PDA

View Full Version : Halo button won't stay on

slateman
12-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Ok, the HALO B I have is missing the red button on the face plate. Its like its been cut out. I dunno why.

Heres what the deal is. There is the gold flexible disk. Then there is the brown button itself. Finally there is the square metal disk with the four holes at the corner.

The problem is that the brown button won't stay in. Its like the four holes in the metal plate are a little too worn. It slips off, the buttons slips off, then the gold disk inside slips off. And then I can't turn on the dang loader.

Is there a good fix? Super glue? I just need it to last till I can get a victory board :headbang:

Chris_automag_07
12-23-2005, 12:21 AM
scotch tape?

magman007
12-23-2005, 02:01 PM
how about a new back plate?

BlackVCG
12-23-2005, 05:44 PM
I believe the metal shield is hot staked to the board with the four plastic pins. In that case, holding down the metal shield to hold the switch together is near impossible after that connection comes loose.

What you can do is get some two-part epoxy and mix it up and put little dabs at the four corners where the holes in the metal cover are. That should hold it down until you get your new board.