PDA

View Full Version : Apache vs. Halo B for a 9volt warp

Thorno
12-24-2005, 12:22 PM
So thats the situtation and I also have fast fingers and a fast mag(all mech, but modded w/ ULT and soon to have a trigger job by luke), which hopper do u reccomend and which will work with the warp/apache, which is faster or more worth the money in my case.
Thanks guys and Happy Holidays,
-Roger B.

onedude36
12-24-2005, 01:06 PM
well, if you get the halo, i belive that you will need to route your hose funny, or cut it. The apache will fit fine on there stock. The apache feeds like 15-18 i belive? well, you wont need its speed unless your shooting long strings of 25 or more very quickly. I would suggest a revy instead, unless you plan on playing xball with it, although you might have a hard time with a mech gun :D

Thorno
12-24-2005, 01:23 PM
WellI laready play xball with my gun and I get a decent 15+ bps easily. But can I configure the either the apache or the halo to work with the warp. How does each compare, whoch is best overall for the value?
-Roger B.

pachytriton
12-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Not sure about the apache but eggs work real well with the warp because the hopper doesn't get in the way of the hose at all. I think the apache performs similarly to the egg but better quality.

StellarRAD
12-24-2005, 04:06 PM
Not sure about the apache but eggs work real well with the warp because the hopper doesn't get in the way of the hose at all. I think the apache performs similarly to the egg but better quality.

I'm not one to knock another person's suggestions, but I would NOT put an egg on it. It might not get in the way, but it sticks so far back into your face. I played with an egg on my warp for about 5 months, and than put a REVVY on it. Anything smaller like a REVVY works for getting a lot tighter and the EGG scratched the crap out of my mask lenses.

Cow hunter
12-24-2005, 05:44 PM
i would go for the apache for several reasons
-lighter than a halo
-fits better
-halo's break a lot(or so ive heard)
-has neat features like game timers/shot counters
-looks cooler
-cheaper

theres also an ARX somthing or other apache model thats supposed to be fast
ive used an apache on a tadao'd DC'd viking and it didnt seem to have problems at a semi-fast ROF

paint magnet
12-24-2005, 09:58 PM
Either one should be fast enough to feed the warp. The only issues you have to consider are weight and gravity feed. Shooting normally (not offhanded) with the Rico on there, you'll have no problems whatsoever shooting until the hopper is dry without skipping a beat. When you lean the gun sideways though, the balls won't feed (as it's gravity fed and not forcefeed like the Halo), so you'll only have 15-25 shots before you'll have to tuck back in and tilt the gun upright to let it catch up.

Personally, I'd go with the Apache out of the two you picked. However, if you are going to do that (meaning you don't need to shoot more than 20 balls offhanded), I'd opt for a 12v. Xboard or intellifed Revvie instead. I have an Apache, which has never given me any trouble...it's nice and lightweight, low maintenence, and all that good stuff, but it's also noisy, likes to spin a lot, and is just annoying as hell in general. The Revvie will not starve your warp and will offer you the smallest and lightest possible profile.

*edit*
When shooting offhanded, the Halo will give you a decided advantage but will still only feed the balls that can reach the feed cup, so figure an extra 10 or 20 balls at most that you'll get to shoot over gravity feed, not the whole hopper.

Thorno
12-24-2005, 10:39 PM
has anyone here actually configured a apache to a warp? I haven't set my warp up with any hoppers yet as I just got it so I am trying to figure out which hopper I should get, I sold my halo tsa back man because I was ALWAYS out shooting it and it feeds at almost the same rate as a x'ed revvie so no on the revvie it think.
LMK

paint magnet
12-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Were you using it on the warp though? The warp only feeds around 12 bps unmodded, if I remember correctly, so you don't have to have a loader that fast on there.

While you may outshoot one hopper with it directly on the gun, don't forget the fact that you have those 15 or so balls in the warp to keep the gun fed. The feed rate of the hopper doesn't matter that much unless you're shooting so fast that the loader can't feed the warp.

logicmag19
12-24-2005, 11:48 PM
Just got my warp today and fitted it with my Halo. It's amazing! Shot a hopper through it already and I don't think I'll ever regret the warp/halo combo.

Little_Ho
12-25-2005, 09:09 PM
Hi i use a EGG2 with my Warp.

its a nice Fit.

Little_Ho