PDA

View Full Version : Wheres The News

Yamz
12-23-2005, 10:55 PM
:::Disclaimer::: I have been deployed overseas to Iraq (as opposed to being stationed like I was in Japan) and in the field training pretty much constantly for the last 2 years now and I just might have missed everything important. :::End Disclaimer:::

Where is all the industry news? The most exciting thing in the last year has been the release of all the exact same markers with new year numbers and VL trying to make a new hopper. The Q-loader was the last real news as far as new gear was concerned. Even the industry itself has died off there has not been any big name controversy over who is leaving who to sign up for them. Even all the talk about what Smart Parts was doing to the industry has died off all except for the occasional SP insult. I even remember the excitement of paintball finally getting the TV time it needed to grow what happened to that. Did our sport just level out, did we finish growing. I am sure events are getting bigger and more people are playing but the news about it all has kind of just gone away. I hope I am just missing it all by not checking in often but when the news about your hobbies are all you have of them you notice when there is none.

Yamz is currently in Kuwait after doing convoy duty in Iraq. Yamz will be leaving shortly to return to the states and EAOS or get out of the navy for those that don't know

skife
12-24-2005, 02:19 AM
the ION has came out.
SP's new gun. quite wicked for the $300 price tag.
Because you can get a 17bps gun with beambreak eyes and ramping(another new issue) for $300 resale on electro's have dropped dramatically, i bought my timmy for $480 and am having a hard time getting rid of it for $300.

VFX_Fenix
12-24-2005, 07:34 PM
HALO B is still king in the loader department, Q-Loaders haven't really caught on from what I've seen just milling around on a few fields and tournaments.

Smart Parts has released a new version of the Ion in the SP8 which is modeled to look like the XM-8.

View Loader has their next gen hopper called the "VLocity" which looks like the bastard child of a HALO and a Ricochet.

Planet eclipse has released their Ego, the first gun to be produced in house for eclipse.

WDP has changed the layout of the Angel a little bit and, as always, improved uppon the old design. (debatable but I'll buy it)

DYE came out with an "Mid-Level" soft and hard goods label in Proto which makes pretty much everything DYE makes with Proto badges on everything including the Proto Matrix.

Kingman USA has entered the Scenario paintball market with their MR1 and MR2 guns. Otherwise more of the same.

Tippmann has released their newest gun, the Tippmann C3 pump, which is the first paintball gun to use propane as it's propellant gas. This caused some controversy in the community with some questioning the legality of such a design and implications there in.

Ben Tippmann left Tippmann Pneumatics to start his own company after the sale of his lineage's company to another conglomerant.

WGP was purchased by K2 and has subsequently produced an all new line of Autocockers in the Trillogy serries which cost between $130 and $230-ish. Bud Orr has since moved on into the Custom Chopper business.... kinda...

SF Avalanch left their sponsor System-X mid season and once again entered the fold of WDP.

I seem to recall hearing that the NPPL and PSP would be joining forces again, though that could just be a faulty memory.

Bob Long brought back his Defiant and trimmed down his Intimidators.

I'm sure there's a lot more, but I don't keep too much in touch with what's going on in the paintball world.

onedude36
12-24-2005, 08:16 PM
logics new electro-pneu frame, devils frames are backed up to hell, tac 1 was release before you left i belive? 15bps ramping is legal in psp, cfoa, and nxl(although you mighta heard of that) resale is crap, pumps are slowly making a comeback, cant think of anything else. welcome back, kthxby

buzzboy
12-24-2005, 09:11 PM
The value of used markers has gone down tremendously. You can't even get rid of NIB stuff w/o dropping the price dramatically.

Dropforwards came and went.

More and more fields are staring to allow cheater boards in guns.

Automags are still shooting straight.

Yamz
12-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the update on all that some I have caught some and other I missed but still mostly the hype of about 2 years ago makes this news... welll... kind of leave something to be desired somtime in Feb my unit returns to the states(we hope) and Aug 3 I finish a 6 year tour in the seabees with 4 years time overseas or in the field maybe i can start playing paintball again and stop just reading about it