PDA

View Full Version : Spydermag Business

SpitFire1299
12-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Like Luke, he has been talking about creating spydermag modifications for people. He said he was thinking of doing the flipped solenoid mod. Im not exactly sure what else he had in mind, but heres what im thinking.

I have 2 esp frames. Both have not yet been modded. I for sure am going to make one into a spyder mag frame, using the mod that does not flip the sear. If i do good, and test it out, and make sure that it is flawless; I plan on creating yet another spydermag frame. Those 2 frames would be later sold in the B/S/T forum. Those 2 people who buy them would test them out, and give me all of their feedback on how they worked. If they are good, and work flawlessly, i would get a couple esp frames and also mod them and sell them too.

Heres the thing. I have the time, and resources to do this mod. But, i do not know how good spydermag frames actually are. Thats why i would have 2 "beta testers" that would actually by the frame (and sear of course) to try out on there gun.

My mod would consist of:
-The spyder/automag sear modification
-Lots of options including: Boards, triggers, switches, grips, etc.
-Inline holes for a normal asa(no more spyder adapters)
-Some sort of bumper to put behind the solenoid to make it not so loud
-Microswitch screws, instead of those pins

Later mods and ideas:
-Removing the front part(where the front screw goes on a spyder) so it will fit on classic rails, unless you specify that you would like to keep it.
-Modification of rt-pro, and classic sear/rails
-Powder-coating, and cleaning up so you dont see where the molds of the frame where put together (This would provide a more professional look to the spyder frames)
-Heres the big one.. After I recieve positive feedback from all my buyers, I would begin to do trade-ins. Trade ins would consist of you sending in your frame, and i send you a modified one that has been tested good. Testing would be done on every frame we do. All frames would come with a warranty. All warranties have rules! :)

About me:
-I have been an automag owner for 4 years, and an AO member for around 2-3.
-I have 25+ feedback on this forum for buying, selling, and of course trading.
-I have owned a hyperframe, but was not satisfied at the mods that can be done to it.

About my "team"-
-Currently I have 3 people that will be helping me with this. They are all personal friends, and of course paintballers.

My goal:
-To make an affordable electronic frame, and base my profits off of labor, rather then the frames themselves. Im thinking these frames, stock with the mod, stock board, solenoid bumper, new grips, and the asa holes will cost you around $100-$160. I know it is a $60 range, but so far i am undecided on the kind of grips i will use (trade-ins will be later decided).

Also.. there will be a limit on trade-ins. You will not have to wait anymore than a week to get your trade-in spyder frame, unless your waiting for boards, grips, switches, etc. to come in so i can install them.

This will all not happen in a couple days or weeks. Give it a good month before I share my results on my first 2 frames.

Now for you guys. What do you think of the idea? What things would you change to make you happy? Please state all your opinions.. if you dont like the idea, please explain why.

Thanks! :cheers:
Spitfire1299

Addition: (This FBM trigger and a tboard will most likley be put on the frames until more options are made available.)
http://www.pbreview.com/pics/1107764555.jpg

Rudz
12-23-2005, 02:55 PM
will upgrades involve t boards, micro switches, ramping chips???? or any other goodies??
also will you include eyes, do you have any experience in mass machining and eye drilling??

SpitFire1299
12-23-2005, 03:08 PM
will upgrades involve t boards, micro switches, ramping chips???? or any other goodies??
also will you include eyes, do you have any experience in mass machining and eye drilling??
All the stuff you listed will be an option to include when bought. :) Lots of goodies.. i mean lots.

I probley will not be doing eyes right away, because it would be more issues that could happen in the future. Another person who is doing these mods with me would like to do eyes, but we are currently undecided. For sure eyes will not be done right away(if even done), and also they would only be done on ule bodies.

Rudz
12-23-2005, 03:50 PM
ya im sure u remember i only have kartas!!! bahh

SpitFire1299
12-23-2005, 04:09 PM
ya im sure u remember i only have kartas!!! bahh
I would be kind of scared drilling a hole in the side of a karta. :ninja:

onedude36
12-23-2005, 04:21 PM
I wanted to do this, but since luke and now you are going to attempt it, i wont. I may start drilling ule bodys for eyes though. I have one already done as a model, so i might try it one one of my personal ones.

SpitFire1299
12-23-2005, 04:24 PM
I wanted to do this, but since luke and now you are going to attempt it, i wont. I may start drilling ule bodys for eyes though. I have one already done as a model, so i might try it one one of my personal ones.
Sounds great, tell me how it turns out. :)

Troen
12-23-2005, 05:25 PM
want me to beta test, buddy?

SpitFire1299
12-23-2005, 05:35 PM
want me to beta test, buddy?
Talk to me on aim. :)

The main beta testers will be the members of my team.