the battery compartment.

edit again: i wouldnt go for that one actually, its got the POS dye rocket lpr on it, the new style lprs were awesome, but the old one, was pretty much a POS, hold out for one with an SCM, the new rocket lpr, or something with a trinity, mini trinity, or a pbc lpr.

WARPED1
12-23-2005, 12:21 AM
That's it! The site I was looking for. And the Airtech trix is the one I want. :)
My buddy has one of the LE Airtech ones. A guy at the DYE booth offered him a buttload of money for it.

OneEyedPimp
12-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Airtech made the first matrix, diablo distributed, then gen e bought the rights to distribute, then dye did. Airtech still holds the origional patent. Talked to Hawk from mo.com about it in length at IAO, as well as paul stattler(SP?) at the bar with hawk.

So does Airtech or DYE develop the new matrices?

magman007
12-23-2005, 12:44 AM
dye does, under licence from airtech

WARPED1
12-23-2005, 12:44 AM
DYE. Hence DM4(5,6, C, whatever). DM= DYE Matrix.

OneEyedPimp
12-23-2005, 01:22 AM
DYE. Hence DM4(5,6, C, whatever). DM= DYE Matrix.

Yeah, I got that. What I was confused about was how magman007 said 'distribute,' so I was just making sure that DYE simply did not redistribute them under a different name.

WARPED1
12-23-2005, 01:49 AM
Him and I posted nearly the same time, he beat me by a little though. :)