PDA

View Full Version : New found desire.....or not

buzzboy
12-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Soon after buying a BKO I started having doubts about it. First the reg went crazy on me not working in any way shape of form. I bought a fatty and had a new problem, the on/off asa had rusted in the on position and was leaking. Soon fixed by a new duckbill. The next game I got bunkered and shot in the guage and it cracked wide open. Luckly I wasn't using the guage on my fatty so I had something to put there and stop the leak. The next game my Rik AK went out on me and pulling 10+ bps with gravity hopper and no PDS can be a problem.

All this was soon to change. I went, last friday, to my first ever real field. It was great. I used my friends Halo TSA and my gun shot fine. No chops(I knew not to fire to fast) and all the parts worked fine. This made me fall in love with my BKO once more.

Before this point in time I was planning to trade this BKO for a Mini/Micro mag. This is because the mag is more upgradable and would come with an antichop system(if I traded or bought off here)
Now I am leaning towards other, brighter futures. I bought a warp feed so I wouldn't outshoot my hopper. Then I got to thinking that I could Intelliboard my RIK AK to my BKO so it would actually work(the little flip switch thingy is not working). That would be great but I don't know how to do it(<--Tell me ). And then I could get pds and have a gun that won't chop and will be able to shoot as fast as I want it to.

So here are my thoughs now. Remember that I usually play rec speedball. I like guns that have low profiles(hence warp). I also prefere guns that will not chop under any rate of fire(hence PDS or LVLx). I really don't care about weight.

Idea #1
BKO
Rik AK intelli to gun and warp
Fatty Stab
Dye UL
PDS
Duckbill

Idea #2
Minimag
Same Hopper setup
AGD Bike grip or whatever woulc come with it
Whatever barrel I could find. Preferably Freak.
LVL 10
Xvalve if I culd get it

Idea #3
DM3
Warp left Breach
Fatty Stab
DYE UL
Keep hopper setup

Idea #4
Racegun Cocker
Same hopper
Same barrel

Idea #5
Angel LCD/LED
Same hopper
Whatever barrel I can find
Fatty Stab

BigEvil
12-27-2005, 03:31 PM
Ive always liked Angels. If you are interested, I know where you can get one with a predator board :D

pachytriton
12-27-2005, 04:09 PM
If you don't care about weight, I'd go with a dm3. Either that or the angel.

magman007
12-27-2005, 05:48 PM
idea 3, minus the warp. the dm3 isnt the lightest gun, adding a warp is a bad idea, and frankly useless. get the dm3, you wont be dissapointed, sell the ric and use the warp money to get a halo and be set

camilion705
12-27-2005, 09:44 PM
The DM3 is the best gun on there, I really liked how my Trix shot. However, they are relatively large guns and it sounds to me that you want something smaller. (BKO, Minimag) But they are super sheap these days and offer great bang for the buck!

I also had a BKO and didnt really like it. Terribly unreliable and shot more liquid than capsules...

Had an Angel LED and it shot perfectly and faster (legally) than anything I have ever used, until the reg seal went bad and 800psi of compressed air blew upart the internals...

Had an eblade cocker and wasnt "wowed" or anything. Just a mediocre gun. (Maybe race is better? I dont have any experience with them.)

Mags are great. I love mine. It shoots fast enough for me and is super light and small. Plus you get to be a part of a creepy pball cult :ninja:

My advice, go to your field and just ask to hold people's guns. You will hate using a gun that doesn't feel at home in your hands.

pachytriton
12-27-2005, 10:30 PM
I didn't think of this before but ICD promasters rock. I shot one for the 1st time the other day and loved it. It's fast, light, small, has a lower profile than previous bushys and is really comfy. The stock reg isn't good but you already have a palmers. Defineately shoot whatever gun you want before you get it, dm3s shoot really well but I hated the weight/size when I almost got one. It just seemed akward in my hands compared to my rt ule.

SpitFire1299
12-27-2005, 10:49 PM
Idea 2 and 3 were great, but i went with 2 because xvalves are very reliable, and ive never really owned a dm3.

buzzboy
12-28-2005, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the help so far. It kinda sucks living in a remote place because I get to see a limited number of guns(blowbacks and a shocker). I am really taking a liking to DM3s. If I can find one with eyes I will definately get it. And what stock reg do DM3s have. Should I just keep the fatty.

magman007
12-28-2005, 02:11 PM
dm3's usually come with a dye hyper2 reg, which is in essence a sidewinder, great reg, or they may come with a pbc reg, also a great reg. If you can keep the fatty, id do it though, as the fatty is better than the winder and pbc.

TheTramp
12-28-2005, 04:27 PM
If I can find one with eyes I will definately get it.

IMHO there's no reason these days to buy an electro without eyes. If you don't get the Mag w/ L10 I'd make eyes your next priority. One electropneumatics can basicly shoot just as fast as the next so your going to need some sort of anti-chop. Some of the older Angels, Trixes, etc seem like really good deals (and they are if you're going to put in eyes) but they will chop paint.

buzzboy
12-28-2005, 05:14 PM
If I get an older DM and it doesn't have eyes how much would it cost to add them.

TheTramp
12-28-2005, 05:38 PM
I'd say $150-$300 depending what board you get and who does the work.

This makes my point even stronger. For example, you could easily get an Intimidator (they all have eyes) for $400.