PDA

View Full Version : dishwashing your gear?

SPECIAL_K_06
12-27-2005, 10:19 AM
I heard you can put your gear in a dishwashing machine and not have to worry about cleaning it,. Is this true?

GT
12-27-2005, 10:25 AM
I do it with pods. Make sure the heat dry cycle is off. I wouldnt do thie with your mask.

Shives
12-27-2005, 10:26 AM
I do that w/ my barrels on occasion. Couldn't see doing it w/ much else. I would bet most hoppers would melt or at least warp a bit, as would pods.

I usually hold my guns under the shower for a few seconds, fire them a couple of times (in the shower w/ no paint), and then wipe dry.

Shives

SPECIAL_K_06
12-27-2005, 11:54 AM
you cant do that with electronic guns can you?

WARPED1
12-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Hopper shells and pods can be put in there. Watch the dry cycle. Too much heat baaaaad! :wow:

Arstron
12-27-2005, 12:57 PM
I run some nice warm (they dont like it cold) bath water for my markers and when they treat me really good, I give them a buble bath. :D

Ok so I dont really give them a buble bath, but I really do run bath water and let most of my stuff soak in it for awhile. Special K, no it doesnt work with electronic guns, unless you take the electronics out, same goes for hoppers.
:dance:

RazorMonkey
12-27-2005, 01:27 PM
For barrels, I fill up the bathroom sink with hot water... Put all of my fronts, backs, and possibly inserts in (depending if I used the UL or the Freak that day) and swish them around... Then I stand the Freak case up like a tent, and use it to hold all the pieces up in front of a space heater... I set the space heater timer for ~2 hours then forget about it... Works great... As far as my gun goes, I pull out some Q-Tips, alcohol, paper towels, squeegees, swabs, Dow 55, Triflow, o-ring kit, new batteries, and some elbowgrease( ;) ) and give my gun a full washdown... Keeps her happy and shooting :D Of course, when I had my mag I would just rub that down with some paper towels and run some oil through it... Haha but my mag is gone :( I'll pick a new one up soon, though... :D

Lohman446
12-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Wow... just wow.

I toss my gear into my gear bag and pull it out the next week. One time at a tournament I pulled it out, and had dirt in the breach, a few quick shots solved that problem...

Carbon Blue
12-27-2005, 03:09 PM
I cant stand using any of my gear if its dirty. It takes a good 3-4hrs of cleaning after every use. Each game i hand wash every single part of my gun. I just dont wipe it down, the whole gun is dissassembled. If i dont use soap and water for every nook and cranny then i use specified oils to clean that certain part up. Followed by a polish and wax for the body/frame/rail. Pods, mask, knee pads,gloves get a hot soapy wash and then get hung out to dry. Pants and jersey gets hosed down and tossed into the washing machine. I really cant see anyone use a dishwasher other than pods, unless you gut the whole gun and put the body,rail and frame in there with no valve/e;electronics of course, but doing a hand wash on those parts would be just as good and probably 3x's as fast. People have different cleaning rituals and some for that matter some have none at all :wow: but hey whatever works best!

M98Punk
12-27-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm all about the rubbing alcohole, I use that and alot of q-tips :p and I thow all my soft goods into the washer in the delicate cycle

Carbon Blue
12-27-2005, 03:14 PM
I'm all about the rubbing alcohol, I use that and alot of q-tips :p and I thow all my soft goods into the washer in the delicate cycle

:clap:

Lohman446
12-27-2005, 03:14 PM
I'm all about the rubbing alcohole, I use that and alot of q-tips :p and I thow all my soft goods into the washer in the delicate cycle

You would be made fun of soundly on my team...

GT
12-27-2005, 03:21 PM
You would be made fun of soundly on my team...

ohh no... :rolleyes:

Lohman446
12-27-2005, 03:41 PM
ohh no... :rolleyes:

:) it was meant in fun... We had a player once who did that. Still on the team, great player, pretty fun to be around, but we have to give him crap when he does it, just for fun.

/Its equally amusing that it is his gear that most often has in game problems with functioning

SpitFire1299
12-27-2005, 04:03 PM
I just take apart my gun completley, and clean all the main parts with a damp/somewhat soapy rag. I never really have to clean my xvalve or barrel though. :D

JKR
12-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Rubbing alcohol and paper towels here--oil then reassemble. Rubbing alcohol cleans paint very well and dries quickly without leaving a residue.

AGDlover
12-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Wow... just wow.

I toss my gear into my gear bag and pull it out the next week. One time at a tournament I pulled it out, and had dirt in the breach, a few quick shots solved that problem...

i do tha same but i run a swab though the gun quick and its fine

buzzboy
12-27-2005, 04:58 PM
I remove the grip frame/lpr/valve/ram/frontblock/bolt from my BKO and give it a bath. I remove the electronics from grip frame and do the same once in a blue moon. If I had a dishwasher I would have to try that.

Lord_Whoopass
12-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Markers - wipe down w/ paper towel and clean inside if necesary
Hoppers- ^same as markers
Barrels - run water down barrel and through porting and dry it...
Pack, jersey, pants, etc - thrown in washer and dryer...
Mask - clean in my sink and dry...
pods - water and an air hose...

Of course thats when I actually clean everything... most of the time its a pre-tourny ritual... then I make sure everything is working good...

Shives
12-27-2005, 05:06 PM
you cant do that with electronic guns can you?

Until just recently, I had no electros, so that wsn't an issue. Palmer said to take my Strocker into the shower w/ me. Been doing that w/ everything else ever since. Have to work out a different process for the Emag now.

Shives

slade
12-27-2005, 05:51 PM
i did that a while ago with my mag, the whole marker and tank gassed up, tank cover, pods, harness, even part of my mask. it worked fine. just dont have it on heated dry or any settings like that.

Lohman446
12-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Palmer said to take my Strocker into the shower w/ me.

Just wondered...

/no, nevermind

Resurection
12-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Just wondered...

/no, nevermind

I am SURE you didn't want to know... :nono:

onedude36
12-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Markers - wipe down w/ paper towel and clean inside if necesary
Hoppers- ^same as markers
Barrels - run water down barrel and through porting and dry it...
Pack, jersey, pants, etc - thrown in washer and dryer...
Mask - clean in my sink and dry...
pods - water and an air hose...

Of course thats when I actually clean everything... most of the time its a pre-tourny ritual... then I make sure everything is working good...

yarly

GT
12-27-2005, 08:53 PM
:) it was meant in fun... We had a player once who did that. Still on the team, great player, pretty fun to be around, but we have to give him crap when he does it, just for fun.

/Its equally amusing that it is his gear that most often has in game problems with functioning

I just dont want my man like sent to overwhelm the guys I play with while waiting for the count.0000..

All i do is wipe down my gun and wash my clothes. I usually display my rigs in my office for vistors to see. Good ice breaker.

SpitFire1299
12-27-2005, 10:55 PM
I dont get why you guys use rubbing alcohol. A damp paper towel will clean it, rubbing alcohol is over-dueing it a bit isnt it? :)

slade
12-28-2005, 11:59 AM
I dont get why you guys use rubbing alcohol. A damp paper towel will clean it, rubbing alcohol is over-dueing it a bit isnt it? :)
rubbing alcohol is great for cleaning the inside of your markers. it removes oil residue and anything else so easily to make the part very clean. i often use rubbing alcohol and q-tips on my markers.

PumpPlayer
12-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Well, the proper use of rubbing alcohol is not "straight".

You want a 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) and water. The result is actually a mild detergent. The alcohol lowers the surface tension and lets it flow into tight spaces more easily. The mixture, which contains water, will still soften up paint and dirt whereas straight alcohol doesn't work quite as well. Better yet, it evaporates easily with no residue so there's no fuss trying to get it dry.

And you don't need much. About 2 oz. of solution cleans most markers easily unless they're really, really dirty.